Happy April Fools Day

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Lon

Happy April Fools Day

Post by Lon »

No fooling!!
spot

Happy April Fools Day

Post by spot »

And you, sunshine!

I'm keeping my head below the parapet until it's over.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
fuzzywuzzy

Happy April Fools Day

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

ABC gippsland put out a report yesterday for everyone to look towards the town of Briagalong......what town?.......today it was reported that CSI will be filming there.

you know what would really be funny? if they did in the future.:wah: The joke would be on the ABC. they actually got everyone once with a report about girraffe farming ....very very funny the talk back went wild.

So what does the BBC have in stall for us this year? there's are always quite entertaining.
spot

Happy April Fools Day

Post by spot »

fuzzywuzzy;1301036 wrote: So what does the BBC have in stall for us this year? there's are always quite entertaining.

I reckon it's "India is launching a census in which every person over the age of 15 will be photographed and fingerprinted to create a biometric national database. The government will then use the information to issue identity cards".

Or maybe not. I'll look more closely. That one's a contender though.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Happy April Fools Day

Post by spot »

Maybe it's "The Roman Catholic Archbishop of Westminster has said he understands why contraception is seen as 'attractive' in tackling Third World poverty"?
spot

Happy April Fools Day

Post by spot »

Found it!Could William Shakespeare be French?

New evidence unearthed at the site of his Stratford home suggests that the mother of England's most famous son was French. The French Ministry of Culture has told the Today programme that it wants to honour the playwright as a member of France's own pantheon of great writers.

BBC News - Today - Was Shakespeare French?

fuzzywuzzy

Happy April Fools Day

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Please let it be so......I would hate to think it true

By the way spot I have a favour to ask you .......No April fools joke . need someone to read through drafts of essays and assignments ....It's okay it's not dribble or anything i actually got a 'distinguished' in the last....I realise that sounds like an april fools joke but Australian curriculum is no aprils fool, although we all wish it was .
spot

Happy April Fools Day

Post by spot »

fuzzywuzzy;1301041 wrote: By the way spot I have a favour to ask you .......No April fools joke . need someone to read through drafts of essays and assignments ....It's okay it's not dribble or anything i actually got a 'distinguished' in the last....I realise that sounds like an april fools joke but Australian curriculum is no aprils fool, although we all wish it was .

I'd hate to be the cause of your grade slipping. You're obviously far better at what you're doing than I am. On the other hand if you want to email me your timetable I could nudge you for a read of each bit as the deadlines approach. On the other hand I bet you've never missed one yet. lunarcolony@rocketmail.com reaches me.
fuzzywuzzy

Happy April Fools Day

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Oh I don't miss deadlines ...I'm a good crammer as the last grade suggests but it's the academic writing side of it ........you're better at it than I ...I'm sure they couldn't give a rats arse about what I put in it just that it meets academic writing requirements. Just telling me it makes sense essentially. i have one due next friday and it's 60% of my mark . so if you learn something about teaching in this country all's good and that it makes sense.
fuzzywuzzy

Happy April Fools Day

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

spot;1301040 wrote: found it!could william shakespeare be french?

New evidence unearthed at the site of his stratford home suggests that the mother of england's most famous son was french. The french ministry of culture has told the today programme that it wants to honour the playwright as a member of france's own pantheon of great writers.

bbc news - today - was shakespeare french?

yes!!!! Love it!!!!!!
YZGI

Happy April Fools Day

Post by YZGI »

fuzzywuzzy;1301041 wrote: Please let it be so......I would hate to think it true

By the way spot I have a favour to ask you .......No April fools joke . need someone to read through drafts of essays and assignments ....It's okay it's not dribble or anything i actually got a 'distinguished' in the last....I realise that sounds like an april fools joke but Australian curriculum is no aprils fool, although we all wish it was .
I'd be willing to help but I can't read Australian..:D
minks

Happy April Fools Day

Post by minks »

YZGI;1301073 wrote: I'd be willing to help but I can't read Australian..:D

and the april fool winner is............^^^^^:lips::-4:D
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
YZGI

Happy April Fools Day

Post by YZGI »

minks;1301075 wrote: and the april fool winner is............^^^^^:lips::-4:D
I suppose you know what this means.. gday...
qsducks

Happy April Fools Day

Post by qsducks »

There is a real live duck living in my backyard...no april fools either!
Saint_

Happy April Fools Day

Post by Saint_ »

So far today I have:

Gotten into the breaker box and shut off all the lights in the school building for 60 seconds.

Put tape on two teacher's door handles, locking them out of their rooms during passing period.

Put tape over the lasers on the mice of all the computers in computer lab. (It's fun and really easy, but throws the user for a loop!)

