What pissed you off today...........

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Odie

Post by Odie »

gmc;1315385 wrote: 2002 nissan almera with 135,000 on the clock. They use a lot of salt on the roads in winter and it's usually rust that does in the cars - not the body but the underside gets the hammering so it's maybe not just the spring but the strut as well. . I reckon last winter has been the final straw. The cross member is badly rusted as well and needs replaced so I am facing the choice of ever bigger bills or buy a replacement si it's going to cost about £1,000 at best to keep it and get it through it's next MOT. I can talk myself in to new mountain bike quite easily but much as I like cars I really don't want to spend any money on one.

my 2001 Neon LX has 98,000km on it, I have the underside rustproofed every few years as in Ontario we get tons of salt on the roads as well and as you said, it eats up into rust.

I cannot afford a new car, so I still keep fixing mine, but I have been lucky so far, not to many repairs....touch wood.;)
Life is just to short for drama.
cars

Post by cars »

Those damn "noisey" heater blowers & dehumidifiers downstairs are still going 24/7!! Monday night (hopefully when they're removed) can't come soon enough!!! :wah:

Cars :)
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

I gotta do laundry. I really hate doing laundry. Good-laundry room is right across the hall from me. Bad- It's always busy.
Odie

Post by Odie »

hoppy;1315557 wrote: I gotta do laundry. I really hate doing laundry. Good-laundry room is right across the hall from me. Bad- It's always busy.

would it be better if you did it through the week while people were at work?
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Odie;1315622 wrote: would it be better if you did it through the week while people were at work?

The building I live in caters to retired or disabled people. Everybody's always home. But, I got 'er done and made a beer run. Five minutes after I got home, a thunderboomie hit. So, everything worked out ok after all.:)
Odie

Post by Odie »

ran out of string on my weed eater.:-5
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

What the heck is a weed eater? and why should you need string ffs? :rolleyes:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Odie

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1315690 wrote: What the heck is a weed eater? and why should you need string ffs? :rolleyes:

its an electric or gas tool to cut around all the edges, gardens, poles, lawn where the lawnmower doesn't reach, weeds along pathways, curbs, and its in a spool of string........the string wears out and you have to buy more string.

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Oh....................... it sounds like our 'strimmer'

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1315701 wrote: Oh....................... it sounds like our 'strimmer'

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

'trimmer':yh_rotfl
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Odie;1315707 wrote: 'trimmer':yh_rotfl

Not 'trimmer', it's called a STRIMMER ! and it is very noisy ! :p
panzermk2

Post by panzermk2 »

For the second time in two months our Credit Card processor for our website has screwed up. Just like last month for more then 2 weeks I have not been able to do my daily account transfers. My account is over drawn and Gunpal/Gpal is sitting on 15 grand of my money.

Because of this I can't make payroll this week, purchase supplies, or pay any bills.

My emergency fund for situations like this was emptied making payroll three weeks ago when they f@cked up last month.
Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

(Without cunning a nation shall fall, [But] Salvation Come By Many Good Councils)
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Little madam staying for the night, if I hear one more time 'if you don't do as I say I am going home' I won't be responsible for the discussion I will launch on her about acting like a spoilt brat and not letting any one else have a look in on what to play :(

Back to peacekeeping...
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Betty Boop;1316871 wrote: Little madam staying for the night, if I hear one more time 'if you don't do as I say I am going home' I won't be responsible for the discussion I will launch on her about acting like a spoilt brat and not letting any one else have a look in on what to play :(

Back to peacekeeping...

hoppy

Post by hoppy »

I must have shifted into my invisible mode again, without realizing it. Three times in the grocery store people walked right into me, one with a G- D- shopping cart. Then the elevator in my building stopped on my floor. Before I could step out the door, people pushed their way on. This happens all the time in my building. They stand right in front of the door and charge in as soon as it opens, never mind someone wants out. One started pushing floor buttons as soon as he got on and ask me which floor I wanted. I was steamed and said, "I was trying to get out on this f-ing floor". They filed a complaint that I swore at them.:mad:
Odie

