sick wedding of bride and groom aged 5 and 7 years old the A.A grumpy column

Fact is stranger than fiction.
pantoandy

Post by pantoandy »

good evening from grumps towers as we approach the witching hour.

ive no doubt the mother in law will be out on her broomstick.

anyway heres tonights offering served up with eye of newt and toe of frog wing of bat and tongue of dog .

THE Muslim wedding of a seven-year-old boy and a five-year-old girl has been raided by police.

Cops arrested the Muslim cleric conducting the sick ceremony and the children’s parents in Pakistan’s largest city.

The cleric had not yet begun the ceremony of Mohammad Waseem, seven, and his bride Nishain Karachi, five – which was attended by 100 guests.

Pakistan law forbids marriage below the age of 18 – but some Muslim scholars say it is permissible if the bride and groom have reached puberty.

TV footage showed both children in traditional wedding clothes in the laps of policemen after the raid – the girl with tears running down her cheeks.

The parents said the wedding had been arranged to end an eight-year feud between the two families, according to a report on Express News TV.

Mr Mazhar said he had heard about similar cases in rural areas but “it is shocking to have this right in the centre of the city.”

The parents are due to appear in court tomorrow.

A Pakistan Human Rights Commission official Hina Gillani said the maximum possible punishment for the parents was one month in jail and fine of just over $10 (£6).

A.AG

well done to the pakistan police for saving the innocence of 2 children and whoever reported this.

this kind of behavior has no place in our modern world or society and one month in jail seems paltry for what has happened but at least the children will now be taken to a place of safety and hopefully not returned to their parents.

NIGHT NIGHT

A.A.G
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

fuzzy butt;1041274 wrote: OMG!!!! why would they scar these children for life?

and NO I don't mean the wedding !!!!! I mean the police raid .................no wonder the little girl was in tears.!!!!!!

another cultural attack !!!!! that is disgusting ..................Now what the hell is going to happen to this little girl ? Answer me that !!!! she almost had the rest of her life taken care of until some bullshit western idea of marriage comes storming through the door!!!!!!

And ten dollars could be a fortune to this family!!!!!

GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! this makes me sick!!!!

No.

Really ?

No.

You think that ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

fuzzy butt;1041274 wrote: OMG!!!! why would they scar these children for life?

and NO I don't mean the wedding !!!!! I mean the police raid .................no wonder the little girl was in tears.!!!!!!

another cultural attack !!!!! that is disgusting ..................Now what the hell is going to happen to this little girl ? Answer me that !!!! she almost had the rest of her life taken care of until some bullshit western idea of marriage comes storming through the door!!!!!!

And ten dollars could be a fortune to this family!!!!!

GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! this makes me sick!!!!

Initially I felt anger that these children were going to be made to marry. Then I thought about the culture surrounding them and decided that I actually know nothing about their lifestyles.

On reading the post further though, it is stated that marriage is allowed if the children have reached puberty - can't believe a 5 and a 7 year old have!

So yes, the parents have broken the law relevent to the majority of their culture, therefore they deserve punishment.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

It's their culture. The police had no right. They were not having sex or conducting anything other than exchanging vows for a marraige that would have taken place in the future anyway.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

pantoandy;1041233 wrote:

well done to the pakistan police for saving the innocence of 2 children and whoever reported this.

this kind of behavior has no place in our modern world or society and one month in jail seems paltry for what has happened but at least the children will now be taken to a place of safety and hopefully not returned to their parents.

NIGHT NIGHT

A.A.G
You have no right to judge anyone or anyone else's culture. Do you actually know any Pakistani's?? Or are you just simply biased? This has been going on in Pakistan for centurie's.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
wildhorses

Post by wildhorses »

oscar;1043555 wrote: It's their culture. The police had no right. They were not having sex or conducting anything other than exchanging vows for a marraige that would have taken place in the future anyway.

What about if when the children get older they dont want to be married to each other. What if they both want to marry someone else? Marriage is a life long commitment....it should not be forced on children. Doesnt this take away their rights as human beings to make their own decisions about the rest of their lives? They are too young to be forced into this.
Oscar Namechange

wildhorses;1043563 wrote: What about if when the children get older they dont want to be married to each other. What if they both want to marry someone else? Marriage is a life long commitment....it should not be forced on children. Doesnt this take away their rights as human beings to make their own decisions about the rest of their lives? They are too young to be forced into this.

I hate to differ on this one wildhorses as we agree usually on so much, but it is the difference in culture in East and West.

What we see as wrong in the west, is perfectly normal to the East. It is borne out of centurie's of culture.

Maybe some will say, Pakistan is living in the past and needs to come up to Western value's but i think, Why shoud they change their culture because the West does not agree.

It's certainly not up to Pantowhatsisname to critise a culture that i bet he knows nothing about.

The ceromony taking place in the eyes of the parents would be a formality for an arranged marraige that would happen in the future anyway. If the children grew up and did not want to marry that 'friend', they don't have to go through with it.
wildhorses

Post by wildhorses »

oscar;1043571 wrote: I hate to differ on this one wildhorses as we agree usually on so much, but it is the difference in culture in East and West.

What we see as wrong in the west, is perfectly normal to the East. It is borne out of centurie's of culture.

Maybe some will say, Pakistan is living in the past and needs to come up to Western value's but i think, Why shoud they change their culture because the West does not agree.

It's certainly not up to Pantowhatsisname to critise a culture that i bet he knows nothing about.

The ceromony taking place in the eyes of the parents would be a formality for an arranged marraige that would happen in the future anyway. If the children grew up and did not want to marry that 'friend', they don't have to go through with it.

