Tell me about your pets

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

Tell me about your pets

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Do you have pets?

Do you talk to them?

I often wonder what people would think If they happened to be walking past the house just as my husband was saying:

To our cat.... " You need to seriously de clutter your tail mate.

To our youngest dog... " I am not kissing you, you've been killing frogs all day.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Tell me about your pets

Post by Odie »

oscar;1366212 wrote: Do you have pets?

Do you talk to them?

I often wonder what people would think If they happened to be walking past the house just as my husband was saying:

To our cat.... " You need to seriously de clutter your tail mate.

To our youngest dog... " I am not kissing you, you've been killing frogs all day.

as you know I have 5 indoor cats and I feed 3 strays on my porch several times per day.

I've always talked and laughed and called my pets names, neighbors, friends and family think I'm stupid, as they only call them by name when it concerns them, in my life with pets, they need adult attention and without it, they become lonely and sad, even when I can't find my indoor cats, I will call that cats name out-loud nicely, all of my other cats come out from everywhere trying to help me find them, as they think something has gone wrong.............which makes them feel sad and insecure.

even my outside stray cats, I literally bello their names to make sure they come back safe.

The neighbors just stop and glare at me, but I don't give a damn, it's more important to me, to make sure they get home safe than any neighbors weird stares.

they all have nicknames..........so here and there throughout the day, I call funnily

cashew bug!

socks boy!

spiker-dude!

just Jack and

shriek-boy!

:yh_rotfl

all other times they are called nicety by their own name.

when they dig up the dirt from my plants, I have them all trained, by calling just their name firmly.........and squirt water on their leg..........never in their face.

I have one who still doesn't listen and I had a beautiful artificial plant in a gorgeous planter........who has chewed and swallowed the leaves.......so a few weeks ago..it went into the garbage as he kept bringing it up.......and that just isn't good for his disgust tract.

so you can also teach cats.

'I am not kissing you, you've been killing frogs all day':yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
buttercup

Tell me about your pets

Post by buttercup »

Yes, talk to them all the time, love it when they tip their head from side to side as if trying to work out what your saying ;-)
Oscar Namechange

Tell me about your pets

Odie;1366224 wrote: as you know I have 5 indoor cats and I feed 3 strays on my porch several times per day.

I've always talked and laughed and called my pets names, neighbors, friends and family think I'm stupid, as they only call them by name when it concerns them, in my life with pets, they need adult attention and without it, they become lonely and sad, even when I can't find my indoor cats, I will call that cats name out-loud nicely, all of my other cats come out from everywhere trying to help me find them, as they think something has gone wrong.............which makes them feel sad and insecure.

even my outside stray cats, I literally bello their names to make sure they come back safe.

The neighbors just stop and glare at me, but I don't give a damn, it's more important to me, to make sure they get home safe than any neighbors weird stares.

they all have nicknames..........so here and there throughout the day, I call funnily

cashew bug!

socks boy!

spiker-dude!

just Jack and

shriek-boy!

:yh_rotfl

all other times they are called nicety by their own name.

when they dig up the dirt from my plants, I have them all trained, by calling just their name firmly.........and squirt water on their leg..........never in their face.

I have one who still doesn't listen and I had a beautiful artificial plant in a gorgeous planter........who has chewed and swallowed the leaves.......so a few weeks ago..it went into the garbage as he kept bringing it up.......and that just isn't good for his disgust tract.

so you can also teach cats.

'I am not kissing you, you've been killing frogs all day':yh_rotfl Really ??? That's outrageous .
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Tell me about your pets

buttercup;1366230 wrote: Yes, talk to them all the time, love it when they tip their head from side to side as if trying to work out what your saying ;-) Your dogs are magnificent BC. The Wolves as I recall.
Odie

Tell me about your pets

Post by Odie »

buttercup;1366230 wrote: Yes, talk to them all the time, love it when they tip their head from side to side as if trying to work out what your saying ;-)

Hi buttercup and welcome back again!:)

I knew you would talk to them and they show how much they love you back by tipping their heads from side to side as they are trying to understand what your saying:-6
buttercup

Tell me about your pets

Post by buttercup »

Oscar - Well they are fake wolves / look a likes, its been a while since i posted pics so will put up a few, due a litter next week, very exciting ;-)

Odie - waves
Odie

Tell me about your pets

Post by Odie »

oscar;1366231 wrote: Really ??? That's outrageous .

which part?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

Tell me about your pets

buttercup;1366235 wrote: Oscar - Well they are fake wolves / look a likes, its been a while since i posted pics so will put up a few, due a litter next week, very exciting ;-)

