helicopter hieroglyph

paintballmarshal

helicopter hieroglyph

Post by paintballmarshal »

Throughout history there have been many people that claim to have seen future events. Nearly every religion has examples of them. Nostradamus being the most famous. Perhaps an acient egyptian saw these futuristic crafts and decided to share his vision. Or perhaps they were flying around in helicopters made of natural materials that have since decomposed or been recycled by future generations. Could a small hellicopter be powered by people cycling to turn the rotor blades. Perhaps the apache design was created after the hieroglyph was discovered and copied by our modern scientists. I would like to hear other peoples views on these ideas.
Oscar Namechange

helicopter hieroglyph

Post by Oscar Namechange »

paintballmarshal;1253405 wrote: Throughout history there have been many people that claim to have seen future events. Nearly every religion has examples of them. Nostradamus being the most famous. Perhaps an acient egyptian saw these futuristic crafts and decided to share his vision. Or perhaps they were flying around in helicopters made of natural materials that have since decomposed or been recycled by future generations. Could a small hellicopter be powered by people cycling to turn the rotor blades. Perhaps the apache design was created after the hieroglyph was discovered and copied by our modern scientists. I would like to hear other peoples views on these ideas. The ancient Egyptians certainly had the visions of planes. These have been found in tombs dating back 3,000 years and are currently in the Cairo Antiquities Museum. They certainly had the vision yet I doubt if they were brought to fruition and actually flew.

Attached files
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
paintballmarshal

helicopter hieroglyph

the fact that those artifacts are aerodynamically correct would suggest that they did have the technology to fly. the egyptians used to make models of their tecnologies and so it seems more likely than not that they made a full scale version. perhaps only used as a glider pulled by horses to lift it into the sky in order to survey the area when building their monuments. no one can explain how the pyramids were built with the level of technology that we believe that they had. just because we dont have proof of the technology that does not mean that they did not have it. there is plenty of evidence that the pyramds were built to mimic the stars in constellations. such placement could only have been accurate if viewed from the sky.
chonsigirl

helicopter hieroglyph

Post by chonsigirl »

oscar;1253406 wrote: The ancient Egyptians certainly had the visions of planes. These have been found in tombs dating back 3,000 years and are currently in the Cairo Antiquities Museum. They certainly had the vision yet I doubt if they were brought to fruition and actually flew.

The gold one is from ancient Americas, not ancient Egypt. It is categorized as a zoomorph, not an airplane.
Oscar Namechange

helicopter hieroglyph

paintballmarshal;1255807 wrote: the fact that those artifacts are aerodynamically correct would suggest that they did have the technology to fly. the egyptians used to make models of their tecnologies and so it seems more likely than not that they made a full scale version. perhaps only used as a glider pulled by horses to lift it into the sky in order to survey the area when building their monuments. no one can explain how the pyramids were built with the level of technology that we believe that they had. just because we dont have proof of the technology that does not mean that they did not have it. there is plenty of evidence that the pyramds were built to mimic the stars in constellations. such placement could only have been accurate if viewed from the sky. I have to agree with you. The alignment of the Pyramids with Constellations in precision is still baffling to this day. The artifacts found have only ever been small models that some Historians claim were childrens toys, yet they were not found in childrens tombs. I just wonder that with the discovery of so much Ancient Egyptian Artifacts, should a full scale model ever have been made, some relics could have been discovered by now. That is of course, Unless they were made purely of wood similar to the Mosquito war plane and bio-degraded over time.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

helicopter hieroglyph

chonsigirl;1255815 wrote: The gold one is from ancient Americas, not ancient Egypt. It is categorized as a zoomorph, not an airplane.
My mistake... Thanks Chons :)
paintballmarshal

helicopter hieroglyph

there are many simarlarities between the ancient south american civilisations and the ancient egyptians. perhaps they flew over from peru and settled on the nile :wah:
chonsigirl

helicopter hieroglyph

Post by chonsigirl »

The glyph systems are totally different-only thing remotely similar are the Olmec heads. And the similarity is with sub-Saharan Africa. But it is there.

