I've had enough of this

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
RedGlitter

I've had enough of this

Post by RedGlitter »

The OP has been deleted after being reported by members whose names were mentioned in it. (in violation of TOS)
qsducks

I've had enough of this

Post by qsducks »

Good going Reds...you told them off & I'm proud of you...I know babe, you were so majorly pissed...I know where to find you but won't tell "them". I'm surprised you didn't come after some other mods..the ones where it has gone to their heads. Oh I know I'll hear the same old yada yada about mod bashing, but I agree some are a real piece of superficial work:wah:...the 5 names I told you about...really not a nice lot...wait I forgot one...you mentioned it in your post above. I'll tell you later:sneaky:. Ok, I'llsee you on you know where:sneaky:
CARLA

I've had enough of this

Post by CARLA »

You have been banned that is your request as the Sh*t heap isn't a place for you any longer.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

qsducks

I've had enough of this

Post by qsducks »

CARLA;1238766 wrote: You have been banned that is your request as the Sh*t heap isn't a place for you any longer.

I think she will quite happy Carla...I know where to reach her & will pass it on.
hoppy

I've had enough of this

Post by hoppy »

Damn! I leave to do laundry, eat dinner and take a nap and miss everything.:(
Kathy Ellen

I've had enough of this

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Why did you do this Ducky:-3.... now you're banned....:( Geeze....
luciferjohn

I've had enough of this

Post by luciferjohn »

:eek: wow:eek:
:driving:lookout smart guy talkin:guitarist:yh_devil:yh_ghost:
The Rob

I've had enough of this

Post by The Rob »

What-uh the Hell-uh?? :-2
along-for-the-ride

I've had enough of this

Post by along-for-the-ride »

9 - Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night.

ALL ABOUT EVE 1950

I don't know what is happening in RG's Real Life that caused this emotional tirade. I feel a sense of pity and compassion for her. There are other ways to express ones anger and dissatifaction with a goup of people. Just leaving and closing a door behind you is sufficient. Screaming and slamming the door is rather childish.

I have not been aware of this undertone of hostility in the Garden and I come here regularly.

It hurts me when a friend is hurt.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Carolly

I've had enough of this

Post by Carolly »

Some may not realise this as I dont go round shouting about it but im a Mod here and I dont think im a bad person and yes some may not like me but its got nothing to do with my Modding.Anyway have you any idea whats it like to read how nasty you are as when Members slag off the Mods that includes us all.RG worked with us at one time and it didnt work out .What she put here tonight shocked me tbh and im still stunned by all this and also Ducky happens to be a friend of mine and I am gutted at what had to be done.Because when Members are banned.....infracted...whatever dont make us happy.We dont go and laugh and say Ha Ha good job.I for one will miss Ducky...im sad she was banned and at times like this it stinks being a Mod.We will get more hassle now of that I am sure but also you have to remember the things you like us doing which is most of the time keeping a happy board.Some cruel words were said tonight and its not true you know that written words dont hurt.....they bloody do.
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
kayleneaussie

I've had enough of this

Post by kayleneaussie »

Well I for one am Happy Red has been banned and I hope its for good.....Her post is disgusting and totally uncalled for:(
FOC THREAD PART 1
Kathy Ellen

I've had enough of this

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I've lost 2 very good friends tonight. It never ceases to amaze me as to how quickly the tide turns.......feel like I'm in mourning right now...very sad for me:( I don't think I'll be sleepin tonight.
Sunshine

I've had enough of this

Post by Sunshine »

It is sad when adults act like children. Not that I am pointing any fingers, but there have been posts from many others that were more offensive and they got away with it.

Ducky and RG....:yh_hugs:-4
flopstock

I've had enough of this

Post by flopstock »

Kathy Ellen;1238867 wrote: I've lost 2 very good friends tonight. It never ceases to amaze me as to how quickly the tide turns.......feel like I'm in mourning right now...very sad for me:( I don't think I'll be sleepin tonight.

I doubt that you've lost a friend tonight KE. I would certainly think they both still think the world of you and will stay in contact with you.:-4
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Kathy Ellen

I've had enough of this

Post by Kathy Ellen »

flopstock;1238873 wrote: I doubt that you've lost a friend tonight KE. I would certainly think they both still think the world of you and will stay in contact with you.:-4

Oh, thank you so much Diane:-4.....I really needed that pick me up!! I'm just sitting here in shivah right now and then see your post. Why are you so good to me:wah: You just made me cry there.

I know that I'll still have them as friends, but they won't be here in FG. It's like Chonsi said...when you come home and open your door to your parlour all of your friends are there. And, that's how I feel about FG. I don't care if some members here make fun of us on other forums because I still believe that they still want to be here but just can't get along with other members.