More pranKs to come!:yh_devil
spot

Happy April Fools Day

Post by spot »

Good lord... have you checked the school's firing policy recently??
minks

Happy April Fools Day

Post by minks »

YZGI;1301076 wrote: I suppose you know what this means.. gday...

oh oh has the gauntlet been tossed???? Ya tosser

― Mae West
spot

Happy April Fools Day

Post by spot »

The Linux Kernel Archives

I've copied it here since it'll be so transient.
minks

Happy April Fools Day

Post by minks »

spot;1301100 wrote: The Linux Kernel Archives

fan-freakin-tastic :yh_rotfl

― Mae West
YZGI

Happy April Fools Day

Post by YZGI »

spot;1301100 wrote: The Linux Kernel Archives

I've copied it here since it'll be so transient.

minks;1301101 wrote: fan-freakin-tastic :yh_rotfl
Is that Australian..:D
minks

Happy April Fools Day

Post by minks »

YZGI;1301103 wrote: Is that Australian..:D

not so much mate.

― Mae West
Saint_

Happy April Fools Day

Post by Saint_ »

Dude...it's an alternative school!:wah:

Besides, none of the pranks were destructive. That's my rule.

(And I'm well known for practical jokes around here on April's Fools Day.)
Oscar Namechange

Happy April Fools Day

Post by Oscar Namechange »

qsducks;1301084 wrote: There is a real live duck living in my backyard...no april fools either!
:wah:

I've done terrible things to my husband today :(:(:( :yh_rotfl
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
AussiePam

Happy April Fools Day

Post by AussiePam »

The classical music radio station here was giving away 10 copies of Chopin's little known preludes for bagpipes!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Oscar Namechange

Happy April Fools Day

Gordon Brown the Prime Minister told us he was resigning :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Imladris

Happy April Fools Day

Post by Imladris »

oscar;1301120 wrote: Gordon Brown the Prime Minister told us he was resigning :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

That wouldn't be an April Fools joke, that'd be all my birthdays and Christmases rolled into one.......................

:sneaky:
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
along-for-the-ride

Happy April Fools Day

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Odie

Happy April Fools Day

Post by Odie »

Imladris;1301129 wrote: That wouldn't be an April Fools joke, that'd be all my birthdays and Christmases rolled into one.......................

:sneaky:

mine to, so sick of hearing about him and how great he is.:rolleyes:
Life is just to short for drama.
Oscar Namechange

Happy April Fools Day

Odie;1301156 wrote: mine to, so sick of hearing about him and how great he is.:rolleyes:
Then you have the same option as any member on this forum and that Is the option of choice. You do not have read threads or posts that you are not Interested In the same as many don't look at your word games. Forums are here for all members and as the British People will be having an Election In a few weeks to elect our Prime Minister and that there are many British members on this forum, then to some, what our PM does, happens to be of Interest. We could have said exactly the same during the US election when us Brits got sick of the sight of Obama threads but we all appreciated that there are other people on this forum.

Just out of Interest.. as GMC posts many of the threads here about GB at the moment, why don't you take him to task over It?

I think you are missing the point also. Just because Gordon Brown Is not liked by some British members here, do you think they are not Interested In what is happening In our election and pre-election Campaigns? Do you think they have no Interest In the way the election Is going and who Is going to Govern them for the next 5 years?
AussiePam

Happy April Fools Day

Post by AussiePam »

Getting back to Happy April Fools Day:

I just watched the 8pm French news. They had learned illustrations of the earth shifting on its axis and announced that seasons would be um seasonally adjusted accordingly, as would also the school year. Many good folk in the street were interviewed. It was just like TruthCarrier has been warning us!! I must say, I sat up and paid attention... In France they don't have April fools. They have April fish. The presenter admitted the joke at the end of the broadcast - and called it a whale.

Attached files
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Odie

Happy April Fools Day

Post by Odie »

along-for-the-ride;1301140 wrote: http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/forum ... ost1301130

:D

Anyone remember this song? Lon?

YouTube - Jerry Vale - What kind of fool am I?

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Lon

Happy April Fools Day

Post by Lon »

Odie;1301196 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Oh yeah-------I remember, and this one as well.

YouTube - Elvis Presley Fools Rush In
along-for-the-ride

Happy April Fools Day

Post by along-for-the-ride »

:wah:

I know..I know...April Fools day is over. But we can't end this thread without this classic:

YouTube - ARETHA FRANKLIN-CHAIN OF FOOLS,LIVE IN 68

You go girl! ;)

I dare you to sit still while you listen. ;)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Lon

Happy April Fools Day

Post by Lon »

along-for-the-ride;1301285 wrote: :wah:

I know..I know...April Fools day is over. But we can't end this thread without this classic:

YouTube - ARETHA FRANKLIN-CHAIN OF FOOLS,LIVE IN 68

You go girl! ;)

I dare you to sit still while you listen. ;)

I couldn't just sit-----------had to booogie---------------yeah

Return to “General Chit Chat”