Pulled Pork

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
koan

Pulled Pork

Post by koan »

Just having this for the first time.

My kid made me promise to go to a place called "Pig BBQ Joint" and buy the pulled pork poutine. It's not something that would ever occur to me to do unless told.

As the name suggests, it is a manly restaurant. Every thing about each single word in their name describes the atmosphere and attitude of the place... with a little, tasteful modern deco. Pig. BBQ. Joint. Going to this place on a date would be the culinary equivalent of being a chick who loves hockey.

Anyway... I got take out and it smelled so damn good I almost stopped halfway home to eat some. Quite delicious though not the healthiest choice of dinners.
CARLA

Pulled Pork

Post by CARLA »

"Phils BBQ" best pulled pork in San Diego lines wrapped around the building every day. :)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Nomad

Pulled Pork

Post by Nomad »

QUOTE=koan;1360438Just having this for the first time.
Very sad.

Going to this place on a date would be the culinary equivalent of being a chick who loves hockey.

What is up with those girls? Theyre a very different breed and I dont understand them.

Quite delicious though not the healthiest choice of dinners.

Regarding pulled pork lets just leave healthy out of it.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Bruv

Pulled Pork

Post by Bruv »

The term 'Pulled pork' conjures up un-culinary images this side of the Atlantic

So....what is pulled pork stateside ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
koan

Pulled Pork

Post by koan »

I originally pictured it as being pulled apart in the raw stage... which is why I wouldn't have thought to try it.

As it turns out, it's slow cooked on a barbeque to a tenderness that allows the meat to be pulled into stringy clumps saturated in flavour and, most likely, fat.
Accountable

Pulled Pork

Post by Accountable »

Bruv;1360461 wrote: The term 'Pulled pork' conjures up un-culinary images this side of the Atlantic

So....what is pulled pork stateside ?

Pork cooked or smoked very slowly so that the meat is so tender it is pulled apart rather than cut. :yh_drool
spot

Pulled Pork

Post by spot »

We English are an uncouth breed, obviously.

The "unhealthy" aspect escapes me, it sounds (with, perhaps, a helping of mashed potatoes and a pea or two) just what the doctor would recommend.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
flopstock

Pulled Pork

Post by flopstock »

It's good food.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Mustang

Pulled Pork

Post by Mustang »

Pulled pork sandwiches are the best when topped with a scoop of homemade coleslaw.
Odie

Pulled Pork

Post by Odie »

Mustang;1360486 wrote: Pulled pork sandwiches are the best when topped with a scoop of homemade coleslaw.

hello my long lost friend!

I've never even heard of pulled pork, but it sounds good on rye bread.
Life is just to short for drama.
along-for-the-ride

Pulled Pork

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Just had some pulled pork yesterday, as a matter of fact, with Hubby at Ryans restaurant. Delicious with mashed potatoes, corn, and cole slaw.

Talk about restaurant ambience. Ryans is one of those all you can eat buffet places. One plate does it for us. They play oldies in the background, but you can also hear the chatter of the other patrons and waitresses and dishes and silverware clicking. A family place to get "a good feed".
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Odie

Pulled Pork

Post by Odie »

along-for-the-ride;1360531 wrote: Just had some pulled pork yesterday, as a matter of fact, with Hubby at Ryans restaurant. Delicious with mashed potatoes, corn, and cole slaw.

Talk about restaurant ambivience. Ryans is one of those all you can eat buffet places. One plate does it for us. They play oldies in the background, but you can also hear the chatter of the other patrons and waitresses and dishes and silverware clicking. A family place to get "a good feed".

It does sound delicious AFTR, what a shame we don't have Ryans here, buffets are the best and I would love the ambiance!
Life is just to short for drama.
LarsMac

Pulled Pork

Post by LarsMac »

Pulled pork is a staple where I come from. Though we call it barbeque.

The social event is what's called a Pig Pickin'

Someone sets a whole hog on a spit over hot coals, and turns it slowly for hours, basting it regularly in a nice spicy vinegar sauce.

When the hog is done, it's laid out on the table along with all the fixin's and everybody pulls off some meat, fills their plate and chows down.

Quite the feast, it is.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “General Chit Chat”