Fundraising

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
mrsK

Fundraising

Post by mrsK »

I need some fresh ideas on fundraising.

Our local cadets need a bit of help so I am going to help them out.

What ideas can you give me people.?

We have done a wheelbarrow full of goodies raffle.

I need some new fresh ideas.

Can you help me?:-6:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Kindle

Fundraising

Post by Kindle »

mrsK;1127209 wrote: I need some fresh ideas on fundraising.

Our local cadets need a bit of help so I am going to help them out.

What ideas can you give me people.?

We have done a wheelbarrow full of goodies raffle.

I need some new fresh ideas.

Can you help me?:-6:-6

How about raffling off handyman/woman tasks. Outdoor window washing, digging a garden, hemming pants, shortening drapes --- whatever skills your group may have. Maybe the whole group together could paint a house???

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 5.1
mrsK

Fundraising

Post by mrsK »

Kindle;1127217 wrote: How about raffling off handyman/woman tasks. Outdoor window washing, digging a garden, hemming pants, shortening drapes --- whatever skills your group may have. Maybe the whole group together could paint a house???

Good idea I will write that one down.

These kids are aged from 13 to 17 so I am sure they can handle things like that.

They need to be involved in the raffle as it gives them a sense of pride when all the work is done.Kids need to wanted & need to see the results of their hard work.:-6
G#Gill

Fundraising

Post by G#Gill »

Hi H ! Hope you are OK, and all your charges :-6 :)

Car washing always seems to be popular with youngsters.

Mowing lawns.

Dog walking.

I'll try to think of more................... good luck to them all, and I hope they raise lots of dosh !!! ;) :)
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
mrsK

Fundraising

Post by mrsK »

G#Gill;1127608 wrote: Hi H ! Hope you are OK, and all your charges :-6 :)

Car washing always seems to be popular with youngsters.

Mowing lawns.

Dog walking.

I'll try to think of more................... good luck to them all, and I hope they raise lots of dosh !!! ;) :)

Thanks Gill:-6

Hadn't thought of the car washing one,be good here the way the weather is.

Thanks a million.Haven't seen you around much .Hope you are well:-6
spot

Fundraising

Post by spot »

mrsK;1127209 wrote: I need some fresh ideas on fundraising.Naked calendars, mrsK. Get all the mums together for a photoshoot and pick the best dozen pictures, one for each month. They'll sell like hot cakes and I don't suppose the arguments over "why was mine left out" will last indefinitely.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
mrsK

Fundraising

Post by mrsK »

spot;1127701 wrote: Naked calendars, mrsK. Get all the mums together for a photoshoot and pick the best dozen pictures, one for each month. They'll sell like hot cakes and I don't suppose the arguments over "why was mine left out" will last indefinitely.

Thanks Spot,

I can just see 13 to 16 yr old kids wanting their Mum's in this photoshoot;)

I will ask & see what they think:thinking:
Oscar Namechange

Fundraising

Post by Oscar Namechange »

mrsK;1127702 wrote: Thanks Spot,

I can just see 13 to 16 yr old kids wanting their Mum's in this photoshoot;)

I will ask & see what they think:thinking:

Hold a garage sale, asking friends and relatives to give up good quality bric and brac etc.

Clothes sale. Get your mates together with anything you no longer wear. Sell off your clothes, shoes and handbags to your friends over a bottle of wine:)
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
mrsK

Fundraising

Post by mrsK »

oscar;1127705 wrote: Hold a garage sale, asking friends and relatives to give up good quality bric and brac etc.

Clothes sale. Get your mates together with anything you no longer wear. Sell off your clothes, shoes and handbags to your friends over a bottle of wine:)
Thanks Oscar,

I really do appreciate all the good ideas that are coming in.

Clever people & thanks for helping out.:-6
spot

Fundraising

Post by spot »

mrsK;1127715 wrote: I really do appreciate all the good ideas that are coming in.Bah. Nobody ever takes me seriously.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

Fundraising

Post by Oscar Namechange »

spot;1127727 wrote: Bah. Nobody ever takes me seriously.

I'd be happy to pose naked with other FG ladies for a calender. Anyone else???
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
mrsK

Fundraising

Post by mrsK »

spot;1127727 wrote: Bah. Nobody ever takes me seriously.
But I do,I do.:-3:yh_rotfl
Clodhopper

Fundraising

Post by Clodhopper »

You might try "Fifty Clubs".

Make a grid of fifty boxes and sell each box - set the price at something your target market can afford.

When all the boxes are sold, you put 50 pieces of paper numbered 1 - 50 into a box and blind draw one. The winner gets half the cash, your fund gets the rest.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
SuzyB

Fundraising

Post by SuzyB »

Get the kids doing a major baking session and hold a cake stall, always quite succesful especially when I'm the one buying:rolleyes:

How about a sponsered silence? Parents will pay a fortune for that:D

How about a mini manicure for elderly people? Paint nails for a pound, you could speak to old peoples homes and ask if some could go in and help, even a mini sing a long for them, charge them a small fee and get the kids to do a little production, even if the kids can't sing, it wouldn't matter as half the people could turn their hearing aids down ;)

Hold a fun and games afternoon, get the kids to sell to their friends and play some party games appropriate for their ages.

:)
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

SuzyB

Fundraising

Post by SuzyB »

oscar;1127729 wrote: I'd be happy to pose naked with other FG ladies for a calender. Anyone else???

They are trying to make money :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

fuzzywuzzy

Fundraising

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Good idea Clod (except that's illegal here) .

Organise a "day at the oval" lions club, rotary, and you're local welfare agency would help you out and you could make it an annual event.

Or a drive in/ sit on the grass movie night ..they are really popular around here during summer. (a semi trailor pulls up with a huge screen and speakers on it. people sit on the oval and watch a film and have a picnic. It's a night out in country towns. and it rakes in the dosh)

Return to “General Chit Chat”