Post by Odie »

hoppy;1316884 wrote: I must have shifted into my invisible mode again, without realizing it. Three times in the grocery store people walked right into me, one with a G- D- shopping cart. Then the elevator in my building stopped on my floor. Before I could step out the door, people pushed their way on. This happens all the time in my building. They stand right in front of the door and charge in as soon as it opens, never mind someone wants out. One started pushing floor buttons as soon as he got on and ask me which floor I wanted. I was steamed and said, "I was trying to get out on this f-ing floor". They filed a complaint that I swore at them.:mad:

my god, there are really some rude, arrogant and despicable people in this world.:-5

I hope you don't get into ****, perhaps explain your side.;)
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

hoppy;1316884 wrote: I must have shifted into my invisible mode again, without realizing it. Three times in the grocery store people walked right into me, one with a G- D- shopping cart. Then the elevator in my building stopped on my floor. Before I could step out the door, people pushed their way on. This happens all the time in my building. They stand right in front of the door and charge in as soon as it opens, never mind someone wants out. One started pushing floor buttons as soon as he got on and ask me which floor I wanted. I was steamed and said, "I was trying to get out on this f-ing floor". They filed a complaint that I swore at them.:mad:

I'd be more sympathetic if the guy wasn't asking what floor he could key for you:rolleyes:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Well, today went ok so far but it's only 12:45pm. I'm going to my youngest son's house later for venison cook out. Whole tribe will be there. I hope the cops don't get involved. :-3
Odie

Post by Odie »

hoppy;1317124 wrote: Well, today went ok so far but it's only 12:45pm. I'm going to my youngest son's house later for venison cook out. Whole tribe will be there. I hope the cops don't get involved. :-3

venison is really good, try and enjoy the rest of your day.:-6
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

I am short, I wake up every day and am pissed about that, though I don't know if I am pissed about being short or if I am pissed that the societies ideal man is tall and short men are seemed as inferior. I am pissed off that when ever it is mention that heightism is a problem most jokingly plays down and try to say "it's not that bad". Though I am also greatful for the fact I am a 22 year survivor of brain cancer so I manage to deal with it. For most things I am pissed off about there is another or more I am happy with, so for the most part I am rarely pissed off nor am I leaping for joy usually I am in between.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Don't think I know you little CJ I wouldn't worry about being pissed off though I been continually pissed off for five years now ....does wonders for the complexion:).

and you know what they say ....I'm always in the '**** ....it's just the depth that varies.
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

fuzzywuzzy;1317160 wrote: Don't think I know you little CJ I wouldn't worry about being pissed off though I been continually pissed off for five years now ....does wonders for the complexion:).

and you know what they say ....I'm always in the '**** ....it's just the depth that varies.

True that would explain why so many people are so pissed off, though being that pissed off won't help them make the '***** hole any more shallow, it usually makes it deeper and the people are even more pissed off.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

:yh_rotfl it makes the world go round.:yh_rotfl
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

People. Freaking people.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

Post by Odie »

fuzzywuzzy;1317178 wrote: :yh_rotfl it makes the world go round.:yh_rotfl

you would know, eh?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

fuzzywuzzy;1317178 wrote: :yh_rotfl it makes the world go round.:yh_rotfl

I think it makes the world go in the '****** with the people that dig deeper and deeper in it, though I will admit it, continues to rotate on the way down. It brings to mind something I herd on the Simpson's once.

"I say, we must move forward, not backward, upward not forward,

and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom"
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Nomad;1317179 wrote: People. Freaking people.

let me think for a moment ........I'm not sure if I fit into "people" or "freaking people"
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Odie;1317180 wrote: you would know, eh?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

You've noticed?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

fuzzywuzzy;1317191 wrote: You've noticed?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

just a tad!:yh_rotfl

Its good to see you laughing again.:-6
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I'm not laughing .it's that stupid bloody icon that can't stand up on his own two feet . Have you ever noticed his laugh takes up his entire head ? That's just not natural.
Odie

Post by Odie »

fuzzywuzzy;1317196 wrote: I'm not laughing .it's that stupid bloody icon that can't stand up on his own two feet . Have you ever noticed his laugh takes up his entire head ? That's just not natural.

he's rolling around laughing, see?:yh_rotfl
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