I know where they are and will always keep in touch with Terri & Jeanne:-4

In fact, I just had a long conversation with Jeanne tonight:-6

Thanks Diane:-4 That meant a lot to me.
AussiePam

I've had enough of this

Post by AussiePam »

PM me where they are, please Kathy. I don't agree with what either of them said, and one went way too far. But I did actually see what happened this time. And justice seemed rather one sided.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

flopstock

I've had enough of this

Post by flopstock »

AussiePam;1238882 wrote: PM me where they are, please Kathy. I don't agree with what either of them said, and one went way too far. But I did actually see what happened this time. And justice seemed rather one sided.

Red said something about EA in her PM to me that I read a bit ago. Don't have a clue what it means, but I think I asked before and someone told me. :thinking:

I do know it's a site.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Kathy Ellen

I've had enough of this

Post by Kathy Ellen »

AussiePam;1238882 wrote: PM me where they are, please Kathy. I don't agree with what either of them said, and one went way too far. But I did actually see what happened this time. And justice seemed rather one sided.

I will do that Pam:-6
Kathy Ellen

I've had enough of this

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Kathy Ellen;1238885 wrote: I will do that Pam:-6

Oy vey Pam..my laptop just shut down on me. I'll send you that info now....
AussiePam

I've had enough of this

Post by AussiePam »

Thanks Kathy and Floppy. I am sad all this has happened. It diminishes all of us.

I've just finished making the mixture for the French madeleine cakes for this afternoon's book club meeting. The batter needs to chill for 2 hours before I bake. For Proust these little delicacies held an almost mystical significance. They drew him out of the troubles of everyday life into a tiny point of meaning, outside time and space, triggering memories of happy times and stuff like that. Maybe it's not a complete coincidence that these are on this afternoon's menu.

Keep the faith!

Kathy Ellen

I've had enough of this

Post by Kathy Ellen »

My laptop has shut down 3 times Pam but I finally pm'd you the info:-6
almostfamous

I've had enough of this

Post by almostfamous »

flopstock;1238883 wrote: Red said something about EA in her PM to me that I read a bit ago. Don't have a clue what it means, but I think I asked before and someone told me. :thinking:

I do know it's a site.

euphoricarythmia is the forum. That's where a bunch went ages ago. It sucks, so I hope she has more fun there :yh_giggle

I thought I'd go on and tell ya cuz I'm in a 'I don't care what you think' kinda mood :sneaky:
AussiePam

I've had enough of this

Post by AussiePam »

Got it, Kathy, thankyou. I'm told my email address is banned there. Ah well... not a problem. Seems to be a lot of banning about today. This is a first for me, so finally I feel somehow in the in group, or maybe the out group. I'm included in the excluded.

Deep thought... :-3:thinking:

--And just exactly at this moment my iPod has started playing That is Bad, That is Very Very Bad... from a CD labelled St Tropez.

Back to the madeleines!!! Or maybe the beach. St Trop is probably fantastic right now as the Parisians return north for La Rentree. :-6

almostfamous

I've had enough of this

Post by almostfamous »

AussiePam;1238901 wrote: I'm told my email address is banned there.

:wah: Now, THAT is ridiculous. I have one that they don't even know is me :sneaky::sneaky:
AussiePam

I've had enough of this

Post by AussiePam »

I hate intrigue of any kind, af, so am probably just basically unsuited to all online life anyway. It's no big deal. I gotta do some work.. before the book club. Catch you later.

Mariposa Traicionera

I've had enough of this

Post by Mariposa Traicionera »

Wow. I didn't have a lot of time to get to know Red Glitter, but I saw enough to know that she and I were likeminded in opinions. Still, her swan song was a bit OTT. But Ducky banned for simply posting in support of her, and speaking of unnamed mods? Very disconcerting. I was planning to become a contributing member, but I'm having second thoughts now as I ponder how heavy handed moderation is here...
almostfamous

I've had enough of this

Post by almostfamous »

Yeah, I don't quite understand the Ducks thing myself but who knows..
Kathy Ellen

I've had enough of this

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Pam, that is so funny. How can your email addy be banned there. Maybe someone has the same addy as you:confused:
spot

I've had enough of this

Post by spot »

Kathy Ellen;1238907 wrote: Pam, that is so funny. How can your email addy be banned there. Maybe someone has the same addy as you:confused:

Some boards refuse to allow an email address to be used to set up an account if it's already in use on an existing account (either a live one or one that's been removed in some sense or other). I don't expect it'd use the word "banned" but it would refuse to accept the address during a registration. Maybe that's behind AF's puzzle. Nobody else could be using it though because accounts need activating to confirm the user has access to the address given.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Carolly

I've had enough of this

Post by Carolly »

flopstock;1238883 wrote: Red said something about EA in her PM to me that I read a bit ago. Don't have a clue what it means, but I think I asked before and someone told me. :thinking:

