Doesn't often sparkle here these days, does it?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Nomad;1316192 wrote: Could you PLEASE ask spock to stop harrassing me !!! God !

I thought his membership was paid for by bothering you?:thinking:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

spot;1316196 wrote: Who have I left off my list, out of interest? It can't be anywhere near complete. There's Lulu, for example, if she's still around.
agnes:sneaky:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

AussiePam;1316330 wrote: I'm a current Supporting Member of FG, in what will probably turn out to be permanent exile. I came in last week to collect one outside email address and learnt of the existence of this thread. I don't watch FG, and where I now spend my internet leisure is a place with no FG members, current or former. It sparkles.

I used to love Forum Garden. It was exciting. Sure there were brawls, and unpleasantnesses but these were outweighed by crazy merriment, good humour and stimulating conversations. In a word, fun. The structure of the forum is still great. It's probably the most user-friendly around, with lots of excellent features. I'm sad to see it dying.

A few random comments:

I noted with interest what gmc said about religious "discussion". Some of the threads I remember were more like gang rape than discussion.

Most of the people I know of who have left, over the years, have cited "irreconcilable differences" with Spot as one of the reasons for their departure. He was of course Chief Moderator for much of that time. I think all his comments in this thread should be taken as "playful".

Heavy handed, officious-appearing moderation is certainly off putting. But it all really comes down to proportion. If active obvious moderators are half the active posters in evidence at any one time.. it's going to feel like a school room. At best stultifyingly boring.

In open internet forums you are always going to get single issue novelists, loud mouthed yobs, ignorant nuke-everyone-who-disagrees-with-me good old boys, religious ranters, paranoid conspiracy theorists, people with mental health issues and seriously unintelligent life forms. But the impact of these folk is diluted by the large number of fine, vibrant other posters who spark each other and bring the whole place to life. It's a matter of proportion. And in my opinion that's the main problem in Forum Garden. The proportion's got out of balance.

Thank you for your post Pam. You are always the voice of reason:-6
spot

Post by spot »

flopstock;1316337 wrote: agnes:sneaky:

There are only two Unspeakable Words on ForumGarden and you just used one. Go wash your mouth out.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

AussiePam;1316330 wrote: I'm a current Supporting Member of FG, in what will probably turn out to be permanent exile. I came in last week to collect one outside email address and learnt of the existence of this thread. I don't watch FG, and where I now spend my internet leisure is a place with no FG members, current or former. It sparkles.

I used to love Forum Garden. It was exciting. Sure there were brawls, and unpleasantnesses but these were outweighed by crazy merriment, good humour and stimulating conversations. In a word, fun. The structure of the forum is still great. It's probably the most user-friendly around, with lots of excellent features. I'm sad to see it dying.

A few random comments:

I noted with interest what gmc said about religious "discussion". Some of the threads I remember were more like gang rape than discussion.

Most of the people I know of who have left, over the years, have cited "irreconcilable differences" with Spot as one of the reasons for their departure. He was of course Chief Moderator for much of that time. I think all his comments in this thread should be taken as "playful".

Heavy handed, officious-appearing moderation is certainly off putting. But it all really comes down to proportion. If active obvious moderators are half the active posters in evidence at any one time.. it's going to feel like a school room. At best stultifyingly boring.

In open internet forums you are always going to get single issue novelists, loud mouthed yobs, ignorant nuke-everyone-who-disagrees-with-me good old boys, religious ranters, paranoid conspiracy theorists, people with mental health issues and seriously unintelligent life forms. But the impact of these folk is diluted by the large number of fine, vibrant other posters who spark each other and bring the whole place to life. It's a matter of proportion. And in my opinion that's the main problem in Forum Garden. The proportion's got out of balance.

I'll assume this was me, don't worry I like assuming.:wah::yh_rotfl
theia

Post by theia »

A few random comments:

Oh, Pammie, no! Please reconsider...FG needs your intelligence, wit and humour!
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

spot;1316345 wrote: There are only two Unspeakable Words on ForumGarden and you just used one. Go wash your mouth out.
As more of a reader and observer of forum garden and not so much a poster, i've never heard of some of these members brought up by you.

