FG Eating Habits

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Lon

FG Eating Habits

Post by Lon »

I'm no doctor or nutritionist but after reading the very many posts of what FG members are having for dinner, have drawn some conclusions that I suspect the medical community and nutritionist would agree with.

Definitely not enough fruits and vegetables in your diet. Way too many carbs and saturated fats. Don't see much in the way of fresh fish or sea food other than occasional fish and chips. I don't have any idea of what FG members bodies look like, but would suspect that there is a big weight problem for many. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT WITH A DIET LIKE YOU POST?

Get fit------------eat right.

Attached files
chonsigirl

FG Eating Habits

Post by chonsigirl »

I eat well, mostly fruits and veggies, some protein, not alot of carbs. My BMI is 22.9, not too bad for my age. I weigh less now then I did in high school. :D
Hamster

FG Eating Habits

Post by Hamster »

I don't eat enough veg admittedly but I weigh the same as I did before having 4 children and I halved my body fat from that time. My BMI is 20.5 so not too bad :)
Challenges are opportunities in work clothes.
mrsK

FG Eating Habits

Post by mrsK »

I have the fruit & veg thing going,not to many carbs.

I have fish twice a week,chicken twice a week

I also snack on almonds,sunflower seed,pumkin seed.

Weekends I have a chocolate & icecream,gotta love the weekends;):yh_rotfl:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Betty Boop

FG Eating Habits

Post by Betty Boop »

Yes sir, I hear what you are saying and I will endevour to try harder so as to achieve the perfect waistline.
Odie

FG Eating Habits

Post by Odie »

here we go again.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

for most part, I do eat healthy, but in all honesty, most of us do enjoy having the foods which are bad for us a few times a week, and still stay trim, you must exercise daily as well to stay fit.;)
Life is just to short for drama.
spot

FG Eating Habits

Post by spot »

I'm sure I had some fruit at Christmas, so I'm fully up to date. Raisins, that's it, I had a handful of raisins.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
venus

FG Eating Habits

Post by venus »

humm well l have to say l have apretty healthy det with some naughty treats thrown in.

being veggie means that for the most part l dont go near the bad fats and l eat a large amout of fruit and veg!!

have to admit though cheese is my down fall.:-4
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
Betty Boop

FG Eating Habits

Post by Betty Boop »

venus;1142672 wrote: humm well l have to say l have apretty healthy det with some naughty treats thrown in.

being veggie means that for the most part l dont go near the bad fats and l eat a large amout of fruit and veg!!

Cheese......... gimme the cheese! I go through tonnes, have it on everything.
venus

FG Eating Habits

Post by venus »

Betty Boop;1142678 wrote: Cheese......... gimme the cheese! I go through tonnes, have it on everything.

humm maybe not everything but l do love a nibble!!!;)
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
Odie

FG Eating Habits

Post by Odie »

venus;1142672 wrote: humm well l have to say l have apretty healthy det with some naughty treats thrown in.

would you like a grilled cheese sandwich?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I love cheese to, especially cherry cheesecake!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Lon

FG Eating Habits

Post by Lon »

[QUOTE=Jester;1142664]My diet:

I eat lots of this: anything that grows on or above the ground in its natural state, chicken and fish without the skin and lean red meats...

I eat some of this with lots of the above: Vegetables that grow below the ground, no fat dairy, grains and nuts.

And I dont eat anything packaged or processed.

I'm about 15% body fat. Currently weigh about 220lbs and stand just a shade under 6 foot.

I cheat about once or twice a week in the food department-

My excercise consists or hiking to about 10 miles per day, and constant work. I punch a speed bag daily for 15 to 20 minutes, and twice a week I keep up my hand to hand skills, usually in the form of sparing with Hoss.

My resting HR is in the low 50's, currenlty even as healthy as I am I'm having trouble with my blood pressure, the docs are trying to figure out why. I dont smoke or drink and never have.[/QUOTE

Buy a good Blood Presssure tester (wrist or arm) from a drug store like Walgreens.

They are less than $100 and are accurate. Some folks have a high reading in the doc's office, it's called "The White Coat effect. I'll just bet that your BP may be normal everywhere except at the doc's. It's true in my case anyway. I take my own BP several times a week, AM and PM. Resting heart rate is 55 and BP 110/68.
Nomad

FG Eating Habits

Post by Nomad »

Betty Boop;1142678 wrote: Cheese......... gimme the cheese!

:wah: Calm down !
I AM AWESOME MAN
along-for-the-ride

FG Eating Habits

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I would like to note here that this is the second thread Lon has started about FG members eating habits based on the other thread, "What are you having for supper" or something like that. Although I do appreciate Lon's concern for us, one cannot assume that a menu for one eveniing's meal represents what we eat everyday.

Speaking for myself, I do stay active and enjoy vegetables and generally watch what I eat, drink lots of water and do what I can to take care of myself. I am a grown woman. I've given birth to 4 children. I have curves. I am not on this earth to be skinny.