Khipus-totally unique, another system of communication not via writing. I do not think there is anything similar in another culture, but then, it is an artifact that would disappear easily. (being made out of natural materials)
Oscar Namechange

helicopter hieroglyph

paintballmarshal;1255832 wrote: there are many simarlarities between the ancient south american civilisations and the ancient egyptians. perhaps they flew over from peru and settled on the nile :wah:
Stranger things have happened :wah: There is much recorded belief of alien visitation dating back to cave drawings in North Africa to the Mayans and Aztecs. It was not just the Ancient Egyptians. My own fascination has always been with Akhenaten who after thousands of years denounced land gods and worshiped the sun. Did he see something come from the skies?
paintballmarshal

helicopter hieroglyph

both cultures built pyramid structures that have lasted for thousands of years. and both were sun worshippers. both cultures mummified their dead as well. is it all just coincidence?
Oscar Namechange

helicopter hieroglyph

paintballmarshal;1255845 wrote: both cultures built pyramid structures that have lasted for thousands of years. and both were sun worshippers. both cultures mummified their dead as well. is it all just coincidence?
Given the primitive times, It's a whopping big co-incidence considering the travel restrictions between continents.
chonsigirl

helicopter hieroglyph

Post by chonsigirl »

Many ancient cultures were sun centered in their religion, it would be a natural thing-the largest object in the sky. Aztec were more sun centered in their worship than Mayans.

Pyramids-Egyptian and Mayan pyramids are different. Egyptian ones were funerary and monuments to individual rulers, Mayan ones varied for religious importance depending on the city state. Alignments to celestial bodies differ also.

Both interesting cultures, but I do not think they all came from Egyptian influence.

Mummification-occurs in many cultures. In Egypt it was integrated into their religion. Mummification occurs in Incan culture, due to climatic conditions. The last Incan mummy they found, the young girl I think it was, she was a sacrifice. She wasn't intentionally mummified, but was due to the coldness up there in the Andes.

Oscar, it's not a big coincidence-how many different shapes could one make for large monuments? American pyramids are step pyramids too, and they etched some interesting things on those stairs........
paintballmarshal

helicopter hieroglyph

i would say that it is entirely possible that the egyptians relocated to south america. it has been proven that they had sea faring ships capable of making the journey. the south american cultures appear after the fall of the ancient egyptian reign. settling in different parts of south america the cultures would after only a few generations lose much of the original knowledge but still keep much of the religious rituals alive. mummifing and building pyramid structures and worshippng the sun.
paintballmarshal

helicopter hieroglyph

and its also a coincidence that both cultures made models of modern aerodynamically correct aircraft?
chonsigirl

helicopter hieroglyph

Post by chonsigirl »

paintballmarshal;1255857 wrote: and its also a coincidence that both cultures made models of modern aerodynamically correct aircraft?

Only if you believe so.............I don't.
paintballmarshal

helicopter hieroglyph

so u do agree that its not a coincidence.
chonsigirl

helicopter hieroglyph

Post by chonsigirl »

I say that they each thought of it themselves, man is that creative. And I did not say there were airplanes-the gold one is a zoomorph, I have not looked into the wooden artifact from Egypt.
Oscar Namechange

helicopter hieroglyph

paintballmarshal;1255845 wrote: both cultures built pyramid structures that have lasted for thousands of years. and both were sun worshippers. both cultures mummified their dead as well. is it all just coincidence?
You seem to share one of my main Interests. I thought you may like to see a pic of the top shelf of my Display Cabinet? Click on the pic to enlarge and Yes, I do know the glass needs polishing :wah:

Attached files
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

helicopter hieroglyph

Post by Bryn Mawr »

paintballmarshal;1255852 wrote: i would say that it is entirely possible that the egyptians relocated to south america. it has been proven that they had sea faring ships capable of making the journey. the south american cultures appear after the fall of the ancient egyptian reign. settling in different parts of south america the cultures would after only a few generations lose much of the original knowledge but still keep much of the religious rituals alive. mummifing and building pyramid structures and worshippng the sun.

