My unexpected phone call yesterday

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Ring ring, ring ring,

Hello....

Hello, is that Mr L***?

Yes,

Is J**** there by any chance?

Yes, who's calling please?

It's Inspector Kevin ******** of ****** **** Police

I'll pass you over.

Hello, is that J****?

Yeah..... who are you?

It's Inspector Kevin ******* of ****** **** Police

Right

I'm phoning to apologise personally to you. I know we took three and a half hours to get a unit to you successfully last night when you were having trouble with a large group of yobs annoying your elderly neighbours. As you know J***** we did attend twice but as the officer who finally arrived told you, we sent two units to the wrong end of your road by mistake and they left without doing anything. For this I can only apologise profusely and beg of you not to lose faith in us. As the Officer who did attend told you, it is vital you don't go out there and call us and let us deal with it.

'Why shouldn't i go out there'?

The last thing i want is you getting hurt.

'Yeah right'.

Please J***** don't lose faith in us. We badly let you down last night but you have my assurence that i have placed your address on the address priority list so the next time you call, you will get priority. You can ring ********** and check this out if you don't believe me as they will have it logged on the system. Now J*****, do you have a pen handy? I'm going to give you my private office number and i want you to call me if there is a repeat of this and you are waiting longer than 15 minutes for a car. Infact, you can ring me any time you like about these problems. If I'm not in the office, just leave a message and i'll call you the moment I'm on duty.

'Fair enough guv'.

ummmmm J***** by the way.... are you still on good terms with the ******* ******* Post newspaper?

'Yep'

Oh that's good.... yes, ummmm lovely. Soooooo, How's the campaigning going? Do you see much of that Tory MP lately?

'Yep' thanks for asking.

That's great, now don't forget to call me if you have any further problems will you?

'No, i won't.... Thank you Inspector'

OH THE POWER :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Did he really speak to you with all those asterisks?:confused:
Oscar Namechange

I have to say that the officer who did finally attend was absolutely brilliant. He screeched up with the blue's and two's flashing, jumped out the car and said to these 20 or so hoodies..... 'Right you lot, get the f***k out of here now!!'. One said 'We ain't done nuffin'. So he said 'I don't give a F***k..... Pisse off now, don't come back or I'll arrest the **********g lot of you for a section 5 public order offence.

Priceless..... we haven't seen them since :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

OpenMind;1186241 wrote: Did he really speak to you with all those asterisks?:confused: yeah :yh_rotfl
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

So your real name is Jasterisk Laskerisk. I see
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

oscar;1186242 wrote: I have to say that the officer who did finally attend was absolutely brilliant. he screeched up with the blue's and two's flashing, jumped out the car and said to these 20 or so hoodies..... 'Right you lot, get the f***k out of here now!!'. One said 'We ain't done nuffin'. So he said 'I don't give a F***k..... Pisse off now, don't come back or I'll arrest the ********** lot of you for a section 5 public order offence.

Priceless..... we haven't seen them since :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Officers of the law are not allowed to swear. I hope you reported him.:sneaky:
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1186246 wrote: So your real name is Jasterisk Laskerisk. I see That's me :yh_rotfl
daBunnyWendy7

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

Snowfire;1186246 wrote: So your real name is Jasterisk Laskerisk. I see

LOL!

Did you really have a bunch of thugs hanging out by your house? Awful!:mad:
Wendybunny

Everyone can make the world a better place!
Oscar Namechange

OpenMind;1186247 wrote: Officers of the law are not allowed to swear. I hope you reported him.:sneaky: You should have seen the kids faces when he swore..... it was priceless. They protested as well :yh_rotfl They tole him he wasn't allowed to swear and he said 'Well you've been F**king swearing outside these people's houses all night.

He actually phoned us tonight to see if we'd had any further problems and i told him i thought he was 'well minted'. I'm ringing the Inspector as well to praise the officer but i won't repeat what he said to the kids. :wah:
Oscar Namechange

daBunnyWendy7;1186250 wrote: LOL!

Did you really have a bunch of thugs hanging out by your house? Awful!:mad: Yes, unfortunately we live down a very road between fields which act as a good get away for them. Due to the road being private, there is no street lighting and it's very very dark at night. The youths do their drugs deals outside our houses because it's so quiet and there is no vechicle access except to residents so they go un-noticed. Or they thought they did :wah:
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

oscar;1186252 wrote: You should have seen the kids faces when he swore..... it was priceless. They protested as well :yh_rotfl They tole him he wasn't allowed to swear and he said 'Well you've been F**king swearing outside these people's houses all night.