Odie;1317200 wrote: he's rolling around laughing, see?:yh_rotfl
He could be doing a number of things, The only clothes he has on is his shoes and what looks like gloves, we can agree on one thing he is really happy.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

maybe he heard I was going to clean house today ............now even I'm laughing.:wah:

okay I'm pissed off because I really need to clean my house but I promised a friend I'd be at their place, and this always means drinking sitting around and listening to them groan about their ailments. Plus I have to take Brett to his second footy game this weekend and go to an official opening at the fire station. (I'm transferring BTW) They can kiss my arse....ahem ...I mean I'll wave and say good to know you guys and here's a photo I blew up and framed just for you cause i love ya heaps.......yes, yes, I'll go with that scenario and speech. :) (you back stabbing lying bars.....keep it sweet meggypoo keep it sweet.:) nice big grin now .:D
Odie

Post by Odie »

littleCJelkton;1317205 wrote: He could be doing a number of things, The only clothes he has on is his shoes and what looks like gloves, we can agree on one thing he is really happy.

he is that!:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

fuzzywuzzy;1317222 wrote: maybe he heard I was going to clean house today ............now even I'm laughing.:wah:

okay I'm pissed off because I really need to clean my house but I promised a friend I'd be at their place, and this always means drinking sitting around and listening to them groan about their ailments. Plus I have to take Brett to his second footy game this weekend and go to an official opening at the fire station. (I'm transferring BTW) They can kiss my arse....ahem ...I mean I'll wave and say good to know you guys and here's a photo I blew up and framed just for you cause i love ya heaps.......yes, yes, I'll go with that scenario and speech. :) (you back stabbing lying bars.....keep it sweet meggypoo keep it sweet.:) nice big grin now .:D

isn't that horrible when someone constantly complains?:rolleyes:

sounds like you needed that transfer, good for you.

and wish Brett luck in his football game.

cleaning can always wait, getting plastered is so much easier!:wah:
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

fuzzywuzzy;1317222 wrote: maybe he heard I was going to clean house today ............now even I'm laughing.:wah:

could be why the little guy has gloves, one could only assume he does his best cleaning only wearing gloves and shoes.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Went to my youngest son's for a cookout yesterday. It was a combination father's day/ birthday affair held yesterday because today is wet AGAIN.

He had venison, fish and some kind of game birds. I forgot to ask what. I never had venison that tasted so good. Think I ate half a deer myself. Son killed three deer last season. It was one of them.

I got to see my new great grandson. Baby Liam. My son calls him lime. It was a great time until the fight started. A daughter and a son got into it over a fight they had as kids, fer crissakes. I bailed out then. It just never fails. There ALWAYS has to be a fight.:-5
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

Today, it upsets me that I can not also display my country flag. I'm South African. Why today, I don't know. Perhaps because last night, I read (in the "sparkling" thread), that nobody responds to the "contact me" :-3

(Sorry I never know were to put commas in English:o)
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Dixie;1317344 wrote: Today, it upsets me that I can not also display my country flag. I'm South African. Why today, I don't know. Perhaps because last night, I read (in the "sparkling" thread), that nobody responds to the "contact me" :-3

(Sorry I never know were to put commas in English:o)

Oh, that's disappointing Dixie. There must be a way to insert a flag that is not listed on our profiles. Geeze, there's not one country listed from Africa....That's so odd.

Send a pm to one of our mods. There must be a way to display your flag on your profile.

I think this is your flag. I'm sure it can be resized.

Sorry that I can't help you...I'm not a mod.

You can always use this flag as your signature until problem is solved.
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

@Kathy Ellen, Thank you for the suggestions. I am not that much into signatures, but I I will see if I can find a sympathetic mod so that I can plead my case.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Dixie;1317352 wrote: @Kathy Ellen, Thank you for the suggestions. I am not that much into signatures, but I I will see if I can find a sympathetic mod so that I can plead my case.

Dixie, I have put this query into the mod forum to see if there is anything that can be done about this. It is strange that no African national flag is available to use, could be just an accidental omission on admin's part. We will try to sort it out for you. :-6
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Dixie;1317352 wrote: @Kathy Ellen, Thank you for the suggestions. I am not that much into signatures, but I I will see if I can find a sympathetic mod so that I can plead my case.