Pyramid building was not a static art, in both areas the types of pyramids built and their functions evolved over time. If your theory was true then the start of pyramid building in South America would mimic the state of pyramid building in Egypt at that time and then there would be a divergance once the two cultures ceased communicating but this is not the case. Both regions have a linear evolution from simple beginnings through to complex endings with no evidence of seeding from across the pond.

Also, your comment about timings is not accurate - whilst the Toltec and Inca civilisations started after the fall of Ancient Egypt they were about a thousand years too late and the pyramids pre-date then by four millennia being about contempary with their Egyptian equivalents, starting about 5,000 years BP, possibly even pre-dating the Mayans who built many of the early examples.
Oscar Namechange

helicopter hieroglyph

chonsigirl;1255966 wrote: I say that they each thought of it themselves, man is that creative. And I did not say there were airplanes-the gold one is a zoomorph, I have not looked into the wooden artifact from Egypt.

Model Airplane?

This may help Chons.
paintballmarshal

helicopter hieroglyph

the ancient egyptians if they did settle in the area would not have had the same raw materials that they had in egypt. they would have had to adapt their designs according to the materials that they had. for example when the USA broke free from the UK, the people were at the same level of technology but because there was a lot of wood they built their houses out it and not stone. architecture in the USA was vastly different to that in the UK at the same period in time and bothe cultures came from the same place. we have seen in most religions that they evolve over time. a hundred years ago the church would never have tolerated female priests or gay marriages. catholics and prodestants have been murdering each other over their beliefs about the same religion, as well as the the shia and the sunni muslims. it stands to reason that in acient times this would also have been true. berhaps they didnt have the time to build the top section of the pyramid or the foundations could not withstand the weight of the heavier stones, the bent pyramid shows that the egyptians changed their designs if the original was not suitable.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

helicopter hieroglyph

Post by Bryn Mawr »

paintballmarshal;1256201 wrote: the ancient egyptians if they did settle in the area would not have had the same raw materials that they had in egypt. they would have had to adapt their designs according to the materials that they had. for example when the USA broke free from the UK, the people were at the same level of technology but because there was a lot of wood they built their houses out it and not stone. architecture in the USA was vastly different to that in the UK at the same period in time and bothe cultures came from the same place. we have seen in most religions that they evolve over time. a hundred years ago the church would never have tolerated female priests or gay marriages. catholics and prodestants have been murdering each other over their beliefs about the same religion, as well as the the shia and the sunni muslims. it stands to reason that in acient times this would also have been true. berhaps they didnt have the time to build the top section of the pyramid or the foundations could not withstand the weight of the heavier stones, the bent pyramid shows that the egyptians changed their designs if the original was not suitable.

The point is that both areas have a complete evolution from simple to complex starting at roughly the same time. There is no evidence of a jump in design at the end of the Egyptian pyramid building period which is when you suggested the migration took place - a time when the Mayans and others had been building pyramids for thousands of years.

Also, whilst and such migrants would possibly have had to modify their detailed designs to suit the materials and locations available to them, there is no reason why they would have changed the function of the pyramids whereas the two types were functionally very different.
paintballmarshal

helicopter hieroglyph

the time of the great pyramids being built was circa 2500 bc the mayan civilisation begins at around this time. they didnt start bulding pyramids till their late pre classic period circa 300 bc.

quote - "Centuries later, long after Teotihuacan was abandoned ca 700 CE, cities of the Postclassic era followed the style of Teotihuacan construction, especially Tula, Tenochtitlan, and Chichén Itzá."

quote - "The Maya built massive stone pyramids, temples, and sculpture; developed a system of writing using hieroglyphs; and recorded their achievements in mathematics and astronomy. Archaeologists long believed that Maya culture reached its highest development from about ad 300 to 900, during what is known as the Classic period. Recent discoveries in northern Guatemala, however, have challenged that assumption. There, archaeologists have found highly developed cities, sophisticated art, and examples of Maya writing that date from as early as 600 years before the Classic period began."

