Suffer the Children.........

along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Wire - Lifestyle

http://www.time.com/time/printout/0,881 ... 58,00.html

Just what is going on? This was not the first incident of this kind in China in recent history.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
along-for-the-ride

This is an excerpt from the first article:

"Some analysts have suggested that the attacks are an extreme form of social protest in a country where demonstrations are forbidden and grievances are handled with an archaic system where the aggrieved write up petitions to party officials. A Chinese farmer in Shandong province who bludgeoned five children with a hammer before immolating himself April 30 flew into a rage after being informed that a house he built with his life savings would be demolished because it was built on farmland. Two other assailants had lost jobs.

"These people believe they were not treated fairly and that they have no other way to express their grievances or to fight back," Liu said."

There has got to be another way besides murdering innocent children.
spot

Post by spot »

along-for-the-ride;1309921 wrote: There has got to be another way besides murdering innocent children.

Would you say there was a higher proportion of children murdered on school premises in China or in the USA?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

This is truly an awful story Along...very tragic and heartwrenching.

It does seem that we have many angry people in our world who do not know how to deal with their anger. There are also so many mentally ill people who do not even realize what damage they're doing to innocent people.

We have those problems in the States don't we:mad: !! How many innocent Amish children were killed in 2007.....and what about all of our school children being massacred by mentally ill or angry people????? There are so many other awful, needless killings:mad:

Most of the children and families in our school are wonderful. But, you always have the angry child that felt slighted, unloved, not appreciated, disliked by teachers and peers....Those are the children I sometimes worry about seeking revenge.....Two of them wished all of us dead and wished to blow us all up.

Even though we have lockdown procedures in place...I still see doors to our school open before and after school for parents dropping off their kids for babysitting purposes, and no one seems to be watching exactly who is entering the building at that time....That worries me, and I'm going to discuss it with our admins tomorrow. Thanks for making me think about this issue;)
BTS

Post by BTS »

Originally Posted by along-for-the-ride

There has got to be another way besides murdering innocent children.

spot;1309926 wrote: Would you say there was a higher proportion of children murdered on school premises in China or in the USA?

I dunno you tell us........spotty

I am sure the Commies over in China would spot-on give you all the stats you requested from them:driving:.

This is interesting. The arshoe that killed 8 children on March 23rd 2010 was killed by firing squad on April 28th 2010................ WOW.... NO 10 years of feeding, housing, court costs and appeals..... Bullets are cheap

China Executes Zheng Minsheng, Who Killed 8 Schoolchildren - AOL News

DEADLY SCHOOL ATTACKS IN CHINAChina has witnessed a series of assaults by knife-wielding attackers on schools in recent years. Many have been blamed on personal grudges or people with psychiatric problems:

April 30, 2010: A farmer attacked and injured five kindergarten students with a hammer in Shandong province's Weifang city before burning himself to death. The man struck a teacher who tried to block him and then used the hammer to attack the children. None of the children had life-threatening injuries.

April 29, 2010: A 47-year-old unemployed man attacked a classroom of 4-year-olds at a kindergarten in Jiangsu province, wounding 28 of them. Two teachers and a security guard were also hurt.

April 28, 2010: A man wielding a knife broke into a primary school in Leizhou city in Guangdong province in southern China and stabbed 18 students and a teacher.

April 12, 2010: Yang Jiaqin, 40, hacked to death a second grader and an elderly woman near an elementary school in Xizhen village of the southern Guangxi region. The attack came one day before Yang's family was scheduled to send him to a hospital for psychological treatment. He had been diagnosed with a mood disorder.

March 23, 2010: Zheng Minsheng, 42, killed eight children in a knife attack at the Nanping Experimental Elementary School in south China's Fujian province. Zheng was executed April 28.

March 2, 2009: Xu Ximei, 40, hacked two preschoolers, aged 4 and 6, to death with a kitchen knife and injured three other children and a grandmother at a primary school in Mazhan, a village in Guangdong province, and at a yard in the village. Xu was believed to be mentally disabled.

Feb. 24, 2008: Chen Wenzhen, a former student at the Leizhou No. 2 Middle School in Guangdong province, stabbed to death a boy and a girl, then killed himself. Chen had dropped out half a year earlier because he suffered from headaches and could not concentrate on his studies, state media said.

June, 2007: A man state media identified only by his surname, Su, broke into the Chiling Primary School in Longtang township in Guangdong and killed a 9-year-old boy with a kitchen knife. Three other students were seriously wounded. The attacker had been seen quarreling with the boy's parents in the past.

