Looking back ..what part of life do you think is the best?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
guppy

Post by guppy »

I am watching my kids date..and go to college and try and figure out who they are gonna be..who they are gonna be with..etc..and think..god i am glad i am passsed that stage

I have friends who have little kids..and think thank jesus..better them than me..

i have friends with teenagers..the hormonal ride from hell..and sigh with relief..i survived that stage..

i really like where i am right now..middleage..great spouse..almost empty nest..i have slowed down..and enjoy it alot..i dont care what people think of me as much anymore..i am who i am..if you dont like it..your loss...this is really a good age..

so where are you in the walk of life and what part did you like the best????
Odie

Post by Odie »

guppy;1324570 wrote: I am watching my kids date..and go to college and try and figure out who they are gonna be..who they are gonna be with..etc..and think..god i am glad i am passsed that stage

I have friends who have little kids..and think thank jesus..better them than me..

i have friends with teenagers..the hormonal ride from hell..and sigh with relief..i survived that stage..

i really like where i am right now..middleage..great spouse..almost empty nest..i have slowed down..and enjoy it alot..i dont care what people think of me as much anymore..i am who i am..if you dont like it..your loss...this is really a good age..

It is nice when they grow up and you can slow down and just relax.:-6

I loved watching my two sons grow through the different stages of their lives, the teens weren't as bad as I thought.

I really love where I am now, divorced now for a year and loving my freedom.:guitarist

I have a boyfriend who is simply awesome and the good part is I see him just 3 or 4 times a week....plenty of time just for me.
Life is just to short for drama.
guppy

Post by guppy »

Odie;1324574 wrote: It is nice when they grow up and you can slow down and just relax.:-6

I loved watching my two sons grow through the different stages of their lives, the teens weren't as bad as I thought.

I really love where I am now, divorced now for a year and loving my freedom.:guitarist

I have a boyfriend who is simply awesome and the good part is I see him just 3 or 4 times a week....plenty of time just for me.

Good for you Odie..:-4
fae

Post by fae »

I love right where I am now, recently retired, enjoying my second, or even my first !!!, childhood,,,, free to do, go, be, whatever and having time to explore all aspects of life... Also loads of time for friends, family and especially my grandchildren,,,, :)
guppy

Post by guppy »

fae;1324584 wrote: I love right where I am now, recently retired, enjoying my second, or even my first !!!, childhood,,,, free to do, go, be, whatever and having time to explore all aspects of life... Also loads of time for friends, family and especially my grandchildren,,,, :)

awe..sounds good to me..
fae

Post by fae »

Ah guppy, I wonder if each phase/age in life brings it's own joys if we look for them.. ;)
guppy

Post by guppy »

fae;1324589 wrote: Ah guppy, I wonder if each phase/age in life brings it's own joys if we look for them.. ;)

probably..i remember when i was younger..i thought the world was mine..

i got a little older and realized it belongs to ...my kids..

now..its mine again.its mine again...
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

All of It.

My Father always told me as a kid that you should never be sitting In an Old Folks home one day thinking 'I wish I had done this, I wish I had done that'.

Now I do a job that I love getting to see the Countries finest race-horses run and getting Involved Politically, I get to meet some very Interesting faces. We have the comfort of a RAF pension now my husband Is retired and life Is good despite his Illness and I would not change a thing.

I am now also taking Photography tuition as I want to branch Into Professional Horse-Racing Photography. If I make money... IF... then I Intend to buy a Race-horse to be housed In my brothers stables.

My Father used to also tell us... There Is nothing you can not do If you put your mind to It.

I have no time for folk who sit at home whinging about the Government or the state of the country then do nothing for their communities.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I'm middle aged, but enjoyed when all the kids were home the best. Two are still here, in their early twenties, but will probably be gone in a year. I am one of those that is not looking forward to it, I liked when they were young and running in and out of the house.
fae

Post by fae »

chonsigirl;1324601 wrote: I'm middle aged, but enjoyed when all the kids were home the best. Two are still here, in their early twenties, but will probably be gone in a year. I am one of those that is not looking forward to it, I liked when they were young and running in and out of the house.

tis hard for a while because that is what your life has been about,,, truly. in time you will enjoy a new found freedom that opens up a whole new life...All your potential and desires,,, seems scary to begin with.... :-6
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

The selfish side of me says early to mid twenties - out in the world with a job that paid more than I spent (though less than I wanted to spend) so I no longer had to work every holiday to last the next term through and the freedom to go where I wanted when I wanted and a great crowd of mates to share it with.

The more mature side of me says now - the kids have left home and are building a life for themselves, I love watching the grandkids growing up, with a job that pays more than I spend (though less than I want to spend) and still with the health to do what I want.

A little less freedom nowadays maybe, certainly a smaller crowd I count as friends but more love and a sense of peace
Peg

Post by Peg »

guppy;1324570 wrote: I am watching my kids date..and go to college and try and figure out who they are gonna be..who they are gonna be with..etc..and think..god i am glad i am passsed that stage

Every day is a gift. So is every stage of life.
Lon

Post by Lon »

My teenage years up to age 19 were the least pleasant of my life. From then on until the present it's been one happy, rewarding and exciting life.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I don't htink I"ve reached the best part of my life yet .........Well at least I hope not. I'd like to think it's not all down hill from here.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Soon, I will have one of those "milestone" birthdays. So...I have been doing some reminiscing. Sometimes, my life to me thus far has been like chapters in a book. Pages of great sorrows and great joys, of routine days and personal truimphs, that seemed to have turned so fast.

I do enjoy my life now, I have a Hubby who loves me and I love back, a job I like, a cozy home, my own car, my books, my computer, music, etc. Although all my children are grown and gone to live their own lives now, I don't feel like I live in an empty nest. It's just more quiet and less hectic now. :wah:

Every day is indeed a gift. :)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

guppy;1324591 wrote: probably..i remember when i was younger..i thought the world was mine..

i got a little older and realized it belongs to ...my kids..

now..its mine again.its mine again...

You are so right there Guppy.

Now it belongs to me ,children & grandchildren.

But mostly it is still the husband, children & grandchildren.

Now it is my choice as to how much goes to me:sneaky:

Good to see you back here:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Well said Peg I agree some day are just wrapped an little different than others. :)

[QUOTE]Every day is a gift. So is every stage of life.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

My favorite part are those little serendipitous moments of peace joy and contentment in-between all of the struggling. Past present and future. They are enough. They make it all worth it.
I AM AWESOME MAN
woppy71

Post by woppy71 »

The best part of my life so far? The birth of my son, just under seven years ago :)
Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

The Wopster !
I AM AWESOME MAN
woppy71

Post by woppy71 »

Nomeski!!!
Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself
Odie

Post by Odie »

woppy71;1324734 wrote: The best part of my life so far? The birth of my son, just under seven years ago :)

welcome back again!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

That's the nicest one I've heard so far.:-6
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “General Chit Chat”