GMC.... Ahem.. About that Glasgow By-Election ????

Discuss the latest political news.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Labour hails 'thumping' victory in Glasgow North East byelection | Politics | guardian.co.uk

I suppose you will blame It on poor turn-out... AGAIN :yh_rotfl
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Post by gmc »

In some parts of the west of Scotland a monkey in a red suit would get elected. If the SNP had won it would be like a communist MP winning windsor or harrow or somewhere The telling thing is the turnout-people just can't be bothered with politics any more.

Meanwhile labour get set to **** off their diehard supporters.

Tony Blair and Gordon Brown clans join forces in election team | Politics | The Guardian

Gordon Brown is putting the finishing touches to a Labour election team that is expected to be headed by Lord Mandelson and may yet include Alastair Campbell, back into the fray to try to win a fourth term.

Will the last believer in a democratic labour party please turn out the lights on the way out.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

gmc;1262798 wrote: In some parts of the west of Scotland a monkey in a red suit would get elected. If the SNP had won it would be like a communist MP winning windsor or harrow or somewhere The telling thing is the turnout-people just can't be bothered with politics any more.

Meanwhile labour get set to **** off their diehard supporters.

Tony Blair and Gordon Brown clans join forces in election team | Politics | The Guardian

Will the last believer in a democratic labour party please turn out the lights on the way out.
Didn't I say you would mention turn-out? :wah:

I read a very good article yesterday. It is not as cut and dried for The Tories as they think. Labour do actually have a hope in the election.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

oscar;1262990 wrote: Labour do actually have a hope in the election.

Phil Hope ?

Cape of Good Hope

But personally I think this one

But should by any slim chance they do have a chance, I am signing up for the last option.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Chookie

Post by Chookie »

gmc;1262798 wrote: In some parts of the west of Scotland a monkey in a red suit would get elected.
One did. Mind you, this is the first Westmonster election in that constituency since Thingy (Michael whathisname) was appointed speaker........

For some reason the Speaker of the Westmonster parliament is given a free ride in general elections (ie no-one opposes him, her or it).
An ye harm none, do what ye will....

Return to “Current Political Events”