quote - "Advances such as writing, epigraphy, and the calendar did not originate with the Maya"
paintballmarshal

helicopter hieroglyph

just take the first line of the second quote and replace maya with ancient egyptians. it fits completely.

ancient egyptian refugees mixing with the local tribes would see a merging between the belief systems. the result being pyramid alters used for human sacrifices
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

helicopter hieroglyph

Post by Bryn Mawr »

paintballmarshal;1256443 wrote: the time of the great pyramids being built was circa 2500 bc the mayan civilisation begins at around this time. they didnt start bulding pyramids till their late pre classic period circa 300 bc.

quote - "Centuries later, long after Teotihuacan was abandoned ca 700 CE, cities of the Postclassic era followed the style of Teotihuacan construction, especially Tula, Tenochtitlan, and Chichén Itzá."

quote - "The Maya built massive stone pyramids, temples, and sculpture; developed a system of writing using hieroglyphs; and recorded their achievements in mathematics and astronomy. Archaeologists long believed that Maya culture reached its highest development from about ad 300 to 900, during what is known as the Classic period. Recent discoveries in northern Guatemala, however, have challenged that assumption. There, archaeologists have found highly developed cities, sophisticated art, and examples of Maya writing that date from as early as 600 years before the Classic period began."

quote - "Advances such as writing, epigraphy, and the calendar did not originate with the Maya"

I think you're making assumptions. The fact that the Mayans were at their hight from 300BC does not mean that they didn't build pyramids before that.

Try :-

Pyramids (The Americas) - MSN Encarta

Pyramids (The Americas), large structures with four stepped sides and a flat top, built in Mexico and Central and South America from about 3000 bc to about ad 1500.

or :-

Caral - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The main pyramid (Spanish: Pirámide Mayor) covers an area nearly the size of four football fields and is 60 feet (18 m) tall. Caral is the largest recorded site in the Andean region with dates older than 2000 BCE and appears to be the model for the urban design adopted by Andean civilizations that rose and fell over the span of four millennia. It is believed that Caral may answer questions about the origins of Andean civilizations and the development of the first cities.
chonsigirl

helicopter hieroglyph

Post by chonsigirl »

paintballmarshal;1256443 wrote: the time of the great pyramids being built was circa 2500 bc the mayan civilisation begins at around this time. they didnt start bulding pyramids till their late pre classic period circa 300 bc.

May I ask who originated the quotes? Just putting it into "quote" without citing the source makes it a little dubious.

How much Mayan or other ancient MesoAmerican languages do you know?
ZAP

helicopter hieroglyph

Post by ZAP »

paintballmarshal;1255832 wrote: there are many simarlarities between the ancient south american civilisations and the ancient egyptians. perhaps they flew over from peru and settled on the nile :wah:

Didn't they disappear mysteriously from Central America?

There are a couple of passages in the Bible; Ezekiel, Chapter 10 for example that sound like descriptions of a flying machine, or saucer or UFO to me.
paintballmarshal

helicopter hieroglyph

chonsigirl;1256461 wrote: May I ask who originated the quotes? Just putting it into "quote" without citing the source makes it a little dubious.

How much Mayan or other ancient MesoAmerican languages do you know?

Advances such as writing, epigraphy, and the calendar did not originate with the Maya; however, their civilization fully developed them.

quoted from wikipedia.

The Maya calendar, which is based around the so-called Mesoamerican Long Count calendar, commences on a date equivalent to 11 August, 3114 BC. However, according to "accepted history" the first clearly “Maya” settlements were established in approximately 1800 BC in Soconusco region of the Pacific Coast. This period, known as the Early Preclassic, was characterized by sedentary communities and the introduction of pottery and fired clay figurines.

quoted from wikipedia.

