Seventy dollars an hour..and a bailout?????

guppy

Post by guppy »

i just read where the average auto worker makes seventy dollars an hour. okay.............and they want federal bailout..i say..shut them down..all of em..start over..make a product that is within reason made by employees that havent shot through the roof of what they are worth..This is just another case of greed..and out of control business practices that has come back to bite them in the ass..and it should..shut them down!!!!!!!!!!

shut them down..

shut them down.....:mad:
wildhorses

Post by wildhorses »

guppy;1084865 wrote: i just read where the average auto worker makes seventy dollars an hour. okay.............and they want federal bailout..i say..shut them down..all of em..start over..make a product that is within reason made by employees that havent shot through the roof of what they are worth..This is just another case of greed..and out of control business practices that has come back to bite them in the ass..and it should..shut them down!!!!!!!!!!

shut them down..

shut them down.....:mad:

But they dont make that much in pay. The car company came up with that amount as a total employee cost. It includes social security, insurance, work comp, vacation....and so on. They actually make about 17-25 bucks an hour depending on how long they have been there and their experience.
guppy

Post by guppy »

according to the news on msnbc..the senate republicans demanded consessions from the unions that the auto workers are part of.and they refused..so the federal bailout stalled and died..and right it should.

They want the same ole ways to conitinue..the exact same that got them where they are now..i have absolutely no sympathy for the auto industry now..i would very much like to see it collapse and restructure..:-5
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

The President of the UAW union would not give wage concessions to bring their workers closer to the wage of foreign auto workers packages like BMW, toyota etc etc. He refused.

I never understood why the Union would cut its own throat by helping send a company into bankruptcy.:-5

Return to “Societal Issues News”