Odie - waves Puppies ??? How wonderful. Are you keeping any?
Odie

Tell me about your pets

Post by Odie »

buttercup;1366235 wrote: Oscar - Well they are fake wolves / look a likes, its been a while since i posted pics so will put up a few, due a litter next week, very exciting ;-)

Odie - waves

:yh_flower
Oscar Namechange

Tell me about your pets

Odie;1366236 wrote: which part?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl Your family thinking you are stupid. Some folks are just plain cruel.
buttercup

Tell me about your pets

Post by buttercup »

Pups from my last litter, now yearlings.

buttercup

Tell me about your pets

Post by buttercup »

oscar;1366237 wrote: Puppies ??? How wonderful. Are you keeping any?

Yes, two. We only breed if we want something special for ourselves.
buttercup

Tell me about your pets

Post by buttercup »

One of the males, Mum carries the blue eye gene so we did expect at least one pup to have them.

buttercup

Tell me about your pets

Post by buttercup »

This is Daddy

Oscar Namechange

Tell me about your pets

Astonishingly beautiful BC. Love the eyes !!! Bet those eyes have freaked out a passing rambler on a dark night before.

Please Please Please don't show me pics of the puppies when they come. I'll only want two or three LOL

Meanwhile I'll have to stick to my Parson Terrier who has all the social graces of Charlie Sheen after two bottles of Vodka at an awards ceremony.
buttercup

Tell me about your pets

Post by buttercup »

Mommie

buttercup

Tell me about your pets

Post by buttercup »

oscar;1366244 wrote: Astonishingly beautiful BC. Love the eyes !!! Bet those eyes have freaked out a passing rambler on a dark night before.

Please Please Please don't show me pics of the puppies when they come. I'll only want two or three LOL

Meanwhile I'll have to stick to my Parson Terrier who has all the social graces of Charlie Sheen after two bottles of Vodka at an awards ceremony.

Dont worry unless its a bigger litter than i expect all the pups have homes before they are even born. Is the parson a new addition? I seem to remember it was Jack Russel's you had?
Oscar Namechange

Tell me about your pets

buttercup;1366246 wrote: Dont worry unless its a bigger litter than i expect all the pups have homes before they are even born. Is the parson a new addition? I seem to remember it was Jack Russel's you had?
The male Is a Pedigree Parson, the two girls are Jack Russells.

Gone to Ground - Parson Russell Terriers

The link Is Interesting. Listed under Great Grandparents Is Greta Grandfather, 'Howlbeck Izzy-Rite for Jagen' and Great Grandmother ' Jagen Fire and Ice'. They are Mulder's, my boys, parents. I paid all that money for a top bloodstock only to get a Bozo. LOL When I registered Mulder with the Kennel Club, we started a new line, 'Jagen Agent Fox Mulder'
buttercup

Tell me about your pets

Post by buttercup »

What are the temprement differences between the parson and the jack?
Oscar Namechange

Tell me about your pets

buttercup;1366249 wrote: What are the temprement differences between the parson and the jack?
This Is a very good description of The Parson Russell Terrier taken from Parson Russell Site.

The Parson Russell Terrier is a cheerful, merry, devoted, and loving dog. Spirited and obedient, yet absolutely fearless. Careful and amusing, he enjoys games and playing with toys. Stable Parson's are friendly and generally kind to children. They are intelligent, and if you let them take an inch, they can become willful and determined to take a mile. It is paramount that you are this dogs pack leader. He needs to be given rules to follow, and limitations as to what he is and is not allowed to do. Do not let this little dog fall into Small Dog Syndrome, where he believes he is pack leader to all humans. This is where varying degrees of behavior problems will arise, including, but not limited to guarding, snapping, separation anxiety, and obsessive barking. They are highly trainable, able to perform impressive tricks.