Ahhh, good luck Dixie. I know that I'd like to display my flag for sure. Gill will do her best to help you.

We should certainly change that option in our profile to add African nations. I'm sure there are other missing nations also.
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

G#Gill;1317355 wrote: Dixie, I have put this query into the mod forum to see if there is anything that can be done about this. It is strange that no African national flag is available to use, could be just an accidental omission on admin's part. We will try to sort it out for you. :-6
Thank you so much, I appreciate it.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Ahso did. He knows full well conservative Republicans can save the world if only the liberal 'crats would get out of the way. But will he admit that? NO! He just keeps harping on and on and on.:-5:)
littleCJelkton

Post by littleCJelkton »

hoppy;1317368 wrote: Ahso did. He knows full well conservative Republicans can save the world if only the liberal 'crats would get out of the way. But will he admit that? NO! He just keeps harping on and on and on.:-5:)

Both sides rant on and on, ever seen the south park episode on voting it is always a Turd Sandwich or a Giant Douche.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

I stayed home all freakin day because a daughter said she'd be by today if I was going to be home. Well, I'm freakin home, where are you? My kids do that sh!t all the time. Then they show up a day or so after the one they said they'd come. I got a mind to disown the lot of 'em. :-5:mad:
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

hoppy;1317504 wrote: I stayed home all freakin day because a daughter said she'd be by today if I was going to be home. Well, I'm freakin home, where are you? My kids do that sh!t all the time. Then they show up a day or so after the one they said they'd come. I got a mind to disown the lot of 'em. :-5:mad:Dementia, perhaps, caused by diabetes, or maybe some other 'disorder'?:)
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

hoppy;1317504 wrote: I stayed home all freakin day because a daughter said she'd be by today if I was going to be home. Well, I'm freakin home, where are you? My kids do that sh!t all the time. Then they show up a day or so after the one they said they'd come. I got a mind to disown the lot of 'em. :-5:mad:

At least you see them sometimes. I havent seen my boy since before christmas and he doesn't talk to me over the phone because he's too busy . I think he'll be coming down next weekend or there after..........that girlfriend of his has a shitload to answer for.:-5:-5:-5
Odie

Post by Odie »

hoppy;1317504 wrote: I stayed home all freakin day because a daughter said she'd be by today if I was going to be home. Well, I'm freakin home, where are you? My kids do that sh!t all the time. Then they show up a day or so after the one they said they'd come. I got a mind to disown the lot of 'em. :-5:mad:

next time, tell them you won't be home for them.;)

and to do that on Father's Day?

they don't deserve you.:-5

Happy Fathers Day my friend.:-4
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Well I was totally pissed off yesterday and did end up going to that friends house to have a major whinge.

I mentioned in another thread about going to the opening thingy of the fire station and putting in for my transfer.........hmmmmm well I was given the station camera and told to take pics of the awards being handed out (I was only going to half an hour and ended up there for three bloody hours.)

SO, anyways you know when you've asked two people of a procdure and you get five different answers? well it was al sorted yesterday...just go to the top and get your info. turns out I don't have to transfer at all but my pager can be set for two stations and I can turn out for both :-5:-5:-5:-5:-5

Then the awards are handed out. GET THIS!!!!!!! Called out in aphabetical order. My klast name begins with a 'B' you'd think I'd be one of the first.......nope...last. when my captain is looking a bit out of sorts because I'm sitting right in front of him and he calls out my name as an afterthought in front of the whole town mind you!!!!!!! That's pretty bloody humiliating. And to top it all off my old station back tracked my membership so I didn't recieve my service medal. (granted it's not my present stations fault) but do you think I wasn't pissed!!! like majorly majorly pissed off? but as I said yesterday I just grinned and bared it.

So Odie, I did go to the friends house and I did get very drunk. and to help me get through it he says ..........."you know you'll be better off at the other station where there are more females. they won't be able to ignore you then"..........god I just went through the bloody transfer **** with him and explained it. Why don't people listen.

There it's all off kmy chest I'm fine .........now.

Return to “General Chit Chat”