Good Morning from Portland, Oregon

New member introductions. Tell us a little about yourself. Then, click on "Blogs" above and start your own personal blog!
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

Good morning all! My name is Bob and I'm brand new to this forum. I live is one of the prettiest states of the union, Oregon. I'm recently retired although that officially doesn't begin for about 3 weeks. I'm a laid off electronic technician from Intel Corp who decided to shut down an obsolete Fab in Hillsboro, OR last June 26. I was one of 146 workers left when they turned out the lights. Rather than try to find a decent job at 61 years old I decided to hang it up and try for early retirement. It's been 11 months now and I haven't regretted my decision. As the old saying goes "I don't know where I ever found time to work". I'm not shy so I hope I get a chance to speak with a lot of you. Warning! I'm a fanatical photographer so expect lots of pictures. :)
Odie

Post by Odie »

bobmielke;1360949 wrote: Good morning all! My name is Bob and I'm brand new to this forum. I live is one of the prettiest states of the union, Oregon. I'm recently retired although that officially doesn't begin for about 3 weeks. I'm a laid off electronic technician from Intel Corp who decided to shut down an obsolete Fab in Hillsboro, OR last June 26. I was one of 146 workers left when they turned out the lights. Rather than try to find a decent job at 61 years old I decided to hang it up and try for early retirement. It's been 11 months now and I haven't regretted my decision. As the old saying goes "I don't know where I ever found time to work". I'm not shy so I hope I get a chance to speak with a lot of you. Warning! I'm a fanatical photographer so expect lots of pictures. :)

welcome bobmielke!

Intel is an extremely large corporation and I'm sorry you got laid off, but at least your 61 now so you can enjoy life and not have to worry about finding another job.

I love photography and take quite a few pics of my garden, they would never be like yours as it sounds like your a professional and I would love to see yours!

again, Welcome from Canada! and no Toronto does not have igloos:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Lon

Post by Lon »

bobmielke;1360949 wrote: Good morning all! My name is Bob and I'm brand new to this forum. I live is one of the prettiest states of the union, Oregon. I'm recently retired although that officially doesn't begin for about 3 weeks. I'm a laid off electronic technician from Intel Corp who decided to shut down an obsolete Fab in Hillsboro, OR last June 26. I was one of 146 workers left when they turned out the lights. Rather than try to find a decent job at 61 years old I decided to hang it up and try for early retirement. It's been 11 months now and I haven't regretted my decision. As the old saying goes "I don't know where I ever found time to work". I'm not shy so I hope I get a chance to speak with a lot of you. Warning! I'm a fanatical photographer so expect lots of pictures. :)

Good on ya Bob and welcome---we need more retiree input to this fun Forum
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Hi there Bob!
Odie

Post by Odie »

bump
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

Hi bob!! Don't feel bad I lost my job awhile back (mainly due to incompetent management) and I couldn't retire!!! No biggie though, I kind of like my life now as you do. I guess you have a camera and a lot of time on your hands? Have fun.
bobmielke

Post by bobmielke »

I've been a photographer for 42 years. I set myself up for this retirement by buying new camera gear, new computers and iPad, a new Piaggio BV250 Scooter & a new SmartFor Two Pure Car. I'm fat & happy!
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Hi. Im Nomad. Awesome Nomad. Ask anyone. Im glad you dont have to be a Wal Mart greeter to make ends meet until you die.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

Post by Odie »

Nomad;1361271 wrote: Hi. Im Nomad. Awesome Nomad. Ask anyone. Im glad you dont have to be a Wal Mart greeter to make ends meet until you die.

you never fail to make me laugh!:yh_rotfl

Return to “Introductions”