Was that MY Knee that just jerked?

flopstock

Post by flopstock »

I see all sorts of folks passing through my life, both virtual and real...and I don't pay much attention to them.

But let them talk of their 'religion' and the hairs on the back of my neck raise and I start to wonder how long it will take for them to begin to **** me off.:thinking:

I don't care what color you are. I don't care what your nationality is. I don't even mind your choice of music. Perhaps it is because I know that you aren't going to attempt to change me on any of the above...:p

But folks of any religious persuasion, have a need for me to see it their way, even though I have no need for them to see it mine. They tend to feel it is for my own good. They are just trying to enlighten me.

I like the folks that can tell me why they believe what they do, without trashing another belief in the process. I've found that type of folk harder to come by, in recent years. And for sure I want someone who is MORE then their religious belief.

I think for me, religion is what abortion and politics are for others. It's that one item I am willing to run/NOT WALK away from..:D

What topics make you cringe... besides butter refrigeration?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

flopstock;1200812 wrote: I see all sorts of folks passing through my life, both virtual and real...and I don't pay much attention to them.

But let them talk of their 'religion' and the hairs on the back of my neck raise and I start to wonder how long it will take for them to begin to **** me off.:thinking:

I don't care what color you are. I don't care what your nationality is. I don't even mind your choice of music. Perhaps it is because I know that you aren't going to attempt to change me on any of the above...:p

But folks of any religious persuasion, have a need for me to see it their way, even though I have no need for them to see it mine. They tend to feel it is for my own good. They are just trying to enlighten me.

I like the folks that can tell me why they believe what they do, without trashing another belief in the process. I've found that type of folk harder to come by, in recent years. And for sure I want someone who is MORE then their religious belief.

I think for me, religion is what abortion and politics are for others. It's that one item I am willing to run/NOT WALK away from..:D

may allah be with you :):)
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

farmer giles;1200814 wrote: may allah be with you :):)

and hannah montana with you my child...:p:-4
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Lon

Post by Lon »

I don't cringe at any topic. If I don't like it, I just walk away from or shut it off.
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

flopstock;1200815 wrote: and hannah montana with you my child...:p:-4

by shere coincedence my daughter 13 called me spamhead mantanner today :-5:-5
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

flopstock;1200812 wrote: I see all sorts of folks passing through my life, both virtual and real...and I don't pay much attention to them.

Hey Floppy;)

Words of wisdom my friend. I try....not always...to stay away from Politics, Religion and Philosophy. Oh yeah, and some of those self-help threads where you give advice that was asked for and the member keeps having the same problems over and over and over, and doesn't listen to a word that you said.:-5

I just kinda stay in my own little world of topics that hardly anyone likes....spicy foods, astronomy and oceanograph,:wah: and just post some things for some members who do like these threads and myself.
minks

Post by minks »

I hear ya Floppy.

I feel religion is a personal preference and when one speaks about their faith I think they should use words like I believe, I think, I feel.

I don't think they should ever they say things like you must, you better, you should when voicing their opinions.

When voicing opinions on anything really. That is something I think people get a little weird about.

Some people are so passionate about their beliefs (in all different things) that they want to force it upon others.

Some people are so uninterested or even put off by certain beliefs that we fail to see them as mere opinions.

Happens with your family, neighbors, cities, countries etc.

Opinions are opinions and unless they are harmful to others, then they just remain on mans thoughts.

Just my opinion.

As for topics that make me cringe??? I don't like the games ones hehehehe

Or the ones where someone is contstantly flogging their "anything", thread after thread, or ones where members follow others around just to pick them apart.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

That question from a complete stranger, "Have you been saved?"

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

along-for-the-ride;1201016 wrote: That question from a complete stranger, "Have you been saved?"

have i been saved i never even saw the goal keeper :)
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

along-for-the-ride;1201016 wrote: That question from a complete stranger, "Have you been saved?"

Not to mention the 'Jesus loves you' brigade that call out as you walk past.

Religion Politics and Football 3 things to avoid , so why is it when you are sitting at the bar that some 'flapdrol' starts up about 1 of the 3?

Return to “General Religious Discussions”