How strict are the moderators?

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
Tightwad

Post by Tightwad »

Please forgive this question but I'm leaving a forum that has a policy of the mods giving infractions for no stated reason, deleting post(s) out of the blue, and generally being hard to get along with and follow TOS and stay clean. Behavior is a two edge sword, you and the people that run the place. I'll take care of mine but............

I know that everyone stumbles now than then but from the FG TOS that I read ,and if that FG TOS is administered as written, most folks can get along fine. However, I've had infractions laid on me (there not here) for "being annoying" ,"didn't like" ,"yes" and such so I'd like to know the tempo here since this forum really does seem to be a really nice place so I'd like to stay.

Knowing the tempo will help me understand how much emotional investment to give a long term membership here since I spend a good deal of time on the net due to my

health condsiderations. Heck, I might even become a paying member if the mods play fair. (Note: by 'fair" I mean if you did it ,you own it, so stand the punishment not some willy nilly mod abusing their power. ) Please pardon me if you think I'm being the least bit rude but I enjoy discussion forums that are of quality and I really would to find a"home" where I can stay.

So since I've giving it my best shot does anyone care to comment?
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Ghee, I think the mods are pretty sweet. :)

Tightwad, the mods usually confer on any matters pertaining to infractions, except for spam (always a no no) so there is more than one voice heard. They follow the TOS like it is written.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

It's not a secret that certain views have been expressed recently about how the Moderators manage certain members and posts. It has been seen as heavy handed at times but in general, the usual offences, ie spam, trolling, flaming, plagiarism etc are dealt with as expected. You will be told of any infractions/time outs but they wont be made public. I would hope any good strong and vigorous debate is left to mature as it should do. We are adults, well most of us, and should be left to discuss the most controversial subjects appropriately

I hope you decide to stay and be part of the communiyt
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

so far as i'm concerned, don't troll, don't infringe on copyrights and we'll get along fine. could care less if you agree with my stand on anything and could care even less if I agree with yours.

we let nomad in.............

that pretty much says it all.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Tightwad

Post by Tightwad »

flopstock;1324048 wrote: so far as i'm concerned, don't troll, don't infringe on copyrights and we'll get along fine. could care less if you agree with my stand on anything and could care even less if I agree with yours.

we let nomad in.............

that pretty much says it all.

OK! pretty darn funny too!
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Tightwad;1324065 wrote: OK! pretty darn funny too!

Hey, TW, you sound like our kind of guy ! As the other two mods have said, if a member sticks to the TOS, then they won't go far wrong. I doubt very much that you would be infracted for just being 'annoying', but the essence is 'civility'.

You will notice that that is the first rule! Everybody is entitled to their opinion, and that is one ingredient of a good discussion on the board. No doubt you have discovered several thought provoking threads as well as some 'fluffy' chat ones. Please enjoy our lovely garden. Oh and by the way, moderators are members first, so you are almost bound to meet some of them on the threads - you have already met three of them, Chonsigirl, Flopstock and me ! :-6 :yh_wink
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

And this is exactly why I won't give any more money to this board. You can't have an infraction that says "never" and then give money over ...it's extortion. A mod one day has a hissy fit over what I say and I lose my money. ******* that for a game of soldiers.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Tightwad;1324041 wrote: Please forgive this question but I'm leaving a forum that has a policy of the mods giving infractions for no stated reason, deleting post(s) out of the blue, and generally being hard to get along with and follow TOS and stay clean. Behavior is a two edge sword, you and the people that run the place. I'll take care of mine but............

I know that everyone stumbles now than then but from the FG TOS that I read ,and if that FG TOS is administered as written, most folks can get along fine. However, I've had infractions laid on me (there not here) for "being annoying" ,"didn't like" ,"yes" and such so I'd like to know the tempo here since this forum really does seem to be a really nice place so I'd like to stay.

Knowing the tempo will help me understand how much emotional investment to give a long term membership here since I spend a good deal of time on the net due to my

health condsiderations. Heck, I might even become a paying member if the mods play fair. (Note: by 'fair" I mean if you did it ,you own it, so stand the punishment not some willy nilly mod abusing their power. ) Please pardon me if you think I'm being the least bit rude but I enjoy discussion forums that are of quality and I really would to find a"home" where I can stay.