I do know it's a site.Its a Site where RG is a Mod and where some former FG Members are.I was there for a while but IMO theres just to many Game Threads there now but if you like going on them its fine.
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
farmer giles

I've had enough of this

Post by farmer giles »

TERRI AND DUCKZILLA I WILL MISS YOU BOTH :-6:-6

ooops cap lock not shouting :o:o

you guys can always keep in touch with your fg friends via facebook

i can hardly get logged on to anything anymore as my daughter is now my laptops siamese twin:-5:-5

take care people love to you all :):)

farmer jimbo has more pressing matters to deal with in real life than having forum tantrums these days :thinking::thinking:

oh the good old days when i could spend all day mulling over if i had been insulted by some one on the internet:thinking:

guys if you really have nothing horrible going on in your lives and the worst thing you have to deal with is a forum spat...lucky lucky lucky you :thinking:

some people have bad health problems,dying children,very ill children,very ill partners and very bad stuff going on ...just trying to keep this in perpsective here

its an internet hissy fit thrown by a few people we dont really hate each other dp we now :-6:-6
spot

I've had enough of this

Post by spot »

Mariposa Traicionera;1238905 wrote: I'm having second thoughts now as I ponder how heavy handed moderation is here...Watch for a while and come to your own conclusion. A burnout like this one's rare. Shutting the duck up is part of a chain of events, not the act of an evening.

You may know boards with fewer posting-member bans than FG but I don't. The odd thing is that the places ex-FG members end up are all far less tolerant of dissent than here. They're less well laid out too.

Anyone seeking out casualties from this or any previous meltdown could look athttp://euphoricarythmia.com/ ("We don't take ourselves too seriously" - RedGlitter's homebase where she moderates)

http://24hourforums.com (Elsie runs some part of that)

http://mockforums.com (Snooze and Franky's hangout, check your underwear for stains when leaving)

Other refuges for the bewildered seem to have fallen into disuse - cya, madchatters, yourhomeforum are all dead and buried as far as I can see.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bill Sikes

I've had enough of this

Post by Bill Sikes »

RedGlitter;1238749 wrote: (snip)

Bye bye RG, very sorry to see you go.

RedGlitter;1238749 wrote: TOMBSTONE: Take a look at fifteen thousand posts I leave behiond and my join date. Take a look at every other former member who took time to write you and tell you your forum was going into the crapper. You gave up on this place; it is obvious, and now so do I.

BRYN: That ridiculous infraction you just sent me for "posting another's PM" knowing it's against the frigging law? Well, politely said, you know where youcan put it. Somehow getting an infraction three days after the fact just doesn't do much, you know? I have a feeling that's more of a "stickin' it to ya" than an infraction.

There's a big pop at "rules" and "moderation" there. In my opinion, the rules which came in only a little while ago, are counterproductive vis-à-vis "calming" the Forum, leading to further bad feeling when people can't express their views in the accustomed way, and leading to serious events such as this. Before the "rules", there were only two incidents AFAIR of people being kicked out, or withdrawing - now, it seems to me, people are banned or censured much, much more often. It very obviously leads to a "them and us" standpoint, and much pent-up feeling. It's not good.
AussiePam

I've had enough of this

Post by AussiePam »

spot;1238922 wrote: Some boards refuse to allow an email address to be used to set up an account if it's already in use on an existing account (either a live one or one that's been removed in some sense or other). I don't expect it'd use the word "banned" but it would refuse to accept the address during a registration. Maybe that's behind AF's puzzle. Nobody else could be using it though because accounts need activating to confirm the user has access to the address given.

It was my email not AF's. So the fact you're still posting in here means you didn;t get banned. Spot???!!!! Very selective. But actually, I'd rather no one got banned at all. Moving on....

Betty Boop

I've had enough of this

Post by Betty Boop »

I have to say Bill that there have always been wars here moderators or no. Moderators are required just to deal with amount of spam we get hit with here. As a moderator I am more than happy to keep deleting the spammers, they are becoming a persistent lot though. :rolleyes:

FG is lightly moderated, and guess what, we only moderate on reported posts, so if people would stop fighting and falling out amongst themselves and reporting others in their all out wars, we wouldn't have to deal with these matters.
spot

I've had enough of this

Post by spot »

AussiePam;1238949 wrote: It was my email not AF's. So the fact you're still posting in here means you didn;t get banned. Spot???!!!! Very selective. But actually, I'd rather no one got banned at all. Moving on....

I can see why RedGlitter was banned, it's the first post of this thread. I'd be interested to see what I posted that you think warrants me going the same way. Perhaps you'd be good enough to show me.
Accountable

I've had enough of this

Post by Accountable »

Betty Boop;1238950 wrote: we only moderate on reported posts
That's wonderful news. I didn't know that. It definitely changes things.

