Nick Griffin says Black and Asian Britons do not exist in new leaflet

Discuss the latest political news.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Nick Griffin defends BNP leaflet that says black and Asian Britons 'do not exist' | Mail Online
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
abbey

Post by abbey »

I think this letter says it all!

I am British (sorry, Mr Griffin).

I was born overseas and adopted at birth by white British parents. I have white British siblings, biological to my parents, who were also born overseas (so should they be deported or do they get to stay because they're white?).

I am legally British and have a British passport. I live in England. I have only ever spoken English. I've paid tax and national insurance all my working life and have never been out of work or claimed benefits. I pay tax at a very high rate - probably higher than most BNP members!

But I'm not 'British' according to Mr Griffin because I'm not white. I'm interested to know where he proposes that I should be deported to. It's not the same as 'an Englishman in China' - the nearest equivalent would be a white british person adopted by Chinese people. Coincidentally - I have family in Spain and there are lots of white British people who have retired there - perhaps they should be deported back to the UK where they 'belong'?

Click to rate Rating 178

- Ensee, Legally a British citizen unless the BNP have their way, London, England, 23/4/2009 10:52

Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

abbey;1179329 wrote: I think this letter says it all!

I think it does too
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

I can actually see where Nick Griffin is coming from with this and can understand his remarks.

Many British citizens are simply because it suits. They take the British Citizenship because we offer an easier and more lucrative way of life. I'm in no doubt that if Britian went broke and benifit stopped, alot of them would leave.

My friend took British Citizenship last year yet she is Turkish and views Turkey as her home the same as some muslims still regard Pakistan as home.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1179394 wrote: I can actually see where Nick Griffin is coming from with this and can understand his remarks.

Many British citizens are simply because it suits. They take the British Citizenship because we offer an easier and more lucrative way of life. I'm in no doubt that if Britian went broke and benifit stopped, alot of them would leave.

My friend took British Citizenship last year yet she is Turkish and views Turkey as her home the same as some muslims still regard Pakistan as home.

How many generations of residence would is take before you would accept a non-white as being British?

However many it is, you will have gone against Nick Griffin's definition
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

happy st goerge day i had the best of british for dinner ...yes i had a indian take away
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

el guapo;1179422 wrote: happy st goerge day i had the best of british for dinner ...yes i had a indian take away

Wonderfully ironic and I hope you enjoyed.

Happy St Georges day to all too

Winston Churchill
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

oscar;1179394 wrote: I can actually see where Nick Griffin is coming from with this and can understand his remarks.

I see, now you've had enough of the failing Labour party that has ruined our economy you're jumping ship to the racist BNP. Very sad that you can fall for this claptrap.

My maiden name was Germanic, although my family is very definitely British, will you and Griffin (I refuse to give him any title of respect) then be telling me I'm of German 'stock' the same as someone with the surname Patel is of Pakistani 'stock'?

I find these views offensive, shameful and dangerously close to inciting racial hatred.

Next perhaps he'll be substituting Jew or Gypsy or homosexual for Pakistani - maybe then it'll be more transparent what his politics really are.

It's a sad day for FG when someone posts this bollox and then agrees with it.

And before anyone reports me for speaking my mind let me say 'go right ahead', I'm not sorry if I upset anyone for saying that I'm disgusted that BNP propaganda is posted here and I'll take any infraction coming.
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Imladris;1179600 wrote: I see, now you've had enough of the failing Labour party that has ruined our economy you're jumping ship to the racist BNP. Very sad that you can fall for this claptrap.

My maiden name was Germanic, although my family is very definitely British, will you and Griffin (I refuse to give him any title of respect) then be telling me I'm of German 'stock' the same as someone with the surname Patel is of Pakistani 'stock'?

I find these views offensive, shameful and dangerously close to inciting racial hatred.

Next perhaps he'll be substituting Jew or Gypsy or homosexual for Pakistani - maybe then it'll be more transparent what his politics really are.

And before anyone reports me for speaking my mind let me say 'go right ahead', I'm not sorry if I upset anyone for saying that I'm disgusted that BNP propaganda is posted here and I'll take any infraction coming.

Disagreeing with someone's views and saying so is very different from insulting a member personally - we'd never have a discussion otherwise.
Oscar Namechange

Imladris;1179600 wrote: I see, now you've had enough of the failing Labour party that has ruined our economy you're jumping ship to the racist BNP. Very sad that you can fall for this claptrap.

I did not post the thread to be dis-respectful to any member. I posted it to get views on a Party who's popularity has spread across the country.