He actually phoned us tonight to see if we'd had any further problems and i told him i thought he was 'well minted'. I'm ringing the Inspector as well to praise the officer but i won't repeat what he said to the kids. :wah:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl You're showing your age!!
Oscar Namechange

OpenMind;1186259 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl You're showing your age!! Watch it :sneaky:

My 80 yr old neighbour who watched all of this through an open window said to me after the officer had gone, in his best west country accent... 'ereee...they never talked like that in my day.... they used to say 'move along now lads'..... they changed a bit ain't they?' :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

oscar;1186277 wrote: Watch it :sneaky:

My 80 yr old neighbour who watched all of this through an open window said to me after the officer had gone, in his best west country accent... 'ereee...they never talked like that in my day.... they used to say 'move along now lads'..... they changed a bit ain't they?' :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Unfortunatly, swearing at the kids is the only way to get their attention these day, expecially that rowdy bunch.

How far do you think.. Move along now..thank you for your co-operation, have a nice evening...would have gotten him? I do hate it though, that we have to stoop to their level to get the requested response and action.
Oscar Namechange

Sunshine;1186307 wrote: Unfortunatly, swearing at the kids is the only way to get their attention these day, expecially that rowdy bunch.

How far do you think.. Move along now..thank you for your co-operation, have a nice evening...would have gotten him? I do hate it though, that we have to stoop to their level to get the requested response and action. Your spot on and i think it's why he did it as a shock tactic. They were all shouting and swearing for hours out there but he had to shout to be heard over them. He also spoke to them in their own language. It worked.... they just stood there open mouthed and then quietly left.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

It's a lack of respect that causes the kids to behave like this but that has to be taught them when they are infants.
Oscar Namechange

OpenMind;1186324 wrote: It's a lack of respect that causes the kids to behave like this but that has to be taught them when they are infants.
We'll, you know how i feel about the police but unfortunately we have do have a problem in this area with large gatherings of youths and anti-social behaviour. I was checking the website for my area the other day and you can google a crime map. Anti-social behaviour had risen over the year and those figures are just the one's they've caught and nicked. The police are seriously under-manned in this area which is some-thing i batter my local labour MP over. The officers just get sick to death of having to come out to these scroats and the criminal damage when they are under-manned and need to be attending more serious crime. I think that night, the officer was right at the end of his tether with them as they'd had many calls over the four hours they were out there threatening passers by etc. I had no sympathy for them being sworn at after my elderly neighbour politely asked them to move along and they threatened him...... the bastards. Also, i've often seen the police try to deal with large groups of them and the yobs just argue back with the police so his approach worked first time.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

You should send him a thank you note for making the whole dept. shine.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Oscar Namechange

Nomad;1186391 wrote: You should send him a thank you note for making the whole dept. shine. Unfortunately Nomie pomie...... There are not many like him in my local police force. Infact, he was the most UN politically correct officer i've ever met :yh_rotfl

I did enjoy the Inspector grovelling to me.... that was fun :D And I've got his office number now...... I can do things to him......evil things.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

oscar;1186252 wrote: You should have seen the kids faces when he swore..... it was priceless. They protested as well :yh_rotfl They tole him he wasn't allowed to swear and he said 'Well you've been F**king swearing outside these people's houses all night.

I love it when policeman swear at teenagers, they are in shock.:yh_rotfl

" You can't say that to us" .

" I ****ing can and will you little **** Now do what I ****ing told you to do " (snigger giggle) Love it
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

oscar;1186420 wrote: Unfortunately Nomie pomie...... There are not many like him in my local police force. Infact, he was the most UN politically correct officer i've ever met :yh_rotfl

I did enjoy the Inspector grovelling to me.... that was fun :D And I've got his office number now...... I can do things to him......evil things.

Now now settle down. lets not allow this new found power to go to yor head oscar!!!!
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

fuzzywuzzy;1186613 wrote: I love it when policeman swear at teenagers, they are in shock.:yh_rotfl

" You can't say that to us" .

" I ****ing can and will you little **** Now do what I ****ing told you to do " (snigger giggle) Love it 20 or so of these hoodies had been out there for four hours. They totally blocked the road with their motor scooters and threatened and abused anyone asking them if they could get by. They swore non stop for four hours loudly including the C word infront of elderly people and small children. Then they tell the officer 'you can't swear at us'.

I've never seen Oscar smile at an officer so much in years ;)
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

YOu should of taken a picture:yh_rotfl
scholle-kid

Post by scholle-kid »

fuzzywuzzy;1186614 wrote: Now now settle down. lets not allow this new found power to go to yor head oscar!!!!

I'm not sure and I could be wring , but I'm thinking it might be to late for this bit of advise,,,(bold text):-3 :-3
There are no savage and civilised peoples; there are only different cultures.
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

scholle-kid;1186631 wrote: I'm not sure and I could be wring , but I'm thinking it might be to late for this bit of advise,,,(bold text):-3 :-3 She's only joking. It took them three and a half hours to get a police car out to our elderly neighbours. The British guideline is 20 minutes maximum and she had to call back four times. They did send two cars but they were given wrong directions by central control and they went to the wrong end of the road. After the stink she caused over the war memorial being vandalised for years, they knew that because she had to wait three and a half hours for a car and then they admit they went the wrong way twice, they knew she'd go to the press and they knew, they would very likely print it. Hence the Inspectors nice phone call.

Return to “General Chit Chat”