According to archaeological evidence, it has been shown that the ancient Mayans began building their characteristic ceremonial structures, known as Mayan Pyramids or Pyramid-Temples, about 3,000 years back, which were at first merely burial mounds, the forerunners of the magnificent stepped pyramids that belong to the Terminal Pre-Classic period and even earlier.

quoted from buzzle.com

evidence shows the Maya started to build ceremonial architecture approximately 3,000 years ago. The earliest monuments consisted of simple burial moundsTumulus

quoted from absolute astronomy

The Maya built massive stone pyramids, temples, and sculpture; developed a system of writing using hieroglyphs; and recorded their achievements in mathematics and astronomy. Archaeologists long believed that Maya culture reached its highest development from about ad 300 to 900, during what is known as the Classic period. Recent discoveries in northern Guatemala, however, have challenged that assumption. There, archaeologists have found highly developed cities, sophisticated art, and examples of Maya writing that date from as early as 600 years before the Classic period began.

quoted from msn encarta

thats 3000 years ago not 3000 bc
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

helicopter hieroglyph

Post by Bryn Mawr »

paintballmarshal;1256882 wrote: Advances such as writing, epigraphy, and the calendar did not originate with the Maya; however, their civilization fully developed them.

quoted from wikipedia.

The Maya calendar, which is based around the so-called Mesoamerican Long Count calendar, commences on a date equivalent to 11 August, 3114 BC. However, according to "accepted history" the first clearly “Maya” settlements were established in approximately 1800 BC in Soconusco region of the Pacific Coast. This period, known as the Early Preclassic, was characterized by sedentary communities and the introduction of pottery and fired clay figurines.

quoted from wikipedia.

According to archaeological evidence, it has been shown that the ancient Mayans began building their characteristic ceremonial structures, known as Mayan Pyramids or Pyramid-Temples, about 3,000 years back, which were at first merely burial mounds, the forerunners of the magnificent stepped pyramids that belong to the Terminal Pre-Classic period and even earlier.

quoted from buzzle.com

evidence shows the Maya started to build ceremonial architecture approximately 3,000 years ago. The earliest monuments consisted of simple burial moundsTumulus

quoted from absolute astronomy

The Maya built massive stone pyramids, temples, and sculpture; developed a system of writing using hieroglyphs; and recorded their achievements in mathematics and astronomy. Archaeologists long believed that Maya culture reached its highest development from about ad 300 to 900, during what is known as the Classic period. Recent discoveries in northern Guatemala, however, have challenged that assumption. There, archaeologists have found highly developed cities, sophisticated art, and examples of Maya writing that date from as early as 600 years before the Classic period began.

quoted from msn encarta

thats 3000 years ago not 3000 bc

Whether the first pyramids were built around 3,000 BC or 3,000 BP is largely immaterial, just a disagreement between the experts as to dates.

The important point is the one I've highlighted, the first mesoamerican pyramids were simple burial mounds and they evolved from there as a domestic phenomenon rather than springing up from nowhere when a group of outsiders arrived.

It is still possible that, although they were invented independently on both sides of the Atlantic, the Egyptians came along later and imported fresh technology and ideas - an unnecessary complexity but possible.

In order to argue that that was the case you would need to show that, at some point in their evolution the mesoamerican pyramids underwent a sudden and radical change of form and function moving towards their Egyptian counterparts of the same period. I can see no evidence that this is true.
paintballmarshal

helicopter hieroglyph

jim allen has very convincing evidence that south america is the lost continent of atlantis. a story told by the egyptians. how did they know about south america. could it be because thay went there? they had seafaring ships.

Richard Poe in “Black Spark, White Fire” argues that the assumption that the ancient Egyptians did not sail across the Mediterranean Sea is a carefully constructed scientific myth. Evidence that the ancient Egyptians did just that is similar to the volume of evidence that the Phoenicians and Minoans sailed that sea. Scientists willingly accept those cultures’ seafaring capability, yet illogically limit the ancient Egyptians’ capability to do the same.

Still, there is powerful evidence to show that the Egyptians did venture beyond the Nile. It is also known that they possessed a large fleet. And Thor Heyerdahl showed that even their “primitive boats” were able to master the currents of the oceans – thus very well equipped to master the much calmer waters of the Mediterranean Sea

and is it also a coincidence that the place where jim allen believes the lost city was is along the same coastline as the the other pyramid builders.

Return to “History”