Mustang's Ranch

qsducks

Mustang's Ranch

Post by qsducks »

Idgie;1146007 wrote: Sunshine, blue skies and 58º right now!!!! :-6 Gawd, I disliked coming back indoors after running my errands!

Rain forecasted for later tonight.

We are supposed to get drenched tomorrow which means I will have to pick up the kidlets:p
qsducks

Mustang's Ranch

Post by qsducks »

You mean the snow already has the exhaust look to it?
qsducks

Mustang's Ranch

Post by qsducks »

Idgie;1146020 wrote: yep....The sides of the road are so dirty looking where the snows plowed back. The street sweeper needs to get used soon to pick of tons of gravel left behind too from the salt trucks. yucky, dirty looking! :wah:

:lips::lips: Yuck is right. I like when it first snows but then the side of the road begins to look ugly.
Kindle

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Kindle »

Hey there cowboy............... it's time to rise up and greet the day! :-6

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
Mustang

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Mustang »

Kindle;1146699 wrote: Hey there cowboy............... it's time to rise up and greet the day! :-6

Hey I'll have you know i've been up greeting the day for well lets just say a short time now. :p :D

Good day to ya Kindle. :-6
Kindle

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Kindle »

I'll be off and running soon.

Daughter #1 is coming in late this afternoon, but is leaving tommorow (work). Will be good to see her.

I have lots of gifts for her................. Valentines, St Patrict's Day, I love you and am thinking of you gift, plus a combination birthday/Christmas one. It's a good thing her dog is small and her seats fold down in her car...... :yh_rotfl

Oh, I love my kids and gifting them! :-6 The grandsons are just too wonderful too.

Boy, am I feeling the love this morning, or what............................ :)

Mustang

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Mustang »

Kindle;1146758 wrote: I'll be off and running soon.

Daughter #1 is coming in late this afternoon, but is leaving tommorow (work). Will be good to see her.

I have lots of gifts for her................. Valentines, St Patrict's Day, I love you and am thinking of you gift, plus a combination birthday/Christmas one. It's a good thing her dog is small and her seats fold down in her car...... :yh_rotfl

Oh, I love my kids and gifting them! :-6 The grandsons are just too wonderful too.

Boy, am I feeling the love this morning, or what............................ :)

And what great gift should Mustang be looking for after all this love in the air. :yh_rotfl

Sounds like you will be having a real busy day Kindle. :)
Kindle

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Kindle »

Mustang;1146764 wrote: And what great gift should Mustang be looking for after all this love in the air. :yh_rotfl .............

You just keep checking on the mail..................... :D

Mustang

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Mustang »

Kindle;1146774 wrote: You just keep checking on the mail..................... :D

Just run out checking the mail box, and o nothing there is this like the check is in the mail or what. :yh_rotfl Will try once again later on. Maybe it's just to big to fit in the mail box. :wah: :D
qsducks

Mustang's Ranch

Post by qsducks »

Hey Mustang! Did you put a hex on us down here in the Southeastern part of the state? 6" and counting so far!:wah:
Odie

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Odie »

-just leaving now to do some grocery shopping, please make sure breakfast is ready when I return!:wah::driving:

and you know it has to be Canadian back bacon!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
ZAP

Mustang's Ranch

Post by ZAP »

Nevada's Most Infamous Brothel, Mustang Ranch, Back In Business!!! Oh, I guess 'Mustang'S Ranch' is different. Is it anything like the Chicken Ranch?
Kindle

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Kindle »

Hey there...............

Hi there!

Good to see the Ranch open again. :D

Odie

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Odie »

Kindle;1250413 wrote: Hey there...............

Hi there!

Good to see the Ranch open again. :D

Hi Kindle......now where is that masked man.:sneaky::yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Odie »

Zapata;1250370 wrote: Nevada's Most Infamous Brothel, Mustang Ranch, Back In Business!!! Oh, I guess 'Mustang'S Ranch' is different. Is it anything like the Chicken Ranch?

chicken ranch.....what is that.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
ZAP

Mustang's Ranch

Post by ZAP »

The Chicken Ranch is about 2 miles from my home in Nevada.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_Ranch_Nevada

Chicken Ranch (Nevada)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

This article is about the Chicken Ranch brothel in Nevada. For the Texas brothel, see Chicken Ranch (Texas).

