battleaxe nora dies the AA grumpy column

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
pantoandy

Post by pantoandy »

good evening and welcome to the AA grumpy column.

tonight its just a short obituary to the late Kathy staff better known as nora batty in last of the summer wine or mrs bbBlewitt from open all hours.

ACTRESS Kathy Staff, who played Nora Batty in long-running sitcom Last Of The Summer Wine, has died.

The 80-year-old passed away after a short illness.

Staff played the character from the first episode of the show in 1973 and made her last appearance in August.

With her curlers, saggy tights and razor-sharp tongue, Batty became the nation’s favourite battle-axe and Staff’s most famous role.

Aside from Last of the Summer Wine, Staff also appeared in Coronation Street, Crossroads and the sitcom Open All Hours.

Summer Wine actress dies | The Sun |News

AAG

another star passes away at least she can be with her old sparring partner compo

and her on screen husband wally batty better known as joe gladwin and the rest of the tv cast who wait to recieve her.

while we still have our happy memories and can re live them again and again on uk gold on sky tv.

AAG
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

pantoandy;1086212 wrote: good evening and welcome to the AA grumpy column.

tonight its just a short obituary to the late Kathy staff better known as nora batty in last of the summer wine or mrs bbBlewitt from open all hours.

ACTRESS Kathy Staff, who played Nora Batty in long-running sitcom Last Of The Summer Wine, has died.

The 80-year-old passed away after a short illness.

Staff played the character from the first episode of the show in 1973 and made her last appearance in August.

With her curlers, saggy tights and razor-sharp tongue, Batty became the nation’s favourite battle-axe and Staff’s most famous role.

Aside from Last of the Summer Wine, Staff also appeared in Coronation Street, Crossroads and the sitcom Open All Hours.

Summer Wine actress dies | The Sun |News

AAG

another star passes away at least she can be with her old sparring partner compo

and her on screen husband wally batty better known as joe gladwin and the rest of the tv cast who wait to recieve her.

while we still have our happy memories and can re live them again and again on uk gold on sky tv.

AAG

Blimey Your quick off the press today!!
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Oh I never knew she had died so thankyou for that.I can still see her in my minds eye in Crossroads......she had a thing about Benny:wah:;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
abbey

Post by abbey »

I watch Last of the summer wine every day with my mum and I love Norah Batty and compo.

That's sad. :-1
spot

Post by spot »

abbey;1086399 wrote: I watch Last of the summer wine every day with my mum and I love Norah Batty and compo.

That's sad. :-1

I saw Bill Owen on stage in London once, he's one of the highlights of my memory of the National Theatre.

The acting that went into Nora Batty was a testament to a generation that's long gone. Kathy Staff had an amazing run at it, I'm sure she enjoyed the part immensely.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “General TV Shows”