The CG's gone, I see.

Big Business, Small Business, Investments, and Personal Finances
Bill Sikes

The CG's gone, I see.

Post by Bill Sikes »

I know it's only a bank, but it had a reasonable history as a Building Society, before around 1995. 1,500 jobs to go, adding to the ones already gone since the Lloyd's/HBOS merger (around 3,000) - with perhaps 15,000 more to go in the medium term.
spot

The CG's gone, I see.

Post by spot »

As Friendly Societies they were common property to all of us. That divisive bitch stole them when she pawned all the family silver and now the entire inheritance which had been built up over a hundred years is dissipated and worthless. While they were around they were a huge asset.

It was one of those that trained me as a programmer, my first job. I was proud to have been associated with them even then.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
gmc

The CG's gone, I see.

Post by gmc »

LLoyds would have been OK if they hadn't taken over hbos. I couldn't stand thatcher but at least she did things deliberately Gordon Brown is a moron.

YouTube - Part 1/2 Bird & fortune - Financial crisis - Silly Money, Nov 08
spot

The CG's gone, I see.

Post by spot »

I note that she broke her arm this week. One can only hope it falls off. Messily.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8097018.stm
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
gmc

The CG's gone, I see.

Post by gmc »

spot;1202500 wrote: I note that she broke her arm this week. One can only hope it falls off. Messily.

BBC NEWS | UK | UK Politics | Lady Thatcher treated after fall

Bit uncalled for I think. Compared to the damage tony blair and then gordon brown have done I could almost feel nostalgic about having her back.

Most destructive political leaders of the last fifty years, top three maggie thatcher, tony blair and gordon brown. Which is worst?
Bill Sikes

The CG's gone, I see.

Post by Bill Sikes »

gmc;1202506 wrote: Bit uncalled for I think. Compared to the damage tony blair and then gordon brown have done I could almost feel nostalgic about having her back.

Most destructive political leaders of the last fifty years, top three maggie thatcher, tony blair and gordon brown. Which is worst?

Blair, without a doubt.
spot

The CG's gone, I see.

Post by spot »

I note her shoddy useless criminal son Mark is back in the UK. Now would be a good moment to arrest him for trial in Equatorial Guinea on a charge of conspiracy to murder.
spot

The CG's gone, I see.

Post by spot »

Today's headline reads "Baroness Thatcher to go under the knife". They'd make a fortune if they raffled the task.

Return to “Wall Street to Main Street”