new rules for welfare

General humor & jokes. Share funny photos and jokes. Must be "R" rated or below.
Odie

new rules for welfare

Post by Odie »

The Government has announced they intend to make it more difficult to claim Welfare.

Starting next Monday the forms will be printed in English only.

Life is just to short for drama.
fuzzywuzzy

new rules for welfare

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

If it's in 'Government english' you still won't be able to understand them .
spot

new rules for welfare

Post by spot »

It appears Odie was attempting to make a joke in poor taste at the expense of third-world asylum seekers, fuzz. Third-world asylum seekers, in contrast, are too polite to make jokes in poor taste at the expense of Odie.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Odie

new rules for welfare

Post by Odie »

spot;1363936 wrote: It appears Odie was attempting to make a joke in poor taste at the expense of third-world asylum seekers, fuzz. Third-world asylum seekers, in contrast, are too polite to make jokes in poor taste at the expense of Odie.

yup spot it was just a joke and had nothing to do with third world country's.

you just don't understand a good joke when you see them,funny how all of my friends laughed and laughed and said, if only it were true.

remove the damn thread for all care.

perhaps now you know why I don't post jokes or threads anymore:rolleyes:

and others feel the same way.
spot

new rules for welfare

Post by spot »

Odie;1363957 wrote: yup spot it was just a joke and had nothing to do with third world country's.

I think it did, actually.

Asylum seekers only rarely arrive in Canada from anywhere but the third world, they're the ones who don't speak English but potentially qualify for access to the Canadian welfare system.

Visitors don't - visitors even sign forms saying they'll not apply for any form of welfare while in Canada, I know that because I signed such a declaration when I entered the country. Visitors who outstay their visas are in Canada illegally and I would be astonished to see any respectable source saying they had a claim on the welfare system.

Ordinary immigrants, of course, have to satisfy an assortment of entry conditions relating to employment, educational achievement and economic worth.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Odie

new rules for welfare

Post by Odie »

spot;1363975 wrote: I think it did, actually.

Asylum seekers only rarely arrive in Canada from anywhere but the third world, they're the ones who don't speak English but potentially qualify for access to the Canadian welfare system.

Visitors don't - visitors even sign forms saying they'll not apply for any form of welfare while in Canada, I know that because I signed such a declaration when I entered the country. Visitors who outstay their visas are in Canada illegally and I would be astonished to see any respectable source saying they had a claim on the welfare system.

Ordinary immigrants, of course, have to satisfy an assortment of entry conditions relating to employment, educational achievement and economic worth.

did the joke say it was for Canada?

huh! I never read that.
Richard Bell

new rules for welfare

Post by Richard Bell »

Odie;1363920 wrote: The Government has announced they intend to make it more difficult to claim Welfare.

Starting next Monday the forms will be printed in English only.

I think even the most strident xenophobe would not find this funny, due to it's total lack of wit.

It's just really bad, on any level.
Odie

new rules for welfare

Post by Odie »

Richard Bell;1364042 wrote: I think even the most strident xenophobe would not find this funny, due to it's total lack of wit.

It's just really bad, on any level.

Since you also live in Canada, do you have any idea how many come here and stay on welfare, sit home all day, don't look for jobs, do drugs and drink beer while us taxpayers pay their wages?

I'm not saying they all do that.
spot

new rules for welfare

Post by spot »

You forgot to ask what proportion of those speak no English, Odie. Don't forget it's a bigoted anti-wog joke, not just anti-immigrant.
Ahso!

new rules for welfare

Post by Ahso! »

Odie;1364049 wrote: Since you also live in Canada, do you have any idea how many come here and stay on welfare, sit home all day, don't look for jobs, do drugs and drink beer while us taxpayers pay their wages?

I'm not saying they all do that.Okay, tell us exactly how many it is then so we can all be outraged properly. Don't forget to limit the qualifications to those who: 1) sit at home all day; 2) don't look for jobs; 3) do drugs and drink beer (only beer).