Just my thoughts. ;)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Lon

FG Eating Habits

Post by Lon »

along-for-the-ride;1143322 wrote: I would like to note here that this is the second thread Lon has started about FG members eating habits based on the other thread, "What are you having for supper" or something like that. Although I do appreciate Lon's concern for us, one cannot assume that a menu for one eveniing's meal represents what we eat everyday.

Speaking for myself, I do stay active and enjoy vegetables and generally watch what I eat, drink lots of water and do what I can to take care of myself. I am a grown woman. I've given birth to 4 children. I have curves. I am not on this earth to be skinny.

Just my thoughts. ;)

Did I hit a nerve?:) Actually, if you go through the many posts in the "What are you having for dinner", you will find many of the same people always posting their high carb dinners. It's not that I am concerned or even care what anyone eats. For me, it's just curiosity. I am really not a health nut, just a curious nut. Oh, I love junk food.:wah:
buttercup

FG Eating Habits

Post by buttercup »

Hmmmm i'm the girl in that photo, bread is my downfall, oh and butter, good old plain salted or (garlic / peanut / herb)

Suppose while we are at it best admit to wine & chocolate, dont really do water & veg. Yup very unhealthy but unlike most people i walk miles everyday on the beach and in the woods, i'm fit but fat.

Maybe i will die early through my bad habits but i will have lived and made informed choices, i'm also a smoker again by choice, stopped for 11 months, missed them every single day.
Odie

FG Eating Habits

Post by Odie »

buttercup;1143383 wrote: Hmmmm i'm the girl in that photo, bread is my downfall, oh and butter, good old plain salted or (garlic / peanut / herb)

Suppose while we are at it best admit to wine & chocolate, dont really do water & veg. Yup very unhealthy but unlike most people i walk miles everyday on the beach and in the woods, i'm fit but fat.

Maybe i will die early through my bad habits but i will have lived and made informed choices, i'm also a smoker again by choice, stopped for 11 months, missed them every single day.

hey, we have to live and enjoy, I love the same foods as you do.;)

I smoke also, and if I go early, at least I can say I enjoyed my foods and cigarettes!;)
Amber Sun

FG Eating Habits

Post by Amber Sun »

odie;1143393 wrote: hey, we have to live and enjoy, i love the same foods as you do.;)

i smoke also, and if i go early, at least i can say i enjoyed my foods and cigarettes!;)

:-6:-6
along-for-the-ride

FG Eating Habits

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Lon;1143357 wrote: Did I hit a nerve?:) Actually, if you go through the many posts in the "What are you having for dinner", you will find many of the same people always posting their high carb dinners. It's not that I am concerned or even care what anyone eats. For me, it's just curiosity. I am really not a health nut, just a curious nut. Oh, I love junk food.:wah:

:wah: Thanks for clarifying that for me. I did perceive you as a "health nut". But I now realize you are just curious and don't really care. ;)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
sunny104

FG Eating Habits

Post by sunny104 »

I think we eat just fine! :D
Nomad

FG Eating Habits

Post by Nomad »

Lon;1143357 wrote: Oh, I love junk food.:wah:

Lets discuss.

You can have 5 selections from the junk food group to consume for 1 year.
I AM AWESOME MAN
sunny104

FG Eating Habits

Post by sunny104 »

Nomad;1144707 wrote: Lets discuss.

You can have 5 selections from the junk food group to consume for 1 year.

yeah Lon, I want to know what kind of junk food you indulge in?? :D
Nomad

FG Eating Habits

Post by Nomad »

sunny104;1144727 wrote: yeah Lon, I want to know what kind of junk food you indulge in?? :D

We should define the 5 junk food groups for him.

1. Ho Ho category

2. Anything that melts in the sun

3. The Hydrochloromine Epoxidatedglutamated yello red and green dye # 3,5,6 & 9 category

4. The its been stuck on my teeth for 3 days group

5. The I feel like crap but it sure tasted good group
I AM AWESOME MAN
sunny104

FG Eating Habits

Post by sunny104 »

Nomad;1144733 wrote: We should define the 5 junk food groups for him.

1. Ho Ho category

3. The Hydrochloromine Epoixidatedglutamated yello red and green dye # 3,5,6 & 9 category

:wah:

now I want a ho ho! :thinking:
YZGI

FG Eating Habits

Post by YZGI »

sunny104;1144743 wrote: :wah:

now I want a ho ho! :thinking:
I'll take just one ho.:sneaky:
Nomad

FG Eating Habits

Post by Nomad »

YZGI;1144786 wrote: I'll take just one ho.:sneaky:

Can you eat just one Ho ? hee hee
I AM AWESOME MAN
YZGI

FG Eating Habits

Post by YZGI »

Nomad;1144793 wrote: Can you eat just one Ho ? hee hee
I just nibble on em a bit.:rolleyes:
Hamster

FG Eating Habits

Post by Hamster »

Nomad;1144733 wrote: We should define the 5 junk food groups for him.

1. Ho Ho category

3. The Hydrochloromine Epoxidatedglutamated yello red and green dye # 3,5,6 & 9 category

Would ya like fries with that Nomie? :wah:
Challenges are opportunities in work clothes.

Return to “General Chit Chat”