So since I've giving it my best shot does anyone care to comment?
Every meadow has snakes and brambles. The trick is to enjoy it until you don't. :-6
spot

Post by spot »

Accountable;1324165 wrote: Every meadow has snakes and brambles.

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

This is what happened the last time a Teddy Bear pissed off a Mod.

spot

Post by spot »

YZGI;1324206 wrote: This is what happened the last time a Teddy Bear pissed off a Mod.Did you ask Kaz first before you posted her photo?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

spot;1324209 wrote: Did you ask Kaz first before you posted her photo?

Now whos being a Teddy Bear?
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

spot;1324209 wrote: Did you ask Kaz first before you posted her photo?

dont push it mister:yh_wait:yh_wait:lips:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
spot

Post by spot »

kazalala;1324218 wrote: dont push it mister:yh_wait:yh_wait:lips:

Sorry! - it was the muzzle that got me all excited.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

spot;1324230 wrote: Sorry! - it was the muzzle that got me all excited.

you know i would never be muzzled:sneaky:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
spot

Post by spot »

kazalala;1324232 wrote: you know i would never be muzzled:sneaky:

Where do we stand vis-à-vis the leather straps generally if I bring a bottle of wine?
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

spot;1324249 wrote: Where do we stand vis-à-vis the leather straps generally if I bring a bottle of wine?
Ok you win!!! I am totally freaked out now*grabs bottle of wine and runs*

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
spot

Post by spot »

Tightwad;1324041 wrote: I'd like to know the tempo here since this forum really does seem to be a really nice place so I'd like to stay.As Kaz and I just demonstrated, going off topic is an entirely uninfractable matter here though were I to now chase her round the site I'd expect to be nailed to the nearest tree. And quite right too.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

spot;1324259 wrote: As Kaz and I just demonstrated, going off topic is an entirely uninfractable matter here though were I to now chase her round the site I'd expect to be nailed to the nearest tree. And quite right too.

Yes ... but that dont mean the OP cant politely request we take (y)our weird fetishes elsewhere and keep the thread on topic please:)

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

G#Gill;1324068 wrote: Hey, TW, you sound like our kind of guy ! As the other two mods have said, if a member sticks to the TOS, then they won't go far wrong. I doubt very much that you would be infracted for just being 'annoying', but the essence is 'civility'.

You will notice that that is the first rule! Everybody is entitled to their opinion, and that is one ingredient of a good discussion on the board. No doubt you have discovered several thought provoking threads as well as some 'fluffy' chat ones. Please enjoy our lovely garden. Oh and by the way, moderators are members first, so you are almost bound to meet some of them on the threads - you have already met three of them, Chonsigirl, Flopstock and me ! :-6 :yh_wink

Gee, Chonsigirl's a mod? Way to go! You're in good company there, I'd say.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

spot;1324187 wrote:

what's that mean?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

flopstock;1324293 wrote: what's that mean?

That we're in *big* trouble -he's Perky enough already without anyone adding to it :-(
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

What does Perk mean in this instance? Is it like Lurks and Perks (as kin getting something for free because you're in the know?) Or Perky as in happy go lucky?
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

fuzzywuzzy;1324307 wrote: What does Perk mean in this instance? Is it like Lurks and Perks (as kin getting something for free because you're in the know?) Or Perky as in happy go lucky?

Perk up and pay attention
spot

Post by spot »

It indicates a sudden focussing of attention. Here's a use from the OED quoting The Guardian in 1996: "With vibrissae twinging, antennae perked, eyes fast-forwarding and fly-faceted, I took in everything around me". The angled brackets are from HTML notation, meaning to switch on: would mean to switch off.
Tightwad

Post by Tightwad »

Boy! It don't take much to get folk's here off topic and in La La land.
spot

Post by spot »

It's best you know how bad it gets[1] before you invest too much time and energy in the site, don't you think?

