What are you having or had for dinner?

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

I hope my steak thaws out before dinner.....stir fry tonight with sirloin steak & loads of veggies. Lon will be happy:wah:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

qsducks;1188676 wrote: I hope my steak thaws out before dinner.....stir fry tonight with sirloin steak & loads of veggies. Lon will be happy:wah:

We enjoyed this dish last night...melt in your mouth steak. I made some soysauce with a bit of cornstarch added to it for thickness. OmG, yummo:-4 and then we had some more strawberry shortcake.:-4
Odie

Post by Odie »

Sunshine;1188665 wrote: I always seem to over cook it. do you judge the cooking time by how thick the peice is? I have also heard that farm raised salmon is not the way to go.

Nutrition

Salmon is low in saturated fats and calories, contains high levels of protein and healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are consider essential because our body cannot naturally produce them, but can be founds in foods like salmon. It also an extremely good source in other nutrients including selenium, niacin and vitamin B12 along with being a good source in many other vitamins and minerals. Wild salmon is far more nutritious in terms of fat and protein content. Wild fish contain 20% more protein, 20% less fat and are in general much smaller. Even being fattier, farmed raised contain much less usable omega-3 fatty acids and and contain higher levels of omega-6 fatty acids. The lower the ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids. Wild fish in general contain a much more favorable ratio of omega-3’s to omega-6. The ratio for salmon is 15:1 for wild as compared to 3:1 for farmed raised.

Love salmon like I said. I may have to pick some up tomorrow and try it again. Thanks for the cooking information. :-4

mmmmmmmmmm I love salmon!:guitarist:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Geeze...There has to be something wrong with me....

I hate to eat so many meats and fishes.... I can't stomach beef except for Sabrett's hot dogs and shrimp or lobster at times...

I think it all reverts back to when I dissected a chicken leg and realized that I was eating the muscle of an animal.. I never thought of that before.
Lon

Post by Lon »

I am very careful not to overcook salmon which makes it very dry and chewy. I prefer it grilled or broiled and even like it raw, in fact, I like a number of fishes raw and enjoy Japanese Sashimi from time to time. My favorite salmon is the Coho which has a distinctive flavor that distinguishes it from the Atlantic Salmon. Fish markets here in California add coloring to Atlantic Salmon to make it look more dalmon like. Normally the Atlantic Salmon in much paler in color compared to the different Pacific Salmon. I like just a bit of lemon juice on my salmon instead of killing the salmon flavor with different sauces.
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

qsducks;1189949 wrote: We enjoyed this dish last night...melt in your mouth steak. I made some soysauce with a bit of cornstarch added to it for thickness. OmG, yummo:-4 and then we had some more strawberry shortcake.:-4
What kind of steak did you use? I can never seem to get the right cut and it gets chewy. Hate that. Ruins the whole thing.
frugalgrannie

Post by frugalgrannie »

What a coincidence. I just fed my family salmon, with wild rice and cole slaw yesterday! I can't remember when we had salmon before that.

Spagetti today.
mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

Pasta with Sausage, Peppers n Onions!!!! :)

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Sunshine;1189994 wrote: What kind of steak did you use? I can never seem to get the right cut and it gets chewy. Hate that. Ruins the whole thing.

NY Strip steak...I cooked the veggies first and cut up the steak into bite sized pieces and threw that in with the soy sauce/cornstarch mix at the last moment. I let it cook on medium for about 5 min. until browned.:-4
Odie

Post by Odie »

frugalgrannie;1189999 wrote: What a coincidence. I just fed my family salmon, with wild rice and cole slaw yesterday! I can't remember when we had salmon before that.

Spagetti today.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that does sound good!:guitarist:guitarist
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Aspargus wrapped in ham with a nice sauce and fresh green beans.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Well yesterday I had Fresh Salmon with King Prawns....Coleslaw, Beetroot and Salad with dressing and Jacket Potato.....today Im off out for an Idian meal as its half price during the week and the food there is orgasmic:D:-4
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
frugalgrannie

Post by frugalgrannie »

Whoa!

Orgasmic, eh?

Enjoy! :)
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

I'm going to try Lon's meatloaf tonight posted on his Meatloaf thread. Also having baked potatoes & green beans.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Victoria;1190984 wrote: Aspargus wrapped in ham with a nice sauce and fresh green beans.

what time is dinner?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

The aspargus was devine yum yum:p ...tonight Im off for the photo shoot so quick dinner ,,Im giving them pasta, that will keep the men folk happy.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Victoria;1191599 wrote: The aspargus was devine yum yum:p ...tonight Im off for the photo shoot so quick dinner ,,Im giving them pasta, that will keep the men folk happy.

oh let us know how the photo shoot went ;):D

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Victoria;1191599 wrote: The aspargus was devine yum yum:p ...tonight Im off for the photo shoot so quick dinner ,,Im giving them pasta, that will keep the men folk happy.

