TP Shortage?

General humor & jokes. Share funny photos and jokes. Must be "R" rated or below.
CountryDweller

TP Shortage?

Post by CountryDweller »

I picked my Mother up this afternoon to drop her off at the grocery store to do her weekly shopping. Tuesdays in our town is "Senior Citizen's Day," where they can go shopping anywhere and receive a 5% discount. I found her at the check out.

One thing I noticed as I looked around and even while helping the girl bag my Mother's groceries is that just about everyone had a 12 or 24 pack of toilet paper in their buggy. I asked the cashier IF TP was on sale today? The answer came back, no, but the bagger told me that every Tuesday is toilet paper day.

Is there going to be a shortage on TP soon, or do the Senior's just keep purchasing it to have it in reserve?

My Mother's answer was just that she didn't want to run out. :confused: One person, living alone, needs 24 rolls per week?
nvalleyvee

TP Shortage?

Post by nvalleyvee »

I doubt there will we a TP shortage at the factory - the price of fuel might make shortages at the store though. I was told to send rolls of it to my SIL in Iraq because their idea of TP is dead leaves......:-5
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
lady cop

TP Shortage?

Post by lady cop »

my Dad bought everything in bulk to save money...he would tell the store he owned a nursing home to get the lowest rate on TP and tell the pet store he owned a kennel to get the best deal on dog food. of course we had a lifetime supply of both! LOL
chonsigirl

TP Shortage?

Post by chonsigirl »

Maybe it's an early winter, they are stocking up on the TP. Bread and milk are persiahable.........................:)
Clint

TP Shortage?

Post by Clint »

I think it's one of those second childhood things. I'll bet they TP the nursing home dining room.:wah:
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
chonsigirl

TP Shortage?

Post by chonsigirl »

:yh_rotfl Clint wrote: I think it's one of those second childhood things. I'll bet they TP the nursing home dining room.:wah:
SOJOURNER

TP Shortage?

Post by SOJOURNER »

Country Dweller:

Maybe she forgets where she has put it................
Bridget

TP Shortage?

Post by Bridget »

You know my mother and mother-in-law were both stockers in their senior years. They both survived the depression so that is what we accounted it to. My mother had enough canned peaches to feed the whole town, and my mother-in-law had

enough Depends to to finish out her life and they did plus a whole lot left over. I do buy a lot of tp but I live out in the country and have three bathrooms. The one thing I really fear running out of (and this is so silly) is dishwashing detergent for my dish washer. I guess we all have our quirks.
CountryDweller

TP Shortage?

Post by CountryDweller »

SOJOURNER wrote: Country Dweller:

Maybe she forgets where she has put it................

I doubt she forgets where she puts it, but I know one thing...

I'll know where to go for paper to start our woodstove this Winter! :wah:
CountryDweller

TP Shortage?

Post by CountryDweller »

Clint wrote: I think it's one of those second childhood things. I'll bet they TP the nursing home dining room.:wah:

:yh_rotfl
Kathy

TP Shortage?

Post by Kathy »

chonsigirl wrote: :yh_rotfl

Now THAT is something I would love to see!!!:
valerie

TP Shortage?

Post by valerie »

I am doing work for this wonderful lady... she is 74 but you'd never know it

she's as fit physically as I am believe it or not... anyway, she has so many

things like that, she is having me organize/pack stuff for her move... keep

coming across things like numerous cans of Scotch Guard, boxes and boxes

of light bulbs, or picture frames, or what have you. I think some of it might

have to do with the Depression, I think a lot who lived through that

just want to make doubly sure they have STUFF.

:-3
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Return to “Just For The Fun Of It”