Forgive my inertia but i failed to associate the term you gave to Frank and the Frank of 24forum. You seem to make some sweeping statements on this thread that have no truth in them such as my wife having your photograph on her facebook profile. She loaded your photograph on the home page some months ago where it remained for all of a day, and not her profile nor do i believe she has any desire to have your photograph on her profile.

You have stated here that Frank is or was poaching but i've seen no evidence of this nor any evidence of the lack of skills you claim for Lady Cop who in my time of knowing her, seems popular and most adept in moderator skills. Infact, i'd go as far to say that when i joined 24forum, Lady Cop could've taught you a great deal in people skills. Instead of having sly digs at members past who you know full well can't get on here to defend themselves, why not just look to the future of forum garden to see how it can improve or how you can attract new members?
Odie

Post by Odie »

A few random comments:

another good soldier down.:rolleyes:

and you were our hero in desperate times, you lightened up this place with your wild and crazy nonsense.

It is good to see you, bravo Pam!:yh_party
Life is just to short for drama.
spot

Post by spot »

Peter Lake;1316354 wrote: Forgive my inertia but i failed to associate the term you gave to Frank and the Frank of 24forum. You seem to make some sweeping statements on this thread that have no truth in them such as my wife having your photograph on her facebook profile.

It's uphill with you, mate, it really is. Go and check inside 'julie's house'.

I long ago learned that invariably telling the truth on the internet gives one an astonishing advantage, it's not one I'd lightly abandon.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
theia

Post by theia »

Peter Lake;1316354 wrote: As more of a reader and observer of forum garden and not so much a poster, i've never heard of some of these members brought up by you.

Forgive my inertia but i failed to associate the term you gave to Frank and the Frank of 24forum. You seem to make some sweeping statements on this thread that have no truth in them such as my wife having your photograph on her facebook profile. She loaded your photograph on the home page some months ago where it remained for all of a day, and not her profile nor do i believe she has any desire to have your photograph on her profile.

You have stated here that Frank is or was poaching but i've seen no evidence of this nor any evidence of the lack of skills you claim for Lady Cop who in my time of knowing her, seems popular and most adept in moderator skills. Infact, i'd go as far to say that when i joined 24forum, Lady Cop could've taught you a great deal in people skills. Instead of having sly digs at members past who you know full well can't get on here to defend themselves, why not just look to the future of forum garden to see how it can improve or how you can attract new members?

PLease send my regards to LC, Peter...I only occasionally pop in to read, I rarely post, but LC makes me very welcome there, she has a good heart. Are you Peter Lake over there or do you use another name? If I know, I can look out for you.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

spot;1316360 wrote:

It's uphill with you, mate, it really is. Go and check inside 'julie's house'.

I long ago learned that invariably telling the truth on the internet gives one an astonishing advantage, it's not one I'd lightly abandon.

I'm not in the habit of rooting around Julie's family photographs but just for you, i'll use her password and have a look now. Should you be there, then i'll be happy to apologise and will stand corrected.

That didn't take long and sorry Spot, no Julie's house and no photograph of you as i suspected due to the fact that she'd no choice but to delete all family photographs and that album a long time ago thanks to a stalker who tried hacking into her account. The same person as to why she had no choice but to delete all her family photographs from this forum when she was here. You'd best tell your informant that they're somewhat out of date although i'll make it clear that the stalker is not any member here now.
spot

Post by spot »

Peter Lake;1316364 wrote: Infact, i'd go as far to say that when i joined 24forum, Lady Cop could've taught you a great deal in people skills.

You have an account on 24forum, Peter? You surprise me, I hadn't seen it. I've seen oscar's, of course, but you can't be referring to that one with "when i joined".

Search: Keyword(s): infact ; Posts Made By: oscar 149 results

I still think you run a joint account on ForumGarden, too. Or do you always write "Infact" as a single word like she does?

LC is undoubtedly a past mistress of manipulating people, if that's what you mean by people skills. The trouble with your post is that far too many people, unlike you, recall the history of ForumGarden. Right down to Spanky Franky and the poaching raids.
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

spot;1316368 wrote: You have an account on 24forum, Peter? You surprise me, I hadn't seen it. I've seen oscar's, of course, but you can't be referring to that one with "when i joined".

