Doesn't often sparkle here these days, does it?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Zapata;1318028 wrote: : - 6 I would like to apologize, after reading this entire thread, for contributing to its derailment, if the intent of Bill Sikes was to simply wonder why FG wasn't "sparkling" and to lament said Sparkle's demise, (as has been indicated by some) and NOT a plea or encouragement for frolicking and merriment.

You great hairy twonk, if I may say that - which I'm almost certain I'm not allowed to, so I'll probably get a whatsit - do I care? The "deraILMEn" blasted "caps lock" has added immeasurably to the "sparkle" - in fact it's rally nice and cosy, a bit like In The Old Days. Well Done!

I don't mind a bit of frolicking and merriment, where permitted - or even if not - I encourage you to do it again. Go on, I dare you to, it'll be great! People might even join in!

Zapata;1318028 wrote: I would never have mentioned attempting to learn to play Tiptoe Through The Tulips on the vuvu, zuluphone, zapatata, zither or any other instrument for that matter, if I'd known it would have offended his original thoughts on Sparkle. : )

psst, AP, "make him a 'daycent' " what?

I do not believe that it is possible to play "TTTT" on a Vulvaphone, or whatever the infernal thing is called.

Daycent, in daycent, whell who am I to comment.

This is nonsense, isn't it. I think that the best way to do "Zapatatas" is in the microwave. Why isn't this thread in "The Kitchen"?
theia

Post by theia »

Bill Sikes;1318038 wrote: You great hairy twonk, if I may say that - which I'm almost certain I'm not allowed to, so I'll probably get a whatsit - do I care? The "deraILMEn" blasted "caps lock" has added immeasurably to the "sparkle" - in fact it's rally nice and cosy, a bit like In The Old Days. Well Done!

I don't mind a bit of frolicking and merriment, where permitted - or even if not - I encourage you to do it again. Go on, I dare you to, it'll be great! People might even join in!

I do not believe that it is possible to play "TTTT" on a Vulvaphone, or whatever the infernal thing is called.

This is nonsense, isn't it. I think that the best way to do "Zapatatas" is in the microwave. Why isn't this thread in "The Kitchen"?

I like that name, Bill and am going to start using it :)
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

AussiePam;1318009 wrote: On any instrument in the Garden you shall make beautiful music and even monkey magic but on the vuvuzela you shall not play. You shall NOT play on it.

The serpent was cunning and said: the vuvuzela is good and if you play on it you might win football matches and anyway you'll p&$$ a lot of people off and that will be fun. And so they played upon it and tiptoed through the tulips, drinking tea and sparkling merrily.

And they heard the voice of Tombstone walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and they had played upon the vuvuzela when they didn't ought to have played upon it. And their eyes were open and they knew they were naked ... and she, picking up a brown cardigan, draped it over herself and picking a bunch of tulips she gave them to the man that he might make himself daycent ...
Posts like this just BEG for reputation points ... or whatever we wish to call them here. :yh_clap
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

Bill Sikes;1318038 wrote: You great hairy twonk, if I may say that - which I'm almost certain I'm not allowed to, so I'll probably get a whatsit - do I care? The "deraILMEn" blasted "caps lock" has added immeasurably to the "sparkle" - in fact it's rally nice and cosy, a bit like In The Old Days. Well Done!

Humph! I had to look up "great hairy twonk" and I must say it sounds a bit on the questionable side of flattering:

Urban Dictionary says:

" Derogitary term, roughly equivalent to idiot. More insulting than berk, but less insulting that gimp. Thought to originate in the Victorian Era meaning a lower-class foreigner."

But since "they" misspelled 'derogatory' and used poor grammar, I'll let that part slide. I do, however, take issue with "lower-class foreigner." I am difinitely NOT "lower class"; low-class, maybe. And I am only a foreigner to those not in my immediate vicinity. And as for doing Zapa's tatas in the microwave, well, I'd just like to see you try that, Mister!
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

AussiePam;1318009 wrote: On any instrument in the Garden you shall make beautiful music and even monkey magic but on the vuvuzela you shall not play. You shall NOT play on it.

The serpent was cunning and said: the vuvuzela is good and if you play on it you might win football matches and anyway you'll p&$$ a lot of people off and that will be fun. And so they played upon it and tiptoed through the tulips, drinking tea and sparkling merrily.

And they heard the voice of Tombstone walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and they had played upon the vuvuzela when they didn't ought to have played upon it. And their eyes were open and they knew they were naked ... and she, picking up a brown cardigan, draped it over herself and picking a bunch of tulips she gave them to the man that he might make himself daycent ...

Oh Pam...You make me cry when you write like this:-4

AND...did the man cry and become daycent when he walked in our Forum Garden as you walked draped in the brown cardi?
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

theia;1318046 wrote: I like that name, Bill and am going to start using it :)

Well, Theia, technically, he did call me that name but since I love and admire you so much, I'll relinquish all claims to it. IF I can assume the name SPARKLE PLENTY!

http://www.scvi.net/ragedy/sparkleplenty.htm
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

[quote=Zapata;1318064]

" Derogitary term, roughly equivalent to idiot. More insulting than berk, but less insulting that gimp. Thought to originate in the Victorian Era meaning a lower-class foreigner."

quote]

I think thats the real point of distiction. If you come up short of gimp you should be ok.
I AM AWESOME MAN
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Zapata;1318094 wrote: Well, Theia, technically, he did call me that name but since I love and admire you so much, I'll relinquish all claims to it. IF I can assume the name SPARKLE PLENTY!

sparkle plenty

:)...

