Anger after pope condemns gay-friendly laws

Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

LONDON (AFP) – Gay-rights campaigners and secularists called on Tuesday for protests during a visit to Britain by Pope Benedict XVI this year, after he condemned equality legislation seen as friendly to gays.

The 82-year-old pontiff, who made his comments in a letter to the bishops of England and Wales on Monday, is reportedly set to visit Britain in September, the first such trip in 28 years.

Human rights campaigner and gay activist Peter Tatchell said he saw the pope's letter as an attack on the legal rights granted to gay people and women.

Story Link: Anger after pope condemns gay-friendly laws - Yahoo! News
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

I gotta wonder how many of those protesters are Catholic. Then I wonder, how many of those protesters even believe in God and why would they give a crap what the pope says?:confused:
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Ian;1287633 wrote: I don't want this pedophile in my country....

even sick bastards wear white.

You can show proof that the pope is a pedophile?

In my opinion, the only ones needing to be concerned are queer Catholics.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

I've seen it reported that his visit will cost the British taxpayer an estimated £20,000,000. Let the Vatican or the Catholic church in the UK pay for his visit. They are the interested party in all this. They are the only ones who are going to take notice of his rambling condemnations
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Snowfire;1287659 wrote: I've seen it reported that his visit will cost the British taxpayer an estimated £20,000,000. Let the Vatican or the Catholic church in the UK pay for his visit. They are the interested party in all this. They are the only ones who are going to take notice of his rambling condemnations

That's a good point. :)
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

hoppy;1287630 wrote: I gotta wonder how many of those protesters are Catholic. Then I wonder, how many of those protesters even believe in God and why would they give a crap what the pope says?:confused:
hoppy;1287671 wrote: Even believers are still only human. Still have weaknesses, same as everyone. What, you expected believers to be perfect and God-like? Silly person.:yh_rotfl:):)
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Ian;1287633 wrote: I don't want this pedophile in my country....

even sick bastards wear white.

I can't blame you there. God knows, you have more than enough home grown pedophiles.:D

Return to “General Religious Discussions”