I wonder how many people spend much of their time sitting around thinking about, apparently spying on and talking about others over the internet rather than work. There is at least one person in Canada doing that.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Odie

new rules for welfare

Post by Odie »

Ahso!;1364060 wrote: Okay, tell us exactly how many it is then so we can all be outraged properly. Don't forget to limit the qualifications to those who: 1) sit at home all day; 2) don't look for jobs; 3) do drugs and drink beer (only beer).

I wonder how many people spend much of their time sitting around thinking about, apparently spying on and talking about others over the internet rather than work. There is at least one person in Canada doing that.

What a stupid ridiculous question. How can I possibly know ones who stays home and drink beer all day when the government doesn't even know?

Ones who need it who are low incomes, disability, etc......yes, they deserve it.

and who am I talking to over the internet and spying on ones rather than work?

I'm retired not that's its any of your concern.:rolleyes:

I know myself who is abusing the system, but I am not bringing names into this, others also know who's doing it and so on.

You don't live in a city of 2.5 million people, so don't condemn me when you have no idea what goes on.
flopstock

new rules for welfare

Post by flopstock »

Sometimes you walk into a room full of jackasses and your best course of action is to simply wave and leave the room.......

:yh_wave
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Ahso!

new rules for welfare

Post by Ahso! »

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Odie

new rules for welfare

Post by Odie »

flopstock;1364073 wrote: Sometimes you walk into a room full of jackasses and your best course of action is to simply wave and leave the room.......

:yh_wave

who are you referring to me, or Ahso as you never quoted anyone?
Ahso!

new rules for welfare

Post by Ahso! »

Odie;1364072 wrote: What a stupid ridiculous question. How can I possibly know ones who stays home and drink beer all day when the government doesn't even know?

Ones who need it who are low incomes, disability, etc......yes, they deserve it.

and who am I talking to over the internet and spying on ones rather than work?

I'm retired not that's its any of your concern.:rolleyes:

I know myself who is abusing the system, but I am not bringing names into this, others also know who's doing it and so on.

You don't live in a city of 2.5 million people, so don't condemn me when you have no idea what goes on.My point is you may want to take some time before responding, Odie, because when we respond too quickly while emotional we speak in extremes. I was reflecting back to you what you wrote.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

new rules for welfare

Post by Ahso! »

Odie;1364076 wrote: who are you referring to me, or Ahso as you never quoted anyone?She said the room was full of jackasses so I take it she meant everyone in the thread.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Odie

new rules for welfare

Post by Odie »

Ahso!;1364077 wrote: My point is you may want to take some time before responding, Odie, because when we respond too quickly while emotional we speak in extremes. I was reflecting back to you what you wrote.

I saw it quite a bit earlier before I responded and I'm far from emotional as it is the truth.
theia

new rules for welfare

Post by theia »

I feel uncomfortable about this thread. Whilst we may not approve of the content of the opening post, why can't we just ignore it instead of swooping in on the poster? I'm sure we are all capable of ill-informed humour.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Bruv

new rules for welfare

Post by Bruv »

theia;1364085 wrote: I feel uncomfortable about this thread. Whilst we may not approve of the content of the opening post, why can't we just ignore it instead of swooping in on the poster? I'm sure we are all capable of ill-informed humour.

Most humour is ill informed.........

It is a joke, a throw away line, one that shocks or stimulates thought.

Here is another to tear into, to over analyse.

"My dog has no nose"

"How does he smell ?"

"He doesn't"

"Doesn't smell ?"

"Due to badly managed genetic inbreeding to attain a docile breed for the pleasure of town dwelling human beings, most of his natural canine qualities have been altered to such an extent, he even has problems breathing and slavers most of the time to compensate, not to mention deforming changes to his bone structure, ears, eyes and barking ability"

"He is cute though"

"Yes but he does chuck up don't he ?"
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Odie

new rules for welfare

Post by Odie »

Bruv;1364088 wrote: Most humour is ill informed.........

It is a joke, a throw away line, one that shocks or stimulates thought.

your right, humour is exactly that.

thank you.

Return to “Just For The Fun Of It”