From The Jack Russell site:

Jack Russells do not know they are little dogs, and they do not like dogs of other breeds. Do not be surprised if your Jack Russell picks fights with the neighborhood dogs, no matter how big they are. Jack Russells also tend to be quite protective of their owners, or even one particular member of a family. This makes them good watchdogs, but makes it difficult to introduce a new person into the family. Part of the reason that Jack Russells are so well loved is for their intelligence. Couple this with a stubborn streak, and many Jack Russell owners find that instead of training their dog, their dog is training them! Jack Russell Terriers will need owners that match their level of smarts, as well as stubbornness, if they are going to be trained.
Odie

Tell me about your pets

Post by Odie »

oscar;1366239 wrote: Your family thinking you are stupid. Some folks are just plain cruel.

they are cruel and have no rights in owning pets..............Wayne has the sweetest part Jack=Russel terror,she is kept in in a small dog carrier......not a crate for over 14 hours a day from 6 in the morning........and he gets home from work at 1 pm.....he's to damn lazy to take her out of her carrier,,,,,,,,,,,,,

plus when she started doing her pees/poos on his grass.....they hit her.......so now he has to walk her to the park and he has to take her once a day only now.

if he wasn't my neighbor I would have called animals in distress by now.

wondering, as he will know I told on him as

they will know it was me who phoned.........and I hate to loose someone who helps me to leave....as I am the only one he has told.
buttercup

Tell me about your pets

Post by buttercup »

Thanks for that Oscar, we have a Jack down the street called Maisie, my lot dont know what to make of her at all, she's like a Tasmanian devil on the end of a leash lol
Oscar Namechange

Tell me about your pets

Many people make the mistake of thinking the Jack Russell Is a lap dog due to their size. They are not and need a huge amount of exercise. They can become very destructive In the home If that energy Is not worked off and that's why some people put them In a cage, to stop them destroying the house but If exercised, they have no need to do this.

So many Jacks end up In rescue because they think they are buying a lap dog and have no Idea of the mental stimulation they need every day.
Oscar Namechange

Tell me about your pets

buttercup;1366254 wrote: Thanks for that Oscar, we have a Jack down the street called Maisie, my lot dont know what to make of her at all, she's like a Tasmanian devil on the end of a leash lol They also suffer with OCD If not mentally stimulated. Obsessive barking, pacing, digging etc If not mentally stimulated. Mine still think the command to 'Get Down' Is a line from Brown Sugar.
buttercup

Tell me about your pets

Post by buttercup »

I will get some lap dogs when i retire and the big guys pass but am making a mental note not to get Jack's now lol
Odie

Tell me about your pets

Post by Odie »

Odie;1366252 wrote: they are cruel and have no rights in owning pets..............Wayne has the sweetest part Jack=Russel terror,she is kept in in a small dog carrier......not a crate for over 14 hours a day from 6 in the morning........and he gets home from work at 1 pm.....he's to damn lazy to take her out of her carrier,,,,,,,,,,,,,

plus when she started doing her pees/poos on his grass.....they hit her.......so now he has to walk her to the park and he has to take her once a day only now.

if he wasn't my neighbor I would have called animals in distress by now.

wondering, as he will know I told on him as

they will know it was me who phoned.........and I hate to loose someone who helps me to leave....as I am the only one he has told.

bumped for oscar to read

going to bed as its afer 4am...........ttyt

butterfly, you can tell how much your dogs love you, as it shows in their bright happy eyes and thick lucious fur.
Oscar Namechange

Tell me about your pets

buttercup;1366257 wrote: I will get some lap dogs when i retire and the big guys pass but am making a mental note not to get Jack's now lol TBH, BC, I am never having another terrier. I'm going back to the big fella's after this rabble of hooligans.
Kathy Ellen

Tell me about your pets

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Don't have any Julie...

Had a gorgeous cat named Shamus Foxy, but he died...

Had a beautiful parakeet named Turkey, but he died...

Don't do well with pets, do I...lol
Oscar Namechange

Tell me about your pets

Kathy Ellen;1366382 wrote: Don't have any Julie...

Had a gorgeous cat named Shamus Foxy, but he died...

Had a beautiful parakeet named Turkey, but he died...

Don't do well with pets, do I...lol

Awww Kathy,

You reminded me, My ex husband and I had had an African Grey Parrot called Rosie. She was able to mimic anything. I would get up In the night to let the cats In only to realise they were already In. Or I would jump out of the bath for the phone only to find It wasn't ringing. She learnt to say 'Got any chips' and 'Bollocks'. When we split, he got the parrot and I got the cats. I'd love another though.
chonsigirl

Tell me about your pets

Post by chonsigirl »

A siamese kitty named Won Ton.

My lovebird is still alive, he is very old now, must be 14 or 15. But he still chirps every day and is happy to be here.

Baby and Hamilton are the bunnies. Still a happy household of critters.
Oscar Namechange

Tell me about your pets

I experience a rather surreal conversation with my elderly grumpy neighbour today.

He caught me leaving the house and said In his very best Bristolian:

Eeeerr I want a word with you about your Foxes.

