Help Please!

Jazzy

Help Please!

Post by Jazzy »

My computer is running Windows XP. This morning when I logged on I got this message: The main .idx for AOL database file is damaged. Please insert AOL disc for recovery. I was running AOL 9.1.

I received an new upgrade disc for AOL 9.5. I installed this and everything seemed okay at first. NOW everytime I try to post I get this message: A runtime error has occured. Do you wish to debug? Each message has a different error line number in it.

Can anyone help me find out why this is happening? Needless to say, it's driving me nuts!

Thank you in advance!
Kathy Ellen

Help Please!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Sorry Jazzy...wish I could help:(

Carla may know how to fix the issue. Why don't you pm her:-6

Good luck !!
LarsMac

Help Please!

Post by LarsMac »

What anti-virus are you using?

and have you installed the lated Windoze updates?
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Jazzy

Help Please!

Post by Jazzy »

I am running Avast as my antivirus software. All Windows updates have been installed.
Jazzy

Help Please!

Post by Jazzy »

Kathy Ellen;1334801 wrote: Sorry Jazzy...wish I could help:(

Carla may know how to fix the issue. Why don't you pm her:-6

Good luck !!

Thank you and I hate to bother Carla but I might just do exactly that. Thanks again!
spot

Help Please!

Post by spot »

Here, AOL has various suggestions which all lead to the same result of stopping the message from recurring.

http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/sea ... dios=False
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
CARLA

Help Please!

Post by CARLA »

Spot has pointed you in the right direction it is a setting in your browser for script debugging just turn off debugging by checking the boxes as show in the example problem should be solved. If your running IE6, or IE7 it may be in a different area just look for the "script debugging disable".
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Jazzy

Help Please!

Post by Jazzy »

Just wanted to thank Spot and Carla. You guys are very kind to help me and so far, so good.

Thanks a million!

Return to “Computers Internet”