Catholic Horses

General humor & jokes. Share funny photos and jokes. Must be "R" rated or below.
binbag

Catholic Horses

Post by binbag »

One day while he was at the track betting on the horses and all but losing the shirt off his back, Sam noticed a priest who stepped out onto the track and blessed the forehead of one of the horses lining up for the 4th race.

Lo and behold, that horse - a very long shot - won the race.

Before the next race, as the horses began lining up, Sam watched with interest as the old priest stepped onto the track. Sure enough, as the 5th race horses came to the starting gate the priest made a blessing on the forehead of one of the horses.

Sam made a beeline for a betting window and placed a small bet on the horse. Again, even though it was another long shot, the horse the priest had blessed won the race.

Sam collected his winnings, and anxiously waited to see which horse the priest would bless for the 6th race The priest again blessed a horse.

Sam placed a big on it, and it won. He was was elated.. As the races continued the priest kept blessing long shot horses, and each one ended up coming in first.

By and by, Sam was pulling in some serious money. By the last race, he knew his wildest dreams were going to come true. He made a quick dash to the ATM, withdrew all his savings, and awaited the priest's blessing that would tell him which horse to bet on.

True to his pattern, the priest stepped onto the track for the last race and blessed the forehead of an old nag that was the longest shot of the day.

Sam also observed the priest blessing the eyes, ears, and hooves of the old nag. He knew he had a winner and bet every penny he owned on the old nag.

He then watched dumbfounded as the old nag come in dead last. Sam, in a state of shock, made his way down to the track area where the priest was.

Confronting the old priest he demanded, 'Father! What happened?

All day long you blessed horses and they all won. Then in the last race, the horse you blessed lost by a mile. Now, thanks to you I've lost every penny of my savings -- all of it!'.

The priest nodded wisely and with sympathy.

'Son,' he said, 'that's the problem with you Protestants, you can't tell the difference between a simple blessing and last rites.'
[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]
koan

Catholic Horses

Post by koan »

Aside from betting your last dollar on a priest who hangs out at a race track. :p
binbag

Catholic Horses

Post by binbag »

koan;1352054 wrote: Aside from betting your last dollar on a priest who hangs out at a race track. :pHee Hee.

Now use those great skills of yours koan and put your money on one of these.....

Am I a CAFFLIC or a PRODDY ?

Who's most likely to post in such an ourageous joke :sneaky: ... :wah:

[/FONT]
koan

Catholic Horses

Post by koan »

I'd guess you're a Protestant as you're far too kind to insult another religion in such a callous manner.
binbag

Catholic Horses

Post by binbag »

koan;1352133 wrote: I'd guess you're a Protestant I'd an idea you'd guess correctly :yh_worshp

Yes, I'm a Proddy dog, koan. :D

[/FONT]
koan

Catholic Horses

Post by koan »

binbag;1352135 wrote: I'd an idea you'd guess correctly
Thank you. Thank you very much.

Attached files

Return to “Just For The Fun Of It”