For this childs sake, it is time to stop....

Discuss the latest political news.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Paris tells Michael Jackson memorial: I love you so much Daddy | The Sun |News

There will always be divided views on whether allegations made against her father were true or not.

Let's remember that he was never convicted or arrested.

This poor child has to grow up and one day she may see the vile comments made on forums about the father she loved so much.

Even if i was not a MJ fan, this child's tearful speech reduced me to tears.

No-one knows the truth about those allegations so for this child's sake, is it not time to accept that no-one will ever know and leave her alone with the memories of what was to her, the best father in the world?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bez

Post by Bez »

totally agree !
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1214628 wrote: Paris tells Michael Jackson memorial: I love you so much Daddy | The Sun |News

There will always be divided views on whether allegations made against her father were true or not.

This poor child has to grow up and one day she may see the vile comments made on forums about the father she loved so much.

No-one knows the truth about those allegations so for this child's sake, is it not time to accept that no-one will ever know and leave her alone with the memories of what was to her, the best father in the world?

I fully agree, and after seeing Paris last night and showing just how much she loved her dad.........let it rest.
Life is just to short for drama.
Oscar Namechange

Odie;1214669 wrote: I fully agree, and after seeing Paris last night and showing just how much she loved her dad.........let it rest.

Her genuine tears may shame the world into leaving her alone although i doubt that. She will no doubt be the subject of mass intrusive media scrutiny for the rest of her life.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1214759 wrote: Her genuine tears may shame the world into leaving her alone although i doubt that. She will no doubt be the subject of mass intrusive media scrutiny for the rest of her life.

oh she will for sure, the family can't protect her forever.
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

No matter what I thought of MJ, his family let him down yesterday, he tried to protect his children from the media circus and what did they do let her say a few words in front of thousands of people and billions around the world.
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Odie

Post by Odie »

SuzyB;1214822 wrote: No matter what I thought of MJ, his family let him down yesterday, he tried to protect his children from the media circus and what did they do let her say a few words in front of thousands of people and billions around the world.

it was Paris' s idea.
Oscar Namechange

SuzyB;1214822 wrote: No matter what I thought of MJ, his family let him down yesterday, he tried to protect his children from the media circus and what did they do let her say a few words in front of thousands of people and billions around the world.
I half agree with you. Yet i think her appearence may have just been exactly what was needed to get through to everyone and the media that whatever people thought of him, he had children and they deserve to have their fathers memory left in peace.
Oscar Namechange

Odie;1214824 wrote: it was Paris' s idea. How very brave of her

:-4
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1214829 wrote: How very brave of her

:-4

it was indeed, she was so emotional!:-4
Oscar Namechange

Odie;1214832 wrote: it was indeed, she was so emotional!:-4 She had me in tears. It could have been any child standing there. It was very moving.
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

Odie;1214824 wrote: it was Paris' s idea.

It may well of been her idea but when she started breaking down someone (think the grandmother) got the microphone and shoved it near her face for her to finish talking.

My kids have many ideas but not all of them are the best thing for them, I just feel that something that MJ felt really strong about, wasn't upheld by his family.

Odie

Post by Odie »

SuzyB;1214843 wrote: It may well of been her idea but when she started breaking down someone (think the grandmother) got the microphone and shoved it near her face for her to finish talking.

My kids have many ideas but not all of them are the best thing for them, I just feel that something that MJ felt really strong about, wasn't upheld by his family.

she was only trying to help her finish.
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

Odie;1214847 wrote: she was only trying to help her finish.

Oh, well as long as you know that ;) :wah:

Odie

Post by Odie »

SuzyB;1214849 wrote: Oh, well as long as you know that ;) :wah:

that`s what it looked like to me, c`mon you really believe it was shoved in her face.:(
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

Odie;1214856 wrote: that`s what it looked like to me, c`mon you really believe it was shoved in her face.:(

I honestly do, she had broke down and was turning her head towards Janet (I think) her hand was violently shaking, whoever put there hand over her hand pushed it back towards her face, I went to a friends funeral and his 15 year old broke down while talking and his Mum got up to finish talking.

I am not going to argue with you Odie, have done far too much of that before, as my original post said, I feel that MJ spent many years protecting those children from the media, if he had still been alive and say Janet had died and Paris wanted to talk I dont believe for a second he'd of let them, my whole point is, when someone dies and you are trusted with the people that he held dearest would you go against the wishes of the dead person, no matter what the child said, if in fact she did suggest it.

I believe it was done for the effect that it had on people worldwide. But again that is my opinion.

Oscar Namechange

SuzyB;1214861 wrote: I honestly do, she had broke down and was turning her head towards Janet (I think) her hand was violently shaking, whoever put there hand over her hand pushed it back towards her face, I went to a friends funeral and his 15 year old broke down while talking and his Mum got up to finish talking.

I am not going to argue with you Odie, have done far too much of that before, as my original post said, I feel that MJ spent many years protecting those children from the media, if he had still been alive and say Janet had died and Paris wanted to talk I dont believe for a second he'd of let them, my whole point is, when someone dies and you are trusted with the people that he held dearest would you go against the wishes of the dead person, no matter what the child said, if in fact she did suggest it.

I believe it was done for the effect that it had on people worldwide. But again that is my opinion.
The thing that makes me think that's not the case is that MJ could not have envisgaged dying at 50. Like we all do, he probably assumed his kids would be grown up by the time he died. I doubt if he left any instructions as to weather he wanted the kids at his funeral or not. It's said that Paris chose to be do the speech. She may have been just over-come with nerves when it came to speaking..... that is not to say that she didn't want to be there or was forced to do it.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

We all have our own perceptions of Michael Jackson. We cannot trully know what went on in his mind and his personal life. Just what the media proclaims, or what "those who knew him" say.

My heart does go out to the children involved. Just by being born, they are part of this whirlwind of the father's fame and legacy. A young girl's personal pain and loss should not have been put on public display. This was, I believe, poor judgement by the family for allowing this to happen.

I do hope that their journey in this life is full of peace and fullfillment and joy and purpose.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
sharedfastlane

Post by sharedfastlane »

oscar;1214628 wrote: Paris tells Michael Jackson memorial: I love you so much Daddy | The Sun |News

Yeah I'm feeling a bit horrible for commenting that, from one photo or two, the children didn't look comfortable. I thought the Memorial service would give me closure, but not yet. I don't want him to be gone. There's so much spitefulness in society. Our current comedies on T.V. are soo clever but very cutting. And we may look to read commentary on situations to see what others feel, or what a journalist's take is on things, but the negative things weasle their way into our brains huh.
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

I disagree. The fact those kids were sheltered - in the way they were sheltered - was Michael Jackson. I think they will be much healthier kids in the arms of the loving Jackson family - exposed and protected. Who knows which one might be the next musician? I know Joe is out of it so those kids might have a chance.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Oscar Namechange

nvalleyvee;1215227 wrote: I disagree. The fact those kids were sheltered - in the way they were sheltered - was Michael Jackson. I think they will be much healthier kids in the arms of the loving Jackson family - exposed and protected. Who knows which one might be the next musician? I know Joe is out of it so those kids might have a chance. Well said.
Odie

Post by Odie »

nvalleyvee;1215227 wrote: I disagree. The fact those kids were sheltered - in the way they were sheltered - was Michael Jackson. I think they will be much healthier kids in the arms of the loving Jackson family - exposed and protected. Who knows which one might be the next musician? I know Joe is out of it so those kids might have a chance.

bravo!

Return to “Current Political Events”