Attached files
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Zapata;1318064 wrote: Humph! I had to look up "great hairy twonk" and I must say it sounds a bit on the questionable side of flattering:

It could be, however it's used 'ere in general terms of camaraderie.

Zapata;1318064 wrote: Urban Dictionary says:

What a fantastic dictionary!!

Zapata;1318064 wrote: More insulting than berk

Gosh. Calling someone a berk is literally veru insulting indeed, however the significance has been commuted by time, I think.

Zapata;1318064 wrote: as for doing Zapa's tatas in the microwave, well, I'd just like to see you try that, Mister!

.... "With sauce on them!"
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Bill Sikes;1318133 wrote: It could be, however it's used 'ere in general terms of camaraderie.

What a fantastic dictionary!!

Gosh. Calling someone a berk is literally veru insulting indeed, however the significance has been commuted by time, I think.

Don't you think you are saucey enough, Bill ? :yh_rotfl
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Royd Fissure

Post by Royd Fissure »

Nomad;1318102 wrote: [quote=Zapata;1318064]

quote]

I think thats the real point of distiction. If you come up short of gimp you should be ok.

Dunno who wrote something was more insulting than berk, if you know the full phrase you'll understand what I'm trying to point out.
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

Hey! I've lost all my smiley face thingies! Anyway I am ROTFL!

Bill Sikes;1318133 wrote: It could be, however it's used 'ere in general terms of camaraderie. "

I see. So, sort of bon hominy-like? In that case, Muchas gracias, monsieur. Right back atcha!

"What a fantastic dictionary!!

Holland days or Bare-nase? :-6:-6:-6 (Oh, goody! My smilies came back.)
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

Royd Fissure;1318190 wrote: [QUOTE=Nomad;1318102]

Dunno who wrote something was more insulting than berk, if you know the full phrase you'll understand what I'm trying to point out.

This definition came from Urban Dictionary. I hadn't heard any of the terms so I Googled it. And yes there were other more lurid, vivid, gross definitions.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

My, how creative that forbidden thing can be.....................:wah:

9GAG - Breaking Balls Sonata for Vuvuzela

Attached files
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

:chonsigirl;1318278 wrote: My, how creative that forbidden thing can be.....................:wah:

:-6 I believe I could learn to play that on Zap's lepatata!
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

chonsigirl;1318278 wrote: My, how creative that forbidden thing can be.....................:wah:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:guitarist
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

mad hatter;1318285 wrote: probably because the fg mods have banned all those more vocal contributors
Such as you, I presume?

Welcome back. Who were you?
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Accountable;1318290 wrote: Such as you, I presume?

Welcome back. Who were you?

I am at this very moment running through a list of former members who are mad.

I've eliminated those who wear hats but....

I may still be some time
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Snowfire;1318297 wrote: I am at this very moment running through a list of former members who are mad.

I've eliminated those who wear hats but....

I may still be some time
:wah: Should we send up something to eat?
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

*chcecking her watch*

"And I'm not late for anything either, it's summer."

This little old white rabbit says to the hatter.

The forbidden thing is not anywhere nearby, is it?
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

mad hatter;1318303 wrote: :lips::lips::lips::lips::lips: but im sticking strictly to the rules

Well, well, well ! Hi 'M', Fancy seeing you here ! How the devil are you ? :yh_devil:yh_giggle
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Chonsi!!!!!!!!! ARGHHGHGGHG. At least you've cleared away the song that I couldn't get out of my head all yesterday: Born to be Weird!!!

Now my earworm du jour is going to be that all too catchy Breaking Balls Sonata. I do have one teensy weensy problem with it, though. If the single note sounded by is A# or Bb , a true musician v-player, oxymoronically or otherwise, would not be able to play a single note of the opus - without being painfully out of tune.

Mad Hatter - I hope I know you from a past life! And if you look anything like Johnny Depp, I may even start drinking tea. (Theia, I didn't really say that. A pre-coffee, dark wet wintry Sydney morning confuses the blonde psyche.)

Attached files
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

mad hatter;1318345 wrote: methinks weve met before do you know me ?

lets start a campaign to bring back the grumps

I know who you are and I saw what you did.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

mad hatter;1318363 wrote: what have i done wrong

What? No one ever replies when I do that. Uh...I have to go now.
I AM AWESOME MAN
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

AussiePam;1318338 wrote: Mad Hatter - I hope I know you from a past life! And if you look anything like Johnny Depp, I may even start drinking tea. (Theia, I didn't really say that. A pre-coffee, dark wet wintry Sydney morning confuses the blonde psyche.)