Chicken Ranch, June 2007The Chicken Ranch is a legal, licensed brothel located about 60 miles (97 km) west of Las Vegas near the town of Pahrump, in Nye County, at 10511 Homestead Road. The 17 bed brothel[1] sits on 40 acres (16 ha) of land. A separate building, connected to the main house by a breezeway, contains three extensively decorated, themed "bungalows" catering to those customers wishing a more luxurious experience.

The ranch has a collection of memorabilia from the original Chicken Ranch which was located near LaGrange, Texas.

The Chicken Ranch once had a reputation for being pricey; prices start at $100 (the unofficial house minimum),[1] but the average amount for one hour of intercourse and oral sex is about $400. Like most legal brothels in the state, the house receives 50% of that money. Since the change of ownership of neighboring competitor Sheri's Ranch, and its subsequent lavish remodeling and expansion, the "pricey" label has generally been applied by most to that brothel rather than to the Chicken Ranch.[citation needed]

The ranch also houses the Leghorn Bar. The bar has a separate entrance for customers not wishing to enter the brothel parlor.

Contents [hide]

1 History

2 Books, movies, TV shows

3 See also

4 References

5 External links

[edit] History

Roadside billboard for the Chicken RanchWalter Plankinton opened the Nevada Chicken Ranch in 1976[1] as close to Las Vegas as legally possible. He encountered severe opposition from local law enforcement and other brothel owners:[2]

The initial location of the Chicken Ranch was inside the town limits of Pahrump, where prostitution was illegal. Plankinton was arrested and had to move the brothel to a new location. After lengthy appeals he had to serve 60 days in jail in 1981.

Nye County did not require brothels to be licensed in 1976, and three other brothels operated legally in the county at the time. Nevertheless, officials circulated a petition opposing the Chicken Ranch and then tried to close it down as a "public nuisance per se". The resulting court case reached the Nevada Supreme Court, which ruled in Plankinton's favor in 1978 (Nye County v. Plankinton, 94 Nev. 739, 587 P.2d 421 (1978)).

In 1978, the Chicken Ranch was burned to the ground, allegedly by arsonists who had been hired by Bill Martin, owner of the Shamrock brothel in Lathrop Wells. The twelve prostitutes and two employees barely survived. Plankinton reopened with a new set of trailers 5 days later.

In 1982, Plankinton sold the Chicken Ranch for $1,000,000 to Kenneth Green, a San Francisco business man. Green hired Russel Reade, a friend and ex-teacher, as manager. Some progressive rules were established; for instance, the brothel counsels the working women about retirement savings and health insurance.

Chicken Ranch Airport was closed in 2004.[3]

On February 8, 2006, the ranch accepted a purchase offer for $5.2 million.

[edit] Books, movies, TV shows

Jeanie Kasindorf's book Nye County Brothel Wars (Linden Press/Simon & Schuster 1985) describes the opposition Plankinton encountered in Nye County.

In 1983, the house was the subject of the documentary Chicken Ranch by filmmaker Nick Broomfield.

In October 2003, the brothel was featured on the Comedy Central show Wanda Does It.

The six part Sundance Channel series Pleasure for Sale (2008) documented life in the Chicken Ranch, describing the sometimes tense relations among the prostitutes working there.[4]

[edit] See also

Prostitution in Nevada

List of brothels in Nevada
Odie

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Odie »

Zapata;1250460 wrote: The Chicken Ranch is about 2 miles from my home in Nevada.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_Ranch_Nevada

Chicken Ranch (Nevada)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

This article is about the Chicken Ranch brothel in Nevada. For the Texas brothel, see Chicken Ranch (Texas).

Chicken Ranch, June 2007The Chicken Ranch is a legal, licensed brothel located about 60 miles (97 km) west of Las Vegas near the town of Pahrump, in Nye County, at 10511 Homestead Road. The 17 bed brothel[1] sits on 40 acres (16 ha) of land. A separate building, connected to the main house by a breezeway, contains three extensively decorated, themed "bungalows" catering to those customers wishing a more luxurious experience.

The ranch has a collection of memorabilia from the original Chicken Ranch which was located near LaGrange, Texas.