That reminds me, I must buy asparagus!:D

good luck on the photo shoot!:guitarist:guitarist:guitarist
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Victoria...have you ever tried asparagus with minced garlic & olive oil? Broil the asparagus on both sides for about 4-5 min.:-4
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

having lasagne tonight with some green beans, new pots and cauli:D

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Pork roast on the grill with new potatoes, zucchini, eggplant & tomatoes.
mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

Stuffed Port. Mushrooms and a salad...quick n easy!!!:o

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

kazalala;1191626 wrote: having lasagne tonight with some green beans, new pots and cauli:D

changed new post for carrots:D

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Odie

Post by Odie »

kazalala;1191724 wrote: changed new post for carrots:D

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Yummy store brand roast beef sandwiches with cheese...gooey but delish, crispier fries & a caesar salad..a lite salad. Yummo...it called for extra napkins.:-4
Odie

Post by Odie »

t-bone steak and corn on the cob
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Honey mustard pork loin with loads of veggies in a stir fry. Lon, I saved you a seat...it's very juicy & tender.:p
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Oatmeal.
Odie

Post by Odie »

hoppy;1192499 wrote: Oatmeal.

actually that sounds good, think I will have that to with toast & peanut butter!:guitarist:guitarist

and, of course brown sugar and milk on the oatmeal.;)
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

hoppy;1192499 wrote: Oatmeal.

Hoppy, I have a seat reserved for you at my Memorial Day thread...no oatmeal:wah:
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Two cheeseburgers from Dairy Queen and a Mocha Moolate. Picked it up before I went to work and then ate it there.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Sunshine;1192579 wrote: Two cheeseburgers from Dairy Queen and a Mocha Moolate. Picked it up before I went to work and then ate it there.

oh god, that sound so good!
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Hotdogs & burgers tonight...just a preview of whats to come over the weekend. I have loads of dogs/burgers.
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Too tired to cook so ordered delivery. I had a Philly beef and cheese and was not pleased with it at all. I would love to get to try the real thing someday.
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Last night being friday we had fish .. wild salmon with cream spinach

tonight as its fat saturday ... bami ( chinese noodles) and lompia ( spring rolls?) with sate sauce..
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

We did another cookout...shrimp on skewers with pineapple, zucchini & red peppers with Italian marinade...baked clams, red bliss potatoes with zucchini & red peppers & garlic in a veggie marinade dressing & then sirloin steaks....god, it was a melt in your mouth orgasmic dinner.:-4 Dessert was a ginger cake with strawberries & whipped cream....Carolly, where were you?:thinking:
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Victoria;1193037 wrote: Last night being friday we had fish .. wild salmon with cream spinach

tonight as its fat saturday ... bami ( chinese noodles) and lompia ( spring rolls?) with sate sauce..

qsducks;1193760 wrote: We did another cookout...shrimp on skewers with pineapple, zucchini & red peppers with Italian marinade...baked clams, red bliss potatoes with zucchini & red peppers & garlic in a veggie marinade dressing & then sirloin steaks....god, it was a melt in your mouth orgasmic dinner.:-4 Dessert was a ginger cake with strawberries & whipped cream....Carolly, where were you?:thinking:

Drool to all of the above.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Sunshine;1193763 wrote: Drool to all of the above.

'sunshine, the steak was too die for...melted in our mouths..cooked to perfection:-4..gawd it was so delish...medium rare..I have some left over if you want home delivery.:wah:
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

qsducks;1193766 wrote: 'sunshine, the steak was too die for...melted in our mouths..cooked to perfection:-4..gawd it was so delish...medium rare..I have some left over if you want home delivery.:wah:

I am emailing my address as I type. Now there is multi-tasking. :yh_rotfl

Just to tease me a bit more, what kind of steak was it? Was it grilled? I shall dream of it tonight, I know I will.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Sunshine;1193774 wrote: I am emailing my address as I type. Now there is multi-tasking. :yh_rotfl

Just to tease me a bit more, what kind of steak was it? Was it grilled? I shall dream of it tonight, I know I will.

Sirloin cooked to medium rare on the grill. Don't think I wasn't thinking of the FG's when I was cooking it.:wah:...looking at some empty chairs...I have leftovers.:wah:
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

qsducks;1193778 wrote: Sirloin cooked to medium rare on the grill. Don't think I wasn't thinking of the FG's when I was cooking it.:wah:...looking at some empty chairs...I have leftovers.:wah:
Keep the outside light on, I'll be right there.

Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Time for me to call it a day.

Night everyone. See ya tomorrow. :-4
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Sunshine;1193783 wrote: Time for me to call it a day.

Night everyone. See ya tomorrow. :-4

Nite sunshine...I think it's gonna be cloudy tomorrow:wah:...anyways, sleep tight and see you later.
G-man

Post by G-man »

Ordered a pizza! :D

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

qsducks

Post by qsducks »

G-man;1193797 wrote: Ordered a pizza! :D

I've meaning to ask you...do you own super mario kart for the Wii?
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Dinner was lunch so I had chicken breast on an Asiago roll w/ sun dried tomaatos, boneless buffalo chicken wings, colby cheese and carrot cake

Thank you

Nomad
I AM AWESOME MAN
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Nomad;1193821 wrote: Dinner was lunch so I had chicken breast on an Asiago roll w/ sun dried tomaatos, boneless buffalo chicken wings, colby cheese and carrot cake

Thank you

Nomad

Oh Nomad,

I like lunch for dinner...no fuss...no muss;) I think I'm going to put on the barbie and grill us some chicken and put some sun dried tommos. But, I don't have asiago rolls...:thinking: must go to the store and buy some:p

I love carrot cake..
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Last night was lasange with fresh salad, and afters was fresh rhubarb crumble and cream the rhubarb was still quite chunky and tart the cream just sweetend it enough YUM...

But today I have no idea Ive run out of ideas!!!
Odie

Post by Odie »

its ony 7:30 am........will have to seriously think about this...sometime!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I'm off to the store to get some fresh veggies to grill tonight......:)

Return to “The Kitchen”