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I thought they were stuck together for life no matter what. Oh so this is different. Because they eventually do have a choice. Never mind...lol....I have no problem with it as they are the same age. I would have a problem if one of them was an adult because there would be too much room for abuse. I really dont care if the "West" does not agree...I was worried that the children would not agree.
Oscar Namechange

wildhorses;1043573 wrote: Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I thought they were stuck together for life no matter what. Oh so this is different. Because they eventually do have a choice. Never mind...lol....I have no problem with it as they are the same age. I would have a problem if one of them was an adult because there would be too much room for abuse. I really dont care if the "West" does not agree...I was worried that the children would not agree.

I have just deleted my post as for some reason, probably because it's 5 am here and i havent been to bed, i thought this had happened in Britain and i was talking about British Law.

We do have muslim friends here and it is purely their culture. The little was probably crying because some idiot police officer ruined her day.
wildhorses

Post by wildhorses »

oscar;1043575 wrote: I have just deleted my post as for some reason, probably because it's 5 am here and i havent been to bed, i thought this had happened in Britain and i was talking about British Law.

We do have muslim friends here and it is purely their culture. The little was probably crying because some idiot police officer ruined her day.

OK...well in that case I have to disagree. This decision should not be made for these young children if there is no way to change this when they become adults. I know this is their culture, but they should be able to have some say in a commitment that they are making for life. They are too young to make this decision themselves. If these two are going to be bound for life, they should have some say....and it should be when they are adults.
pantoandy

Post by pantoandy »

oscar;1043558 wrote: You have no right to judge anyone or anyone else's culture. Do you actually know any Pakistani's?? Or are you just simply biased? This has been going on in Pakistan for centurie's.

oscar

had you read my post properly it also states and i quote Pakistan law forbids marriage below the age of 18 – but some Muslim scholars say it is permissible if the bride and groom have reached puberty.

so what they are doing is illegal and should not let these zealot muslim scholars override the law and how has a child reached puberty at 5 and 7 years old respectivly YOU TALK TOTAL TRIPE!!!.

children this young should be protected where ever they live and not forced into some sham marriage to end a parental fued.

i am not biased or racist but i think the parents should be thrown in jail for a month along with the cleric who should be defrocked by the church or whatever the pakistani equivalent is and the children seized and put into care for their own safety.

CHILDREN SHOULD BE PROTECTED NOT EXPLOITED!!
Oscar Namechange

fuzzy butt;1044616 wrote: hmmmm so you do not know about the cultures of the east then? there is a lot of honour , (family honour) at stake in these matches and the children grow up and live in this culture knowing it. It's not abuse to them nor is it seen as abuse nor parents feel they are abusing thier children. And Pakistan has many different sides to it's laws not all federal law is recognised by all pakistani peoples . One of the reasons that pakistan is such an unstable place is because british influence in their laws (thinking one law fits all without recognising the countries diversities) just doesn't work it is too diverse and too many cultures to work.

Fact is the parents have not exploited these children .....but the law has holding them up as a sample for the world to see that it's fitting in with western customs

disgraceful

Thankyou Fuzzy, well said. Infact, i shall say 'Yanni'. Perhaps the poster would like to get a pakistan dictionary and interpret that,???
Oscar Namechange

pantoandy;1044565 wrote: oscar

had you read my post properly it also states and i quote Pakistan law forbids marriage below the age of 18 – but some Muslim scholars say it is permissible if the bride and groom have reached puberty.

so what they are doing is illegal and should not let these zealot muslim scholars override the law and how has a child reached puberty at 5 and 7 years old respectivly YOU TALK TOTAL TRIPE!!!.

children this young should be protected where ever they live and not forced into some sham marriage to end a parental fued.

i am not biased or racist but i think the parents should be thrown in jail for a month along with the cleric who should be defrocked by the church or whatever the pakistani equivalent is and the children seized and put into care for their own safety.

CHILDREN SHOULD BE PROTECTED NOT EXPLOITED!!

First of all..... answer my previous question...... Do you actually know any pakistani or muslim people??

If you did, you would understand that it is a very large country of different religeous sections. What is federal law in the East is not necessarily law in the south or north as an example. Different area's of pakistan have many different laws exactly the same as Britain has different by-laws.

Then we go on to the subject of culture. As i said earlier, you are talking about a culture that i suspect, you have no knowledge of. You are merely doing what many bigoted, jumped up, know all British do and that is pre-judge without fact.

You say it is Pakistan law that participants in a marraige have to be 18. Do you have evidence of this? Find me a link of this pertaining to each and every region of Pakistan!!

You are so bigoted into the British way of life, you believe that there is no other culture other than your view that this is sick. Do you really think that you are the spokesperson for eastern culture?

It is through individuals like yourself that so much conflict is incurred in Eastern countrie's. You find it sick.... So that has to right eh?

How many British weddings have you seen where British people find it 'cute' to dress little kids up in a mini bride and groom outfits and video them kissing for prosperity? Is that also sick??

If you did know anything about muslim or Pakistan culture, you would know that this ceromony is nothing more than a declaration of friendship between familie's.

Even in Pakistan law, this is acceptable and has been going on for centurie's.

Did you read my posts correctly when i said, that no law had been broken. There is no official marraige certificate. The kids have not been forced to consumate a marraige... no sex has taken place.

I suspect that bigotry outweighs your facts and fairer judgement of a culture that you simply don't understand nor want to. You just want to be judge and jury to sound important and if you think i'm talking tripe, then your talking bollocks mate.

Get some facts first or get a life!!!!

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”