The Chicken Ranch once had a reputation for being pricey; prices start at $100 (the unofficial house minimum),[1] but the average amount for one hour of intercourse and oral sex is about $400. Like most legal brothels in the state, the house receives 50% of that money. Since the change of ownership of neighboring competitor Sheri's Ranch, and its subsequent lavish remodeling and expansion, the "pricey" label has generally been applied by most to that brothel rather than to the Chicken Ranch.[citation needed]

The ranch also houses the Leghorn Bar. The bar has a separate entrance for customers not wishing to enter the brothel parlor.

Contents [hide]

1 History

2 Books, movies, TV shows

3 See also

4 References

5 External links

[edit] History

Roadside billboard for the Chicken RanchWalter Plankinton opened the Nevada Chicken Ranch in 1976[1] as close to Las Vegas as legally possible. He encountered severe opposition from local law enforcement and other brothel owners:[2]

The initial location of the Chicken Ranch was inside the town limits of Pahrump, where prostitution was illegal. Plankinton was arrested and had to move the brothel to a new location. After lengthy appeals he had to serve 60 days in jail in 1981.

Nye County did not require brothels to be licensed in 1976, and three other brothels operated legally in the county at the time. Nevertheless, officials circulated a petition opposing the Chicken Ranch and then tried to close it down as a "public nuisance per se". The resulting court case reached the Nevada Supreme Court, which ruled in Plankinton's favor in 1978 (Nye County v. Plankinton, 94 Nev. 739, 587 P.2d 421 (1978)).

In 1978, the Chicken Ranch was burned to the ground, allegedly by arsonists who had been hired by Bill Martin, owner of the Shamrock brothel in Lathrop Wells. The twelve prostitutes and two employees barely survived. Plankinton reopened with a new set of trailers 5 days later.

In 1982, Plankinton sold the Chicken Ranch for $1,000,000 to Kenneth Green, a San Francisco business man. Green hired Russel Reade, a friend and ex-teacher, as manager. Some progressive rules were established; for instance, the brothel counsels the working women about retirement savings and health insurance.

Chicken Ranch Airport was closed in 2004.[3]

On February 8, 2006, the ranch accepted a purchase offer for $5.2 million.

[edit] Books, movies, TV shows

Jeanie Kasindorf's book Nye County Brothel Wars (Linden Press/Simon & Schuster 1985) describes the opposition Plankinton encountered in Nye County.

In 1983, the house was the subject of the documentary Chicken Ranch by filmmaker Nick Broomfield.

In October 2003, the brothel was featured on the Comedy Central show Wanda Does It.

The six part Sundance Channel series Pleasure for Sale (2008) documented life in the Chicken Ranch, describing the sometimes tense relations among the prostitutes working there.[4]

[edit] See also

Prostitution in Nevada

List of brothels in Nevada

thank you Zap!

I had nooooooooo idea it was used for that.:yh_rotfl

I was thinking of some huge huge ranch where they actually raised chickens.

Mustang was here earlier today....think he flew the chicken`s coup!:yh_rotfl
Mustang

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Mustang »

Good morning ladies :-6

I see Odie swept up the place and took down the cobwebs. :wah: Hell woman, ya should've left them up in the spirit of Halloween! :yh_rotfl

ahahahaha.....what's all this talk about brothels? :wah:

It's more like :guitarist

YouTube - Justin Moore - Small Town USA

Just ate breakfast and heading out the door soon. Hope y'all have a great Sunday! :)
Kindle

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Kindle »

Morning Mustang. :-6

Nice lyrics to that tune............. Makes me all warm and friendly :D

Sunday is a day of community. Hope you enjoy the day as much

as I intend to...................

Speaking about Halloween.......... Are you going to be hosting an All Hallows Eve Stomp at the Ranch this year? I'se needs to know soon so I can get me an appropriate costume.

Odie

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Odie »

Mustang;1250883 wrote: Good morning ladies :-6

I see Odie swept up the place and took down the cobwebs. :wah: Hell woman, ya should've left them up in the spirit of Halloween! :yh_rotfl

ahahahaha.....what's all this talk about brothels? :wah:

It's more like :guitarist

YouTube - Justin Moore - Small Town USA

Just ate breakfast and heading out the door soon. Hope y'all have a great Sunday! :)

Hell, I haven`t thrown out the cobwebs yet!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

brothels.:sneaky::lips:

may Odie keep Justin Moore.:sneaky::yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

you have a good day Mustang!:guitarist
Mustang

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Mustang »

Kindle;1250890 wrote: Morning Mustang. :-6

Nice lyrics to that tune............. Makes me all warm and friendly :D

Sunday is a day of community. Hope you enjoy the day as much

as I intend to...................