Oh I am sorry Arthur, have they been burying eggs In Janet's geranium beds or hiding sausages In your potatoe's again?

No, worse than that. I bought a hedgehog hide for my hedgehogs to hibernate In you know.

Yes, that tends to be the usual reason for buying a hedgehog hide.... and ?

Went In there yesterday to put some food In for my hedgehogs and found two of your Foxes curled up In there fast asleep. Frightened the bloody life out of me they did.

How do you know they were my Foxes?

Because one of them was that skinny thing that sits In your garden.

Ah yes, they are mine then.

Have a word with them will you?

OK Arthur, I'll do my best.
Bryn Mawr

Tell me about your pets

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Odie - waves

Fake Wolves! They look real enought to me :-)

Glad to see they're still doing well :-6
Bryn Mawr

Tell me about your pets

Post by Bryn Mawr »

No more - we've buried too many already.

This week and next we've borrowed middle daughter's Tibetan Terrier (we borrowed her two boys last weekend) and he's lovely - great temperament and so well behaved for a young one it's untrue but it will still be good to give him back.

When we lost our last one, a bichon, we said no more and we both agree that it was the right decision.
Oscar Namechange

Tell me about your pets

Bryn Mawr;1366559 wrote: No more - we've buried too many already.

This week and next we've borrowed middle daughter's Tibetan Terrier (we borrowed her two boys last weekend) and he's lovely - great temperament and so well behaved for a young one it's untrue but it will still be good to give him back.

When we lost our last one, a bichon, we said no more and we both agree that it was the right decision. Losing them Is the hardest part Bryn.
Snooz

Tell me about your pets

Post by Snooz »

My handsome little man Bernie.

Attached files
Oscar Namechange

Tell me about your pets

SnoozeAgain;1366583 wrote: My handsome little man Bernie. He looks like trouble. Love cats,
buttercup

Tell me about your pets

Post by buttercup »

Bryn Mawr;1366554 wrote: Fake Wolves! They look real enought to me :-)

Thank you so much Bryn for the lovely compliment, i've some way to go before i have the exact look i want but feel i'm heading in the right direction.

Ava carries the blue eye gene from the high percentage Husky mix in her background and so i'm always going to get the odd blue eyed pup and of course Wolves dont have blue eyes but strangely enough when people enquire about a pup they always want / ask if i have any with blue eyes, most odd.
Oscar Namechange

Tell me about your pets

buttercup;1366638 wrote: Thank you so much Bryn for the lovely compliment, i've some way to go before i have the exact look i want but feel i'm heading in the right direction.

Ava carries the blue eye gene from the high percentage Husky mix in her background and so i'm always going to get the odd blue eyed pup and of course Wolves dont have blue eyes but strangely enough when people enquire about a pup they always want / ask if i have any with blue eyes, most odd. As you have more than one as I do. Do yours have a pecking order? Who's the leader of the pack?
buttercup

Tell me about your pets

Post by buttercup »

Oh yes, once you go over two dogs everything changes dramatically. Our pack is just like most human family's Mum is in charge, just one look from her is enough for everybody to know their place. Dad is happy go lucky and mostly the peace keeper, a bit hen pecked, watches the perimeter and alerts of any danger, has a facination for remote controls like most Dad's but he prefers to chew them.
Oscar Namechange

Tell me about your pets

buttercup;1366776 wrote: Oh yes, once you go over two dogs everything changes dramatically. Our pack is just like most human family's Mum is in charge, just one look from her is enough for everybody to know their place. Dad is happy go lucky and mostly the peace keeper, a bit hen pecked, watches the perimeter and alerts of any danger, has a facination for remote controls like most Dad's but he prefers to chew them. I find It Interesting that you have the female as pack leader but then she Is their Mum.

I am afraid In our house the pecking order Is something we must observe at all times just for a quiet life.

The male, Mulder has always been the most disagreeable of little fella's and although we never pander to him due to his typical breed trait of give them an Inch and they will take a mile, we do follow certain practices to keep the peace.

He Is extremely jealous and territorial so when we come home, we do not fuss the two girls before him. With feeding, his bowl goes down first. Every time they go out, his lead goes on first. Titbits go to him first. He Is the only one Peter will allow on the sofa next to him etc etc. It just keeps the peace In the house but Mulder does know above all else that we are his pack leaders first and foremost.

He Is not at all aggressive with the other two but he does get very grumpy with them both and growls a lot. He has the ability to just give the puppy a withering side look and she will slink away and leave him In peace.

Return to “General Chit Chat”