May 24, 2006: Yang Xinlong hacked a neighbor to death in the village of Luoying in central China's Henan province, then took 19 elementary school students hostage and killed one before police subdued him. Yang was hospitalized after police shot him when he refused to surrender.

Nov. 25, 2004: Yan Yiming, 21, broke into a Chinese high school dormitory and stabbed nine boys to death in Ruzhou, Henan province. Yan's mother turned him in to police after he attempted suicide on the day following the attack. He was executed two months later.

Aug. 4, 2004: Xu Heping, 51, a part-time gatekeeper at a Beijing kindergarten killed one student and slashed 14 others and three teachers. State media said at the time Xu had a history of schizophrenia. The attack, near the compound where President Hu Jintao and other Chinese leaders live and work, prompted the government to order stepped up security at schools nationwide.

-- The Associated Press
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
gmc

Post by gmc »

It's a problem you will come across in any country. It's got nothing to do with race or religion or form of government. Probably if you looked at the states you will find dozens of incidents that don't hit the mainstream news because they are not major enough or if you loom at France or germany or russia---. Hand guns were banned in the UK after a number of shooting incidents the last one when someone walked in to a primary school and opened fire on primary children.

The only difference between the states and china is in the states they use guns instead of knives and kill more people as a consequence. It's not some deep psychological flaw in the chinese or anything like that.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Sounds like China needs to impose knife control and registration of all edged items. Waiting periods for the purchase of such items. Special permits to own edged items. It works here, right? (Sarcasm):yh_rotfl
along-for-the-ride

These current incidents in China are just a glaring reminder of what violent and horrific extremes any persons of any country will go to in order to get attention for their cause.
spot

Post by spot »

along-for-the-ride;1310155 wrote: These current incidents in China are just a glaring reminder of what violent and horrific extremes any persons of any country will go to in order to get attention for their cause.

But why on earth pick on China for your example? What sort of xenophobic anti-Chinese reason do you have for that? And why on earth did you completely ignore my totally relevant earlier question?

Any person of any country will obviously not go to violent and horrific extremes in order to get attention for their cause. Remarkably few do. Focusing on China in order to make out that it's a violent society is an appalling travesty though. It's a mirror projection. It's a refusal to look at domestic problems by pretending that what happens at home is really something that happens abroad. Nationalist extremism, for example, or religious fanaticism, or warmongering. Or, it would seem, killing students on educational campuses to protest about the state of the nation.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
along-for-the-ride

Mr. Spot.....with all due respect. I am not "picking on China" as you state. I merely presented two articles from current events which happened to take place in China. I will not list the atrocities past and present from other countries just to equailize this thread as you seem to wish. This thread is about the two articles I initially posted and responses to those two articles. My point is that innocent children were being used as tragic victims.

By all means, initiate another thread about..............what?.......bigotry, racism, intolerence.
spot

Post by spot »

along-for-the-ride;1310165 wrote: My point is that innocent children were being used as tragic victims. With the word "China" prominently placed bang in the middle of it, yes. "This was not the first incident of this kind in China in recent history", remember?

Since BTS posted such a one-sided overview, and if you want to restrict the details to the last decade, the total deaths by random murder of children on campus come to something like USA 160, China 70, Rest of the World 154 and political provocations 690. I note that the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave has one quarter of the population of China and one twentieth of the population of the Rest of the World. The Chinese rate is a tenth of the USA's.

Here you are, the raw information's all at List of school-related attacks

If I'm allowed to quote Matthew Henry in response to the thread title, "That which charity teaches us to call but a splinter in our brother's eye, true repentance and godly sorrow will teach us to call a beam in our own. It is as strange that a man can be in a sinful, miserable condition, and not be aware of it, as that a man should have a beam in his eye, and not consider it; but the god of this world blinds their minds. Here is a good rule for reprovers; first reform thyself".

"I am sure the Commies over in China would spot-on give you all the stats you requested from them" isn't discussion, it's just plain abuse.
Odie

Post by Odie »

along-for-the-ride;1310165 wrote: Mr. Spot.....with all due respect. I am not "picking on China" as you state. I merely presented two articles from current events which happened to take place in China. I will not list the atrocities past and present from other countries just to equailize this thread as you seem to wish. This thread is about the two articles I initially posted and responses to those two articles. My point is that innocent children were being used as tragic victims.

By all means, initiate another thread about..............what?.......bigotry, racism, intolerence.

bravo AFTR!:yh_clap:yh_clap:yh_clap
Life is just to short for drama.
spot

Post by spot »

Odie;1310368 wrote: bravo AFTR!:yh_clap:yh_clap:yh_clap

Oh dear.

The last thing she wanted was to have the thread bumped after it had gone to sleep.

Return to “Societal Issues News”