Speaking about Halloween.......... Are you going to be hosting an All Hallows Eve Stomp at the Ranch this year? I'se needs to know soon so I can get me an appropriate costume.

Glad you liked the song Kindle. :guitarist

We worked outdoors most of the day and took a break for a late lunch when we remembered the Steelers were playing in the afternoon. They won 28-20.

Makes us 3-2 for the season. :-6

Halloween is 2-1/2 weeks away so you should have time to find a comstume. ;) Maybe Odie can decorate? :thinking:
Mustang

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Mustang »

Odie;1250898 wrote: Hell, I haven`t thrown out the cobwebs yet!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

brothels.:sneaky::lips:

may Odie keep Justin Moore.:sneaky::yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

you have a good day Mustang!:guitarist

:wah: Yeah, why not Justin is all yours. :p

What have you been up to today?
Odie

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Odie »

Mustang;1251117 wrote: :wah: Yeah, why not Justin is all yours. :p

What have you been up to today?

he looks yummy and I need some yummy!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

just picked up a few things, went for a long walk looking at all the colorful leaves and had a nice long nap.:D
Odie

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Odie »

Mustang;1251115 wrote: Glad you liked the song Kindle. :guitarist

We worked outdoors most of the day and took a break for a late lunch when we remembered the Steelers were playing in the afternoon. They won 28-20.

Makes us 3-2 for the season. :-6

Halloween is 2-1/2 weeks away so you should have time to find a comstume. ;) Maybe Odie can decorate? :thinking:

Kindle can bring the food.:sneaky::yh_rotfl

is this your horse Mustang.:yh_rotfl

Mustang

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Mustang »

Odie;1251122 wrote: he looks yummy and I need some yummy!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

just picked up a few things, went for a long walk looking at all the colorful leaves and had a nice long nap.:D

His woman in the video wasn't too bad either :sneaky: :p

The leaves are getting colorful now. Our leaf blower is sure getting a workout daily. With the colder temperatures, they are falling like crazy.
Odie

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Odie »

Mustang;1251124 wrote: His woman in the video wasn't too bad either :sneaky: :p

The leaves are getting colorful now. Our leaf blower is sure getting a workout daily. With the colder temperatures, they are falling like crazy.

what woman.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I just found a leaf collector..which is easier for me to use.

it looks the same as a lawnmower, its not gas nor electric...I push it and it collects the leaves up..to cool.....and this way I don`t have to bend with a leaf blower.

still have to bend to get the leaves out and bag them...but all in all.....so much easier than holding a leaf blower as well.

off for dinner as its after 7pm here.

talk to you later.....I hope you made your wife something good for dinner.:sneaky::yh_rotfl
Mustang

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Mustang »

How's an ice cream sundae for dinner? :D We ate a late lunch watching football so neither one of us is really hungry.

Enjoy your meal Odie!
Odie

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Odie »

Mustang;1251142 wrote: How's an ice cream sundae for dinner? :D We ate a late lunch watching football so neither one of us is really hungry.

Enjoy your meal Odie!

a sundae sounds heavenly, but I have been watching my food intake, no fats, carbs or butter.

I`m now eating fish, lean cuisines and veggies, no butter anymore, becel...have been losing weight and walking and I have so much more much energy now.

did your football team win......
Kindle

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Kindle »

I'll have a menu for the party soon.

Am gonna look for a neat costume now...... Are you doing a theme this year????