[1] though, to be serious for a moment, it does actually get a great deal worse than this. Speaking of which, "folks" doesn't take an apostrophe in that context.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

[1] though, to be serious for a moment, it does actually get a great deal worse than this. Speaking of which, "folks" doesn't take an apostrophe in that context.

oh no not again!!!!

SPELLING NAZI ALERT!!!!

SOUND THE SIRENS!!!!!

EVEYBODY TAKE COVER!!!!!

spot dear? you of all people ......surely not!!!
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

bryn mawr;1324309 wrote: perk up and pay attention

Sir , yes Sir!!!
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

spot;1324317 wrote: It indicates a sudden focussing of attention. Here's a use from the OED quoting The Guardian in 1996: "With vibrissae twinging, antennae perked, eyes fast-forwarding and fly-faceted, I took in everything around me". The angled brackets are from HTML notation, meaning to switch on: would mean to switch off.

Thank you for that riveting explanation spotty boy .......much appreciated.
spot

Post by spot »

fuzzywuzzy;1324354 wrote: Thank you for that riveting explanation spotty boy .......much appreciated.

Hey, the lad's getting an answer of sorts. In a roundabout sort of fashion. Don't knock it.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Fair 'nough :)

You know I love you really :)
Tightwad

Post by Tightwad »

spot;1324349 wrote: It's best you know how bad it gets[1] before you invest too much time and energy in the site, don't you think?

If you mean that members have to put up with nit picking then maybe it does get "bad" here.

And the beat goes on.............
spot

Post by spot »

Tightwad;1324377 wrote: If you mean that members have to put up with nit picking then maybe it does get "bad" here.There are more pedants to the square thread here than you'd find in the beer tent of an Annual Pedant Convention.
Tightwad

Post by Tightwad »

spot;1324384 wrote: There are more pedants to the square thread here than you'd find in the beer tent of an Annual Pedant Convention.

You speaka de english here or what?
spot

Post by spot »

Oh God... another American?

I'll tone it down, how's that.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Omg that just made me laugh ..........Spots on a role. I'm not even British, tightwad ,,,, and I got it .:wah::wah::wah: that was actually quite funny
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Tightwad;1324377 wrote: If you mean that members have to put up with nit picking then maybe it does get "bad" here.

And the beat goes on.............

OH I love that song ........looks like a visit to youtube again.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Tightwad;1324343 wrote: Boy! It don't take much to get folk's here off topic and in La La land.

Well la la is my second name;):D

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
guppy

Post by guppy »

lol..They arent too strict..they let me back in here...:wah:
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

guppy;1324466 wrote: lol..They arent too strict..they let me back in here...:wah:

hi guppy:)

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
guppy

Post by guppy »

Hi there Kaz...:-6
Peg

Post by Peg »

spot;1324386 wrote: Oh God... another American?

I'll tone it down, how's that.
:lips: :-5
spot

Post by spot »

Come on Peg, that's out of context. It was a comment on the use of English.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

guppy;1324466 wrote: lol..They arent too strict..they let me back in here...:wah:

How could it possibly be otherwise?

Welcome back :-6
Tightwad

Post by Tightwad »

i guess folks here are so koo koo that I'll fit right in with my PTSD!
guppy

Post by guppy »

Bryn Mawr;1324602 wrote: How could it possibly be otherwise?

Welcome back :-6

hey Bryn...:)
guppy

Post by guppy »

Tightwad;1324604 wrote: i guess folks here are so koo koo that I'll fit right in with my PTSD!

oooooooh, that will just make you interesting..:yh_bigsmi
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Tightwad;1324604 wrote: i guess folks here are so koo koo that I'll fit right in with my PTSD!

Everybody has a few letters. Some just have different letters.
fae

Post by fae »

fuzzywuzzy;1324107 wrote: And this is exactly why I won't give any more money to this board. You can't have an infraction that says "never" and then give money over ...it's extortion. A mod one day has a hissy fit over what I say and I lose my money. ******* that for a game of soldiers.
can I have a translation on the asterix's,, tried but can't figure it

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”