Happy Australia Day to our Oz Mates...

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Happy, Happy Australia Day on January 26th to all of our Oz friends in FG. I hope that you have a wonderful day:-4

Australia Day - Australia Day

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Happy Day to you all, I was looking for Pammie in that pic from the link!
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

Thanks Kathy :-4
FOC THREAD PART 1
mrsK

Post by mrsK »

Thank you Kathy:-4

I have just come back from early morning celebrations.

43.c here atm time to cool down.

Happy Australia Day to all the Aussies on here:-4:-4
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Hey I just saw this!! Thanks Kathy... I was writing about my Oz Day so far in your beach hut thread.

Happy Australia Day mrsK, Fuzzy, KayleneAussie - think we're the only Aussies in this Forum.

And thank you Chonsi for your good wishes too.

It's one of my special interests of course but I've been following, the last couple of days, some discussion about the Australian language. Apparently we've now pretty much totally ditched the faux-cultivated, old-ABC speak. Australian English is now considered to have three separate strands, with subsets in each... Basic standard Australian, Ethno-Australian, and Aboriginal-Australian. The first is what most non Aussies recognise easily - the flat vowels, the vocabulary, the voice raised at the end of a statement. The third is also quite recognisable to many Aussies.. eh! The middle one has clear subsets like Greek-Italian, Lebanese-Australian, Chinese-Australian.. as spoken by native born Aussies of those backgrounds. Fascinating stuff.

:sneaky:

I posted in the other thread that one trait apparently binding us multicultural aussies together is our willingness to try things, give it a go, embrace novelty, a sort of forward looking, cheerful creativity. Reckon there's something in that too.

Go Oz!!!!!!!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

hi Pam and Mrsk1 hope your having a good day...its around 40c here at Penrith so just about to get a coolie and head down the yard to the pool:D
FOC THREAD PART 1
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Australia Day.

Theres no United States Day.

Why should you guys get a day?

Go back to work.
I AM AWESOME MAN
kayleneaussie

Post by kayleneaussie »

Nomad;1285356 wrote: Australia Day.

Theres no United States Day.

Why should you guys get a day?

Go back to work.

:p;)
FOC THREAD PART 1
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

kayleneaussie;1285363 wrote: :p;)

So theres kangaroo boxing all day or what?
I AM AWESOME MAN
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

It's our national day, Nomad - the Australian equivalent of your 4 July. Maybe you really didn't know this and are not intending to be rude. There are only 4 regular posting Australians in this Forum. We respect your national day, and it would be civilised if you respected ours. Strange really, that out of this whole board, only Kathy and Chonsi took the time to offer good wishes.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

qsducks

Post by qsducks »

AussiePam;1285367 wrote: It's our national day, Nomad - the Australian equivalent of your 4 July. Maybe you really didn't know this and are not intending to be rude. There are only 4 regular posting Australians in this Forum. We respect your national day, and it would be civilised if you respected ours. Strange really, that out of this whole board, only Kathy and Chonsi took the time to offer good wishes.

And I wish you a happy Australia day too. My neice who lived in Manley Beach said the entire nation goes bonkers on this day as its much the same as our 4th/July...have fun & enjoy yourselves today & eat good food!
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

AussiePam;1285367 wrote: It's our national day, Nomad - the Australian equivalent of your 4 July. Maybe you really didn't know this and are not intending to be rude. There are only 4 regular posting Australians in this Forum. We respect your national day, and it would be civilised if you respected ours. Strange really, that out of this whole board, only Kathy and Chonsi took the time to offer good wishes.

I actually have not heard of this and I did not intend to be rude. I meant no disrespect.

I didnt realize it was an honored event.

Happy Australian Day.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

For our Australian members......

Attached files

Return to “General Chit Chat”