I still think you run a joint account on ForumGarden, too. Or do you always write "Infact" as a single word like she does?

LC is undoubtedly a past mistress of manipulating people, if that's what you mean by people skills. The trouble with your post is that far too many people, unlike you, recall the history of ForumGarden. Right down to Spanky Franky and the poaching raids.
Why is it a surprise that i'd have an account on 24hour? Oscar is not Oscar on 24hour and has never been Oscar on 24hour.

You can think what you like Spot as my life is far to short to muse the wonderings of your brain. As i've told you before, all Julie would have to do is take a stroll into the bedroom and log on here as a new member because the ip addresses are different but you fail to understand that some may not have any need to return here.

If your longevity is such that you have time to make enquiries into facebook profiles, search for spelling and muse the goings on at other forums, i can only suggest you get out more.

So, why are you having sly digs here at past members rather than look to ways of attracting new members? The members characters you're assassinating are gone and can't defend themselves here but potential new members may see your writings and refrain from joining.
gmc

Post by gmc »

posted by aussie pam

I haven't noticed any change in the moderation but I think you're right on the last point. Too many people who decide anyone disagreeing with them or challenging their pet theory is attacking them personally, or who think their pet theory should not be challenged. or as you put it loud mouthed yobs, ignorant nuke-everyone-who-disagrees-with-me good old boys, religious ranters, paranoid conspiracy theorists, people with mental health issues and seriously unintelligent life forms. I would also add ones who think you shouldn't argue with anyone and respect their views no matter how ridiculous. Don't know about the bitching so much as I never bothered reading them.

Can't remember what I said exactly but personally i think religion is fair game. You need to challenge those who believe they have all the answers and are somehow better than everybody else. I can respect someone's religious belief and their right to it but that doesn't mean I should respect the belief itself especially when it is ludicrous and equally I expect them to respect my right to dissent and I'm damned if I will apologise for it..

It's a discussion forum and if you don't want to discuss what are people doing here?
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

spot;1316368 wrote: You have an account on 24forum, Peter? You surprise me, I hadn't seen it. I've seen oscar's, of course, but you can't be referring to that one with "when i joined".

Lady Cop was a lovely member here in FG, and I'm only sorry that I didn't get to know her better.

I honestly don't know why she was banned, but can not even imagine what she did that was so terrible that she needed to be banned:mad:

Hopefully, maybe in another life, she and all banned members will return and as Aussie Pam says...."bring some spark back to FG;)"
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

Kathy Ellen;1316384 wrote: Lady Cop was a lovely member here in FG, and I'm only sorry that I didn't get to know her better.

I honestly don't know why she was banned, but can not even imagine what she did that was so terrible that she needed to be banned:mad:

Hopefully, maybe in another life, she and all banned members will return and as Aussie Pam says...."bring some spark back to FG;)"
Julie has been friends with Lady Cop for some while although i've only just joined 24forum and Julie can't praise the lady enough. I'm sure you'd have loved her as Julie and others do. I've also seen Lady Cop and that's one swell looking gal and she can arrest me any time she likes. ;)
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I think its a lovely photo. Very endearing.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

Nomad;1316389 wrote: I think its a lovely photo. Very endearing. Care to share my pizza while the wife's outside talking to a fox?
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Peter Lake;1316386 wrote: Julie has been friends with Lady Cop for some while although i've only just joined 24forum and Julie can't praise the lady enough. I'm sure you'd have loved her as Julie and others do. I've also seen Lady Cop and that's one swell looking gal and she can arrest me any time she likes. ;)

Now you stop flirting there Mister as the Mrs. will slap you upside your head:wah:. I'm happy that Julie is meeting some of our former members in 24. I'll have to check the site out to see who's there.

Please say hello to Lady Cop and everyone who is a former FG member for me, and tell them that I miss them and wish they'd return. I hate to see members leave. I'm like a sheltie...rounding up the herd so they don't leave...:yh_rotfl

Give my best to the Mrs., and I'll be intouch as soon as school is over:p

Hope you are well Pete and the fishing is good...keep those barbels running:-6
spot

Post by spot »

Nomad;1316389 wrote: I think its a lovely photo. Very endearing.