:-6:-6:-6:yh_dance:-6:-6:-6
Betty Boop

I've had enough of this

Post by Betty Boop »

Accountable;1238953 wrote: That's wonderful news. I didn't know that. It definitely changes things.

:-6:-6:-6:yh_dance:-6:-6:-6

Obviously apart from where there is a violation of the rules laid down by the boss.

My point is that we are not here to be trawling the boards looking for things to take action on.
Accountable

I've had enough of this

Post by Accountable »

Betty Boop;1238954 wrote: Obviously apart from where there is a violation of the rules laid down by the boss.

My point is that we are not here to be trawling the boards looking for things to take action on.
Of course.

I assume mods are prohibitted from resporting posts themselves, right?
Betty Boop

I've had enough of this

Post by Betty Boop »

Accountable;1238958 wrote: Of course.

No, if we notice a break of rules we'll highlight it, posting pm's for example without a person's permission is something that would get reported. We spend most of our day reporting spammers posts. :-5
spot

I've had enough of this

Post by spot »

Accountable;1238958 wrote: I assume mods are prohibitted from resporting posts themselves, right?

It's even more restricted than that, so far as I can make out. If it's a personal matter then only the poster "attacked" can effectively report it. There has to be an expressed concern or upset on their part before the moderators consider responding in some way.
Clodhopper

I've had enough of this

Post by Clodhopper »

Well, if RG is that upset she's better off somewhere else.

Ah well. Anyone fancy a punch-up? Post me a thread and I'll flame it for you...:)
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Bill Sikes

I've had enough of this

Post by Bill Sikes »

Betty Boop;1238950 wrote: a) I have to say Bill that there have always been wars here moderators or no.

b) Moderators are required just to deal with amount of spam we get hit with here. As a moderator I am more than happy to keep deleting the spammers, they are becoming a persistent lot though.

c) FG is lightly moderated, and guess what, we only moderate on reported posts, so if people would stop fighting and falling out amongst themselves and reporting others in their all out wars, we wouldn't have to deal with these matters.

My additions of a), b), c) - for clarity.

a) Yes, of course.

b) Good Work!

c) My point about "the rules". There's far more to "report", because of the rather vague and silly (IMO) "rules", so there's far more "official" action that an individual or clique can *force* FG moderators to take - hence far more workload for moderators - and it only results in the same "wars", but with unexpressed opinion leading to trouble that can only be resolved in unfortunate ways (cf.).
mikeinie

I've had enough of this

Post by mikeinie »

It amazes me how people both take things so personally on forums.

This is the internet.

Forums can only be taken seriously to a degree. People will come and go all time and sh1t happens.

I have checked out other forums and the reason I tend to stay here is that there is often a good diversity of conversations going on with various opinions. The other reason is the speed of response. I have been on forums where it could be hours if not days before anyone else replies. Boring.

I don’t know what goes on in PM’s and emails, but post like this one sure makes it interesting.

I did like RG, I did not agree with all of her opinions, but they were her opinions and she has a right to them.

Controversy can and should be interesting as long as people keep it in line and not get too personal about it, I guess, but the thing is, if it does get too personal, who really cares, it’s the internet.

buttercup

I've had enough of this

Post by buttercup »

Clodhopper;1238965 wrote: Well, if RG is that upset she's better off somewhere else.

Ah well. Anyone fancy a punch-up? Post me a thread and I'll flame it for you...:)

Well................

I was thinking of posting the importance of new shoes. Mine are a dream come true, love them so much i'm going to take a photo.

Come into that thread and flame in it - its all out war.
chonsigirl

I've had enough of this

Post by chonsigirl »

Moderation note: The opening OP has been edited due to it's violation of TOS. The thread has been left intact.
spot

I've had enough of this

Post by spot »

chonsigirl;1239025 wrote: Moderation note: The opening OP has been edited due to it's violation of TOS. The thread has been left intact.

That's unfortunate. It painted a far more lurid and accurate image of the poster than of the people it referred to.
flopstock

I've had enough of this

Post by flopstock »

Accountable;1238958 wrote: Of course.

Of course we can report posts... theoretically we are supposed to be members also.. :rolleyes:

I reported a piece of crap just a couple of weeks ago.

I not only couldn't comment on it back there, my reported post was completely ignored..totally unfair, IMO.:p

But I don't think any of the others ever bother to report things personally.

kazalala

I've had enough of this

Post by kazalala »

I assume reds ban is for life,,, but can i ask how long is ducky's ban?

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Kathy Ellen

I've had enough of this

Post by Kathy Ellen »

kazalala;1239056 wrote: I assume reds ban is for life,,, but can i ask how long is ducky's ban?

Hi Kaz:-6

Both Terri and Ducky are banned for good...:mad:

Return to “General Chit Chat”