Not absinthe, Queen Pamela?
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Nomad;1318364 wrote: What? No one ever replies when I do that. Uh...I have to go now.

wet yourself again didn't you?:sneaky:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

lets start a campaign to bring back the grumps I second that and welcome back Andy.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

lets start a campaign to bring back the grumps

I thought this thread was doing a very good job at that any way ! Still, OK then where do we start. I'm darn sure we've met before, by the way, but only on here !

Although you aren't that far away from me in RL. ;)
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

mad hatter;1318380 wrote: ha ha ha sussed!!!!

:wah:Welcome back Andy...Good to see you:-6
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Andy? Who's Andy?
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

PantoAndy (the AA Grumpy column), hails from near me in Nottinghamshire, UK ! He's a trier, I'll give him that! He was banned some time ago for TOS infringements, and tried different site names to try to come back. He is trying again, very trying :rolleyes:
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I think we should let banned members back into FG again. Let them start anew:-6

I'm not talking about spammers or advertisers....:p
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Oh okay, I recognize the name. Nice to see you again Andy. :-6
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

The system doesn't re-size pics like before?

Why are we having this upgrade? Does it include a better system of independent moderation?

AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Is there anyone here? This is a test to see whether the thread appears in the New Posts list.

theia

Post by theia »

I'm here, Pammie
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I was just testing, Theia! I don't know what all this new stuff is about. It's all very well to change the outside of stuff. What we need is a change on the inside. Still, early days.

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Ah, we are here-so of course the forum sparkles today. :rolleyes:
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

AussiePam;1318418 wrote: The system doesn't re-size pics like before?

Why are we having this upgrade? Does it include a better system of independent moderation?

The new paint job is nice enough but what about the premise of this thread ? Is that going to be addressed or not ? Not by the looks of it

Oh and by the Way Pammie, those arent vuvuzelas they're golf tees
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

He saw that the wickedness of posters was great upon the Forum, and that there was loads of moaning, whining, bickering, thread hijacking, disrespect, unseemly cavortings, people asking difficult questions about moderation - and yea even the loud trumpetings of the forbidden instrument.

His ears hurt and his heart grieved. I will rid myself of this troublesome bunch of wankers, He quoth. I will smite the lot of them. I will turn their pleasant avocado and custard coloured land a wet and watery blue. I will confuse even those who weren't already confused before they got here in the first place. They will seek threads they liked, but they shall not find them. Verily, the threads they seek they shall in no way find. They will thirst, but neither tea nor coffee shall be given unto them, and from them that hath a brown cardie, even that shall be taken away. And so it was ...

------------------------------------------------------

Ed:

For exit visas, siteplan maps, fresh juice, cocktails, popcorn, forbidden beverages, musical contraband, knitwear, ark plans, waterwings, olive branches (with complimentary dove) - contact Big Louis 'da Fish', cl- AussiePam. Cash only.

Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

chuckle. Certainly feels that way atm. I'm told this is a work in progress, not finished yet, and it was implied we'd be back to rhubarb and custard when all was done...
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Kathy Ellen;1318407 wrote: I think we should let banned members back into FG again. Let them start anew:-6

I'm not talking about spammers or advertisers....:p

And what about those banned for repeated and knowing copy right infringement and plagerism KE? Eh?

What about folks who repeatedly infringe on the work of others? Those folks that were given more then 1 polite 0 point warning about intellectual theft and instructed on the legal way to post a reference to a story on the site and yet ignored the repeated informational warnings and continued to post copy righted material? What about those folks that continually take other peoples work and post it as their own, despite being warned it wasn't allowed and that if they refused to stop we would be forced to act?

Most everyone on this site has been able to understand that it is illegal to post an entire article or story that is the property of someone else. That 'fair use' requires a brief and link only. What about those folks that don't mind putting the site at risk of litigation, eh?

It sure does sound a lot cooler that you were being silenced by the 'mods' then that you had total disregard for this site, doesn't it? Really rallies the troops to your side if you aren't worried about accuracy or fairness.

But why would you worry about accuracy if you aren't worried about stealing someone elses work? Let's see if 'cats in hats' and 'fox supporters' are willing to man up and admit the real reason they were finally shown the door.:rolleyes:

Because there are exmembers out there I'd love to see return. They just flamed out. I'd love to give them another go. They could be funny and witty and a joy to have amongst us. Like I've said before, they were simply caught up in the more strident rules brought on by the behavior of a few jackasses who moved in.

I'll reserve my wishes for princesses in towers thanks.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

ZAP

Post by ZAP »

Ewwwwwww!! Where am I? Who am I? Have I been smote? Or smitten? I knew I shouldn't a had that absinthe, whilst gazing at Johnny Depp's poster! :rolleyes:
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Zapata;1318498 wrote: Ewwwwwww!! Where am I? Who am I? Have I been smote? Or smitten? I knew I shouldn't a had that absinthe, whilst gazing at Johnny Depp's poster!

Smited. I believe you have been smiterited.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

Post by Odie »

AussiePam;1318448 wrote: Is there anyone here? This is a test to see whether the thread appears in the New Posts list.

me thinks we have to check forums now.

I'm here, will anyone find me? Will I find them again?
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “General Chit Chat”