big brother faces the big axe the AA grumpy column

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
pantoandy

Post by pantoandy »

hello from a wet and windy grumpy towers.

despite the fact that its pi**ing down outside i found something today that really cheered me up that odious big brother is finally getting the chop :-6 :-6 :-6 :-6

BIG Brother is to be scrapped by Channel 4 after this year's ratings disaster, The Sun can reveal.

The axe comes as barely two million tune into the tenth series of the reality show - compared to eight million only a few years ago.

A telly insider last night confirmed an official announcement will be made as early as Friday, saying: "The reality is people are BORED with it. Even at Channel 4 the vibe among staff is that if you like Big Brother you're not cool.

"If the people commissioning the show don't think it's cool, what hope is there?"

The "bold experiment" that was launched in 2000 went on to make stars of housemates such as Jade Goody, Chantelle Houghton and the original Mr "Nasty" Nick Bateman.

But this year's dull crop - including mutton-chopped Wolverine lookalike Marcus - have proved the death knell.

One final series - the 11th - will be screened on C4 next year because of the channel's £180million deal with the show's makers Endemol.

But after that it will only go ahead if the production house can flog it to a rival channel.

At its peak Big Brother was a huge money-spinner - generating profits of £70million a year.

But insiders now say it is only just "washing its face" - industry speak for covering its costs.

They accuse the show of failing to win over the "Facebook generation" after being watered down to avoid controversy following the Shilpa Shetty race row on the celebrity version.

The source said: "The truth is nobody's talking about Big Brother any more."

Fans of Celebrity Big Brother are likely to still get their fix of it in January - since that is also part of C4's current deal.

Big Brother is axed as C4 faces reality that it is boring | The Sun |Showbiz|Big Brother

AAG

boring is not the word for BB its absolute tripe.

the only decent thing you really get on channel four is the occasional film that may be worth watching.

i have never liked this programme although i was very impressed with the celebrity escape over the rooftop and leo sayers dramatic exit from the house.

otherwise the programe has degenerated in to absolute tosh that only the clinicley dead watch or students as they are quite good at loafing idley about .

now we have got rid of this terrible programe lets persuade the bbc not do do red nose day.

although we could still do children in need if it goes to children here in the uk not abroad . ( thats another subject for discussion grumps you,re straying from the point ED )

i dread to think what other flannel channel 4 will come up with to replace BB although channel 5 i avoid like the plague .

thank goodness for my sky subscription i couldnt live without it i may just as well throw the telly out if i had to rely on the normal channels or i,d watch less tv every day.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Theres plenty of channels to choose from now, and plenty of variety in programmes for different tastes. If you dont like it dont watch it,,,its that easy:)

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Thank God and about time, it was nothing but a show parading around freaks with no talent trying to become famous for doing nothing. I haven’t watched it since the first series.

Return to “General TV Shows”