Odie

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Odie »

hello?

anyone live at this ranch?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Odie brought cocktails.:guitarist

Mustang

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Mustang »

No, I don't live here I only visit. :wah: :p

I thought you were a pina colada type of lady Odie? :thinking:

I see Kindle is getting into the Halloween spirit, off looking for a costume and planning a menu. :-6 Wonder what kind of theme we should go with?
Odie

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Odie »

Mustang;1252537 wrote: No, I don't live here I only visit. :wah: :p

I thought you were a pina colada type of lady Odie? :thinking:

I see Kindle is getting into the Halloween spirit, off looking for a costume and planning a menu. :-6 Wonder what kind of theme we should go with?

shhhhhhhhh.....everyone thinks you live here.:sneaky::yh_rotfl

the drinks were for you and Kindle.:guitarist

I hope she buy pizza.:sneaky:
Kindle

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Kindle »

Okie dokie folks.............. Here's what I'm thinking so far:

Small round tables scattered about 'the great room with white linen table cloths flowing down. Upon the tops of the tables, a large square of orange on some and a square of black on others.

For centerpieces we shall have a small clear glass fish bowl half filled with brown and orange M&M's and chocolate covered pretzel sticks standing up in the candy. A truely edible centerpiece for all................... :D

ZAP

Mustang's Ranch

Post by ZAP »

Wal, thet sounds jest lovely, Ducky, or jest ducky, Lovely. Somethin' like thet. D'ya have a costume picked out yet? Ah cain't decide between my black satin shirt, black leather hot pants, high boots (black), black hat & lime green boa OR red silk shirt, red Levi's, red boots & red hat with a big red feather. Ya got ennythin' ta drink on your horizon?:yh_cowboy:yh_star Oh, yeah, I got a star I kin wear for my joolery.
Odie

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Odie »

Kindle;1252939 wrote: Okie dokie folks.............. Here's what I'm thinking so far:

Small round tables scattered about 'the great room with white linen table cloths flowing down. Upon the tops of the tables, a large square of orange on some and a square of black on others.

For centerpieces we shall have a small clear glass fish bowl half filled with brown and orange M&M's and chocolate covered pretzel sticks standing up in the candy. A truely edible centerpiece for all................... :D

ohhhhhhhhhh table cloth sounds lovely.

and candies.:sneaky::yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Odie »

Zapata;1252942 wrote: Wal, thet sounds jest lovely, Ducky, or jest ducky, Lovely. Somethin' like thet. D'ya have a costume picked out yet? Ah cain't decide between my black satin shirt, black leather hot pants, high boots (black), black hat & lime green boa OR red silk shirt, red Levi's, red boots & red hat with a big red feather. Ya got ennythin' ta drink on your horizon?:yh_cowboy:yh_star Oh, yeah, I got a star I kin wear for my joolery.

sexy lady!:guitarist

I think I'll dress up as a cowgirl.:sneaky:
Mustang

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Mustang »

I found the perfect pumpkin....:D

and will these drinks do? :wah:

Odie

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Odie »

Mustang;1253202 wrote: I found the perfect pumpkin....:D

and will these drinks do? :wah:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

be afraid, be very afraid!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Mustang

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Mustang »

Odie;1253219 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

be afraid, be very afraid!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:yh_rotfl

Liked that 'eh? :wah: ;)
Mustang

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Mustang »

We need music too! :p

YouTube - Halloween Theme Song

:D
Odie

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Odie »

Mustang;1253221 wrote: :yh_rotfl

Liked that 'eh? :wah: ;)

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

love the Ghost Bar!:yh_rotfl

and the skeletons hand.:wah::wah:
Odie

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Odie »

Mustang;1253223 wrote: We need music too! :p

YouTube - Halloween Theme Song

:D

OMG........those movies are way to much for Odie to handle!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Mustang

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Mustang »

Odie;1253228 wrote: OMG........those movies are way to much for Odie to handle!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

hehehehe.....your back door is locked now isn't it Odie? :sneaky: :wah: ;)
Odie

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Odie »

Mustang;1253233 wrote: hehehehe.....your back door is locked now isn't it Odie? :sneaky: :wah: ;)

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I remember that!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

must lock door before leaving!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Odie »

we'll watch this one in HD!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

YouTube - Michael Jackson Thriller HD Beat It Bad Album
Mustang

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Mustang »

SyFy is running the "Saw" movies today. :yh_nailbi Ever see them?

Those are better then the Halloween ones.
Odie

Mustang's Ranch

Post by Odie »

Mustang;1253236 wrote: SyFy is running the "Saw" movies today. :yh_nailbi Ever see them?

Those are better then the Halloween ones.

oh noooooooooooooo!:yh_chickn

just the previews were bad enough!

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”