To set the record straight, I have not actually jumped ship. After leaving the Labour Party last year, I have looked at all the parties including UKIP. I agree with many of the BNP policies but i do have a problem after reading extensively on Nick Griffin.

In my post, i said that i can see where he's coming from on this statement. I may not agree with how far right and radical his view extends but in the example of my Turkish pal, i agree with him on that level. She took British Citizenship yet regards herself Turkish and Turkey as her home. Many African and Asians do the same.

As for reporting you so you recieve an infraction, that's not my style. I respect every members views on this forum.
gmc

Post by gmc »

He's an ignorant pillock. Black people have a very long history in this country probably longer than his own ancestors. His are irish it looks like

Griffin History - Page One

No doubt the irony escapes him. What is his identity? If irish then he is a celt and his claim to english or even anglo saxon (as in a descendant of that tribe of germans that invaded so long ago) identity a bit spurious to put it mildly. He's a bastard mongrel inhabitant of this island just like us all. he has brown eyes-rather suggests a touch of the tar don't you think? Brown eyed people are not native to this island. So there.

He also has a very irritating habit in talking as if britain and england are synonymous THEY ARE NOT :-5:-5
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1179611 wrote: He's an ignorant pillock. Black people have a very long history in this country probably longer than his own ancestors. His are irish it looks like

Griffin History - Page One

No doubt the irony escapes him. What is his identity? If irish then he is a celt and his claim to english or even anglo saxon (as in a descendant of that tribe of germans that invaded so long ago) identity a bit spurious to put it mildly. He's a bastard mongrel inhabitant of this island just like us all. he has brown eyes-rather suggests a touch of the tar don't you think? Brown eyed people are not native to this island. So there.

He also has a very irritating habit in talking as if britain and england are synonymous THEY ARE NOT :-5:-5 As i just said Auld Yin..... i had problems after reading extensively on Nick Griffin.

I've got very dark brown eyes so what are you suggesting eh?

Now calm down or you'll burst your sporran again. :wah:
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

Ok maybe I overreacted, if I did then sorry but the bile that gets spouted by the likes of Griffin really, really gets to me. It's probably one of the few times that I have posted here without thinking it through first.

My opinion of the BNP won't change regardless of any debate so it's best I stay out of them! And I want to say that I don't think my opinion should change either.

But I am confused though, Oscar - you say that you have problems with Griffin after reading up about him but you've already announced that you're standing as a candidate for the party that he leads, surely the reading up should have come first or have you changed your mind and are now not standing?
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Imladris;1179669 wrote: Ok maybe I overreacted, if I did then sorry but the bile that gets spouted by the likes of Griffin really, really gets to me. It's probably one of the few times that I have posted here without thinking it through first.

My opinion of the BNP won't change regardless of any debate so it's best I stay out of them! And I want to say that I don't think my opinion should change either.

But I am confused though, Oscar - you say that you have problems with Griffin after reading up about him but you've already announced that you're standing as a candidate for the party that he leads, surely the reading up should have come first or have you changed your mind and are now not standing?

The BNP are one of the things that really get me worked up too Immy:thinking:and im of the same opinion as you,,, my opinion wont change.

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Just a point, don't blame Ireland for Nick Griffin, FOR GAWDS SAKE LUVIES! :wah:
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Galbally;1179884 wrote: Just a point, don't blame Ireland for Nick Griffin, FOR GAWDS SAKE LUVIES! :wah:

What you don't get irish bigots? OK let's not go there. I was just making the point that anyone claiming to be a true englishman usually hasn't a clue about our history. We're a nation of mongrels-arguably it's one of the reasons we have been so successful-it's the nations that have allowed a free flow of ideas and cultures that have tended to survive the ages.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1179610 wrote: I did not post the thread to be dis-respectful to any member. I posted it to get views on a Party who's popularity has spread across the country.

To set the record straight, I have not actually jumped ship. After leaving the Labour Party last year, I have looked at all the parties including UKIP. I agree with many of the BNP policies but i do have a problem after reading extensively on Nick Griffin.

In my post, i said that i can see where he's coming from on this statement. I may not agree with how far right and radical his view extends but in the example of my Turkish pal, i agree with him on that level. She took British Citizenship yet regards herself Turkish and Turkey as her home. Many African and Asians do the same.

As for reporting you so you recieve an infraction, that's not my style. I respect every members views on this forum.

