snowing

What's the weather like today?
Chezzie

snowing

Post by Chezzie »

started off dry then torrential rain which turned to sleet then snow and now its dry but freezing cold...Im in North Wales, near Chester:D
qsducks

snowing

Post by qsducks »

We have snow on our cars & street and it's freezing here too. Cloudy today with sun peaking out later. So weird Chez, we live near a Chester too.:p
Chezzie

snowing

Post by Chezzie »

qsducks;1113091 wrote: We have snow on our cars & street and it's freezing here too. Cloudy today with sun peaking out later. So weird Chez, we live near a Chester too.:p

Wow how weird

Its snowing again here:D
chonsigirl

snowing

Post by chonsigirl »

Yes, it is snowing! Finally! Happy, happy!
shazzoom

snowing

Post by shazzoom »

Was heavy rain this morning, walked dog and to shops got drenched by cars passing, not a good start. Stopped eventually so i could pop into town.:wah:
sunny104

snowing

Post by sunny104 »

sunny and 78 for a high here in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. :D :-6
Odie

snowing

Post by Odie »

yesterday we had 23CM of snow, around 9 inches, roads were treacherous, today, cloudy and yukky!
Life is just to short for drama.
Chezzie

snowing

Post by Chezzie »

Odie;1113143 wrote: yesterday we had 23CM of snow, around 9 inches, roads were treacherous, today, cloudy and yukky!

cor blimey, 9 inches Odie, that would bring Blighty to a standstill, we cry when we get an inch lol

Stopped snowing here now, its so cold if it snows later it will get treacherous here too:-3
Odie

snowing

Post by Odie »

Chezzie;1113147 wrote: cor blimey, 9 inches Odie, that would bring Blighty to a standstill, we cry when we get an inch lol

Stopped snowing here now, its so cold if it snows later it will get treacherous here too:-3

we are used to it here, thousands of snowploughs on the roads until all storms are cleared.

You should be on one of our highways with a convoy of snowplough trucks in front of you, you can't go anywhere!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

and when it freezes like yours will, we have the salt trucks out and salt our own driveways and porches.

tons of fun!:-5:-5:-5
double helix

snowing

Post by double helix »

lynn 206;1113083 wrote: Its snowing here in the northwest. Whats it like anywhere else.
Here in Anchorage, Alaska it's raining, 40 degrees and holding. All last week we had 49-50 degree weather with all the snow melting and roads flooding. The three weeks before that we had 30-30 below zero weather. What a roller coaster ride.

I just hope the trees don't start budding. Cold weather is bound to roll in again soon and freeze us up again.

Now, the northwest and mid states are having our cold snap. You'll warm up soon enough. :D
Helen

snowing

Post by Helen »

i think we've had everything thrown at us in this last 36hrs that god has got to give !!! lol.................. snow, hail, rain. sunshine, gales, thunderstorms ( think theres one going on somewhere fairly close right now cos the lights keep dimming and the tv is going funny ).
Odie

snowing

Post by Odie »

double helix;1113695 wrote: Here in Anchorage, Alaska it's raining, 40 degrees and holding. All last week we had 49-50 degree weather with all the snow melting and roads flooding. The three weeks before that we had 30-30 below zero weather. What a roller coaster ride.

I just hope the trees don't start budding. Cold weather is bound to roll in again soon and freeze us up again.

Now, the northwest and mid states are having our cold snap. You'll warm up soon enough. :D

wow, that is a roller coaster ride!
double helix

snowing

Post by double helix »

Yep, my dogs don't know what to do when I take them out for a walk. We had 100 mph winds two days ago with power outages and all. The dogs were lifted off there feet a time or two, ears flapping in the wind and all. They didn't even have to lift their legs to pee for honest to goodness sake.:wah:
Odie

snowing

Post by Odie »

double helix;1113857 wrote: Yep, my dogs don't know what to do when I take them out for a walk. We had 100 mph winds two days ago with power outages and all. The dogs were lifted off there feet a time or two, ears flapping in the wind and all. They didn't even have to lift their legs to pee for honest to goodness sake.:wah:

fgs, awwwwwwwwww poor babies in such strong winds!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

since you live in Alaska, are your dogs huskys, just wondering and would love to see some pics of them!
double helix

snowing

Post by double helix »

Odie;1113872 wrote: fgs, awwwwwwwwww poor babies in such strong winds!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

since you live in Alaska, are your dogs huskys, just wondering and would love to see some pics of them! Nope, two fat pugs.:wah:

Meet titus

Meet Argus
Odie

snowing

Post by Odie »

double helix;1113919 wrote: Nope, two fat pugs.:wah:

Meet titus

Meet Argus

OMG..........I LOVE PUGS!:guitarist:guitarist:guitarist:guitarist

They are soooooooooooooo cute! my son has one, his name is Babe!, yes, his name!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

he is just like Argus in colour!

fanks for sharing, Titus and Argus are just adorable!
Helen

snowing

Post by Helen »

double helix;1113857 wrote: Yep, my dogs don't know what to do when I take them out for a walk. We had 100 mph winds two days ago with power outages and all. The dogs were lifted off there feet a time or two, ears flapping in the wind and all. They didn't even have to lift their legs to pee for honest to goodness sake.:wah:

no wonder you were worried about them lol being as small as they are. i had enough trouble with mine the other evening in the 70mph winds we had. hes an english springer spaniel and is usually weighed down with mud and water and anything else he can find to smother himself with :rolleyes: :wah:
chonsigirl

snowing

Post by chonsigirl »

2 hour delay because of snow-I wish they would tell me before I went to bed at night, so I can set the alarm later.....................:wah:
Odie

snowing

Post by Odie »

chonsigirl;1114043 wrote: 2 hour delay because of snow-I wish they would tell me before I went to bed at night, so I can set the alarm later.....................:wah:

ooooooooo I'd be boiling at that!:-5:-5:-5

but just think, you had time to come here!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
nok

snowing

Post by nok »

The weather is nice and warm today :-6 and I'm really grateful for that, after so many days of freezing cold weather - I thought it would be cold forever ! :(
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
shazzoom

snowing

Post by shazzoom »

No snow on show here in Kent, just heavy frost. At least its white :yh_rotfl
Helen

snowing

Post by Helen »

yesterday morning they shut off 40 miles of the A30 through cornwall because of black ice and snow and numerous accidents.

just 14 miles from that where i live we had rain and gales !!!!!!!
cars

snowing

Post by cars »

No SNOW here! :D:p:wah:
Cars :)

Return to “Weather Station”