By all means add it to your facebook profile too, nomie. Ever since Clancy created it there's been no end of copies strewn across the Internet.
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

Kathy Ellen;1316392 wrote: Now you stop flirting there Mister as the Mrs. will slap you upside your head:wah:. I'm happy that Julie is meeting some of our former members in 24. I'll have to check the site out to see who's there.

Please say hello to Lady Cop and everyone who is a former FG member for me, and tell them that I miss them and wish they'd return. I hate to see members leave. I'm like a sheltie...rounding up the herd so they don't leave...:yh_rotfl

Give my best to the Mrs., and I'll be intouch as soon as school is over:p

Hope you are well Pete and the fishing is good...keep those barbels running:-6
Sadly my fishing is limited these days due to old age and other problems, i can't scale the banks on the river as i once did. Julie's really been up to her eyes in it of late with family problems and work but she'll e mail as soon as she can and when you're not so busy also. I'll pass the kind words on to Lady Cop who i'm sure will be pleased to hear from you. Don't tell the wife i was having a sneaky flirt while she was talking to her fox. :wah:
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Peter Lake;1316391 wrote: Care to share my pizza while the wife's outside talking to a fox?

Ideally Id like to eat pizza while observing your wife talking to foxes.

What could be better than that?

On a footnote and not directed at any one person but rather collectively, no one is going to win here. Nothing good will come from any of this and while I understand these matters arise in forums I also believe that an ego is a terrible thing.

Out.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

spot;1316393 wrote: By all means add it to your facebook profile too, nomie. Ever since Clancy created it there's been no end of copies strewn across the Internet.

I was being sincere. Its ok to look silly sometimes. Also I would never purposefully hurt you. I love you.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Peter Lake;1316396 wrote: Sadly my fishing is limited these days due to old age and other problems, i can't scale the banks on the river as i once did. Julie's really been up to her eyes in it of late with family problems and work but she'll e mail as soon as she can and when you're not so busy also. I'll pass the kind words on to Lady Cop who i'm sure will be pleased to hear from you. Don't tell the wife i was having a sneaky flirt while she was talking to her fox. :wah:

:wah::wah:My lips are sealed Pete:lips:

Oh, I am so sorry that you're limited with your time fishing. Just know that I think of you and Julie often and hope all settles down.

Feel better Peter....My best wishes are always with you and family:-4
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

Nomad;1316397 wrote: Ideally Id like to eat pizza while observing your wife talking to foxes.

What could be better than that?

On a footnote and not directed at any one person but rather collectively, no one is going to win here. Nothing good will come from any of this and while I understand these matters arise in forums I also believe that an ego is a terrible thing.

Out.
Sounds like good advice to me Nomad and i know when to quit.
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

Kathy Ellen;1316399 wrote: :wah::wah:My lips are sealed Pete:lips:

Oh, I am so sorry that you're limited with your time fishing. Just know that I think of you and Julie often and hope all settles down.

Feel better Peter....My best wishes are always with you and family:-4 You're a real special friend Kathy, always have been and that's why we'll always keep in contact with you. :-6
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Well, as I suspect Spot intended when starting his "where are they?" list, someone directed my attention to this thread.

Ah, the walk down memory lane....

The good old days do seem long gone. Remember those days? Remember when posters from this board would scornfully insult our intelligence and other members publicly on another board? (Remember, Spot?)

Remember when a certain "aren't I just the cutest little cupcake on the platter?" poster would send nasty private messages to unsuspecting victims? (Don't bother denying it, Nomad...I've saved them.)

Remember when I "outed" that very poster and was savagely attacked by Red Glitter (and a few others) because"those are supposed to be private?" (Apparently, it's ok to send unsolicited, insulting mail via private message because it can't be exposed on the board You're supposed to accept the crappola quietly and in silence.) Glitter's insults stayed on the very first page of FG for a long time...nice impression for someone browsing, looking for a new board. In their blood-lust, the moderators left it there. Very supportive of Tombstone, weren't they? And so very intent on creating/maintaining a friendly atmosphere on the board.

