This pictures says it all!!!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
cars

Post by cars »

Some things are just not allowed when soldiers are standing in formation. One of them is 4-year-old girls.

However, there was no soldier stern enough to pry this little daughter's hand from her father's hand, as he prepared to leave for a year-long deployment to Iraq. She was there with her mother & 10 month old sister to send himf off.

Almost immediately upon arrival, his commanding officer ordered the soldiers to fall in. "Gotta go," he told his family. But his daughter walked up behind him in formation, grabbed his right hand and would not let go.

The image immediately captured many of the other people's emotions.

The daddy/Soldier is scheduled to return home next July. Until then, he's transporting supplies across the Iraqi border. Hope he makes it back!

Iraq, Afganistan, is iran next, sure as hell hope not!!! :-3

Attached files
Cars :)
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

cars;1250066 wrote: Some things are just not allowed when soldiers are standing in formation. One of them is 4-year-old girls.

However, there was no soldier stern enough to pry this little daughter's hand from her father's hand, as he prepared to leave for a year-long deployment to Iraq.

Almost immediately upon arrival, his commanding officer ordered the soldiers to fall in. "Gotta go," he told his family. But his daughter walked up behind him in formation, grabbed his right hand and would not let go.

The daddy/Soldier is scheduled to return home next July. Until then, he's transporting supplies across the Iraqi border. Hope he makes it back!

The picture is priceless..and adorable. as for Iran I hope not either.
Odie

Post by Odie »

imaging her pain.......
Life is just to short for drama.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

A picture can indeed be worth a thousand words.

How long is this going to go on?
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
cars

Post by cars »

Wish they recalled Bush's old unit, & he would get to go back & finish what he started! :-5
Cars :)
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

along-for-the-ride;1250101 wrote: A picture can indeed be worth a thousand words.

How long is this going to go on?

Ditto, it must have been pretty traumatic for the Dad too, and any other Dad there in that line up. I hope and pray that he does return to his family and doesn't become just another statistic.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Too sweet

makes ya cry

no explanation needed

Patsy
TenneseeGirl

Post by TenneseeGirl »

I'm crying now... :-1
~~~~~

Just some food for thought. Swallow it or not that's up to you.:lips:
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

As the mother of a son who is in Afganistan until April and his daughter, who is 4 years old, this photo just tears at my heart.

I truly pray,with all my heart and soul, that our brave men all get to return home soon and never have to worry about going back.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Sunshine I hope and pray as well just has to stop bring our boys home. :yh_flag
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Ouch
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

Post by Odie »

Sunshine;1250262 wrote: As the mother of a son who is in Afganistan until April and his daughter, who is 4 years old, this photo just tears at my heart.

I truly pray,with all my heart and soul, that our brave men all get to return home soon and never have to worry about going back.

Your son should be commended Sunshine for a job that no one should have to endure.

I personally thank him for the worst job possible.

lets bring our men and women back home......now.
Life is just to short for drama.
princessladedah

Post by princessladedah »

That little girl wasnt afraid of the commander , however I bet the commander would have been afraid of chaos, if he made that lil sweetheart step back!!!
Raven

Post by Raven »

cars;1250066 wrote: Some things are just not allowed when soldiers are standing in formation. One of them is 4-year-old girls.

However, there was no soldier stern enough to pry this little daughter's hand from her father's hand, as he prepared to leave for a year-long deployment to Iraq. She was there with her mother & 10 month old sister to send himf off.

If that pic isnt breaking your heart, nothing will.

As for Iran, we wont start it. Israel will. And we will have to defend them...yada yada.
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

There are some images that will stay with you for the rest of your days.

For me, that's one of them :-4
Very nearly perfect ... :D
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Oh that poor baby...and her daddy too. It's heart wrenching to see. :(
lou lou belle

Post by lou lou belle »

What a lovely picture.

I have one of my sons when they were 5 and 2, my husband was serving in the marines and had come back from being away for a six month stint.

They didnt leave his side when he got off the plane. It brings back so many emotions. Its a tough life.

Return to “General Chit Chat”