Have you never watched the test match at the Gabba. Who makes the most noise ? Yep, those 1st and 2nd generation expats who, after commiting their future lives in another country, remain staunchly English by cheering them at cricket. You dont suddenly forget where you came from just because you attain a different passport. Of course your friend still feels Turkish. Not to do so would be ludicrous.

Winston Churchill
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

gmc;1179890 wrote: What you don't get irish bigots? OK let's not go there. I was just making the point that anyone claiming to be a true englishman usually hasn't a clue about our history. We're a nation of mongrels-arguably it's one of the reasons we have been so successful-it's the nations that have allowed a free flow of ideas and cultures that have tended to survive the ages.

Oh we have loads, as does Scotland of course. ;)

I am quite sure Nick Griffin sees us a bunch of unreliable EU-loving catholic fifth columnists who don't understand that they are not capable of having their own country and should be ruled by Britain and be grateful for the privilidge of it, or something to that effect. Then again maybe he doesn't, he has rather odd views, essentially facist, but with a lot of English pastoral nostalgia, a grasp of history based on reading the Warlord and the Victor, and some local stuff I don't really understand being thrown in.

By the way, Hitler went on holiday in Ireland in the 1930s as well, but again what happened subsequently wasn't entirely our fault. :-6
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1179894 wrote: Have you never watched the test match at the Gabba. Who makes the most noise ? Yep, those 1st and 2nd generation expats who, after commiting their future lives in another country, remain staunchly English by cheering them at cricket. You dont suddenly forget where you came from just because you attain a different passport. Of course your friend still feels Turkish. Not to do so would be ludicrous. No, I avoid cricket at all costs. My father was President of a cricket club for 25 years and i was forced fed it as a child. It has left deep scars that i needed counselling to over-come.

In three weeks time, i am looking after the shop full time because my friend is 'going home' for three weeks. What's the point of taking British Citizenship?
Oscar Namechange

Galbally;1179884 wrote: Just a point, don't blame Ireland for Nick Griffin, FOR GAWDS SAKE LUVIES! :wah:
Of course it's your fault....... everything is your fault. :sneaky:
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1179956 wrote: No, I avoid cricket at all costs. My father was President of a cricket club for 25 years and i was forced fed it as a child. It has left deep scars that i needed counselling to over-come.

In three weeks time, i am looking after the shop full time because my friend is 'going home' for three weeks. What's the point of taking British Citizenship?

My question about actually watching cricket was rhetorical.

Why take British citizenship ? Why dont you ask her !

There are many benefits to being a British citizen that wouldnt be afforded her in her own country. Many Brits take up citizenship in Australia but it dont stop 'em cheering us on in the cricket and showing their "Britishness".

Perfectly natural.

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1179962 wrote: My question about actually watching cricket was rhetorical.

Why take British citizenship ? Why dont you ask her !

There are many benefits to being a British citizen that wouldnt be afforded her in her own country. Many Brits take up citizenship in Australia but it dont stop 'em cheering us on in the cricket and showing their "Britishness".

Perfectly natural.
I knew your question about crickey was rhetorical..... i was being pedantic :D

As for your cheering on the cricket analogy...... I suffered badly in the Turkey V Croatia match in the world cup....... The Turkish community certainly were not cheering for England and i was forced to join in a street conga due to a late goal :D
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1180006 wrote: I knew your question about crickey was rhetorical..... i was being pedantic :D

As for your cheering on the cricket analogy...... I suffered badly in the Turkey V Croatia match in the world cup....... The Turkish community certainly were not cheering for England and i was forced to join in a street conga due to a late goal :D

Oh being pedantic. Keeping Spots seat warm while he's away eh ? He'll want his place back when he returns :wah:

I could tell you a story about that time we beat Germany 5-1, while I was in Ireland. But not here :D

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1180010 wrote: Oh being pedantic. Keeping Spots seat warm while he's away eh ? He'll want his place back when he returns :wah:

I could tell you a story about that time we beat Germany 5-1, while I was in Ireland. But not here :D As Spot recruited me to this forum and is my mentor, teaching me how to demand links and the like, i feel qualified to step into his shoes although, of course grasshopper could never match the master.

Start a thread on footie experiences. The Turkey v Croatia match was a nightmare for me. I was in a Turkish business and all we had was a radio with a Bristol live commentary and I had to translate as best as i could in my pigeon turkish to a guy who spoke a little pigeon English who then translated back in Turkish to people who spoke no English. It went to extra time and i was exhausted after.

Start a thread as i've got some great stories about Millwall fans from the 70's.

Return to “Current Political Events”