And then, there's Koan....:lips:...a friend to nobody but Spot.

As a supporting member, I wrote a thoughtful, constructive letter to Tombstone when I left, from the perspective that he didn't know how his board was being moderated. I never received the courtesy of a reply.

This was several years ago and it seems things really ARE dead now. Why on earth would you expect ANYONE who left because there was no real camaraderie, security or even-handed moderation to ever consider coming back?

I'm sure the idea of departed members as moderators was just so much hot air---Spot, you must understand that there are many interesting, "sparkly" boards to visit and enjoy.

If there really IS such a thing as karma....Forum Garden deserves to be exactly where it is. I"m sorry for some of you because I believe YOU deserve better.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
spot

Post by spot »

Lulu2;1316405 wrote: I'm sure the idea of departed members as moderators was just so much hot air---Spot

On the contrary, I'd not have suggested it if I weren't prepared to back it.

I'm delighted to see you again.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

A word of warning:

Any Compost Pile discussions or fights brought back out into the main forums will result in your account being restricted.
theia

Post by theia »

Nomad;1316398 wrote: I was being sincere. Its ok to look silly sometimes. Also I would never purposefully hurt you. I love you.

My children and I have spent many a happy hour going through old family photographs and picking out the worst, most unattractive photo of each other. It's hilarious and we all have our fair share of them. One year my son and daughter in law had an awful picture of my daughter and son in law printed on to coasters, as a Naf Christmas present. We all still laugh about it though I suspect the coasters are no more.

But posting them on the Internet? I think not.
spot

Post by spot »

Mustang;1316418 wrote: A word of warning:

Any Compost Pile discussions or fights brought back out into the main forums will result in your account being restricted.

Composted threads can't be viewed or commented on by the vast majority of FG members who have no Supporting Member status. The decision to move this thread into Compost is one I disagree with, and I'd ask for the decision to be reversed as soon as possible. The discussion is important to the future well-being of the site.

By all means split as much of the thread out into a segregated Composted thread if you feel any of it has no bearing on the main argument. The primary discussion should not be put where most members can't read it and, if they want, contribute to it.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I have wasted time. If anyone wants to know what's happened to Forum Garden, they need look no further than this thread. Except of course nobody can see it now, except in this dark, hidden spot. It's censored, suppressed, swept under the carpet. Any possibility of debate has been stifled. And threats have been made lest anyone disturb the dust.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Your post crossed with mine Spot, but probably because you could see I was viewing the thread.

I stand by what I said here now, and earlier.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

spot

Post by spot »

Just so. The thread has posts from various members who've not been here, for excellent reasons, in ages. To lose their contributions at this stage and to confirm all their old criticisms of the moderation policy is short-sighted and asinine.

Seriously, change it now while you can still back away from a lousy decision.
theia

Post by theia »

spot;1316439 wrote: Just so. The thread has posts from various members who've not been here, for excellent reasons, in ages. To lose their contributions at this stage and to confirm all their old criticisms of the moderation policy is short-sighted and asinine.

Seriously, change it now while you can still back away from a lousy decision.

I agree completely. Me being me, I didn't realise until just now that this thread was in compost and I was wondering what Mustang's post meant. I cant believe this has happened
spot

Post by spot »

Word was finally getting out to ex-members that an opportunity at last exists for them to restart their participation on this site. It has been years since we were in a position to achieve this, and the decision to move the discussion into Compost has put a complete stop to it. As a snapshot from yesterday evening, for example: Thread now has Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 19 (5 members and 14 guests). Even Uncle Kram showed up this morning and he's not posted this year at all.

Whoever made this unilateral decision to stop the discussion is completely ignoring the facts the thread has been bringing to light, that the site is now down to a under a quarter of its three-year average posting volume and showing no sign of recovery. If the simple figure isn't enough to shock the moderators then perhaps the following graph of the raw totals might do it.

Can we have a moderator response ASAP here please? Not as attempted justification, but to try to rectify what's turning into a catastrophe? I want the bulk of this thread back on the main board before it's missed by the majority of its participants, whether it's split or whether it's left intact. I don't care who does it, the one who did is probably in bed for the next six hours and in my opinion we don't need a post-mortem before we say sorry, we need this discussion back on track immediately. Split off the Compost discussion of the last six hours by all means.

Attached files
spot

Post by spot »

Members without Supporting Member access are beginning to complain on the public area too:

kazalala;1316443 wrote: Spot, has the sparkly thread been removed? If its gone to compost is it still going? i contributed quite a lot to that thread and if its in compost now i cant participate in it any more:(:-5
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Mustang;1316418 wrote: A word of warning:

THIS !! is precisely why this thread was started. Its no wonder this place is going nowhere, when open discussion, all of it in this thread justifiable, is censored in this way.

Mustang have you not read a single word of this thread ?? Theres hardly a word here that is compostable in an adult forum ( is that a word, compostable ?)
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
spot

Post by spot »

Snowfire;1316469 wrote: Mustang have you not read a single word of this thread ?? Theres hardly a word here that is compostable in an adult forum ( is that a word, compostable ?)

I'm quite sure this will be reversed once some moderators finally arrive on the scene today.

There's more criticism mounting out in the open board...

spot wrote:

[QUOTE=gmc;1316478]

[quote=theia]

[QUOTE=gmc;1316466]It looks like that thread it doesn't sparkle here any more has been pulled. Don't know why But it's a pity. What is wrong with people?It has been put in the compost, gmc, but spot is tring hard to get it reinstated on the main board, which, in my opinion, is where it should be
To heck with it. I've enjoyed my time here but it seems it has died the death. time for pastures new I think

I do think it can be brought back but there hasn't been a single mod online since I woke up this morning. Give me a while longer and we'll see where we get to. [/QUOTE]
spot

Post by spot »

And, not unexpectedly, once he's arrived today, Bill Sykes.

Bill Sikes;1316515 wrote: Why was the "sparkle" thread composted? I will use any answer to this question - which I expecto to *be* answered - constructively in my decision referred to above.

I too may have to look for any reasonable alternative to this site.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Thread is re-instated for those that could no longer view it.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Betty Boop;1316536 wrote: Thread is re-instated for those that could no longer view it.

Coo! BB, howe pleasantly unexpected! I shall peruse and try to formulate a proper post about whatever it is that needs posting about.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Betty Boop;1316536 wrote: Thread is re-instated for those that could no longer view it.

Thank You Betty. Sense has prevailed
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

Is it just me, or do we seem to be going round in circles?
Very nearly perfect ... :D
spot

Post by spot »

pinkchick;1316554 wrote: Is it just me, or do we seem to be going round in circles?

I think we've made considerable progress this week, actually.
Odie

Post by Odie »

spot;1316559 wrote: I think we've made considerable progress this week, actually.

what progress?
spot

Post by spot »

Odie;1316564 wrote: what progress?

Demonstrated the consequence of the moderator policy, with figures to conclusively back the perceived decline of the posting volume.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Bill Sikes;1316545 wrote: Coo! BB, howe pleasantly unexpected! I shall peruse and try to formulate a proper post about whatever it is that needs posting about.

Snowfire;1316548 wrote: Thank You Betty. Sense has prevailed

:o It wasn't just my decision, I just pushed the button to get it back.
Odie

Post by Odie »

spot;1316567 wrote: Demonstrated the consequence of the moderator policy, with figures to conclusively back the perceived decline of the posting volume.

and what are the consequences of the moderator policy?

you declined as moderator, one would think its up to our moderators and tombstone to decide if there should be any changes, correct?
spot

Post by spot »

Odie;1316577 wrote: and what are the consequences of the moderator policy?

Rather than me summarising 250 posts perhaps it would be easier if you read the thread, the answer to your question pervades it.

you declined as moderator, one would think its up to our moderators and tombstone to decide if there should be any changes, correct?

It's up to the membership as a whole to point out the problems, it's up to the owner to set the moderator policy, the moderators have very little to say about the matter save that they're also members in their own right. It is, as you say, up to tombstone to decide if there should be any changes. It'll be interesting to see what he chooses.

Return to “General Chit Chat”