skirts or trousers ?

A forum to discuss all to do with clothes, fashion, beauty, and cosmetics.
Bez

skirts or trousers ?

Post by Bez »

The other day Captn. Buzzard said he liked a 'bit of skirt'. I wear trousers of some description 99.9999% of the time .....what about you gals ( and guys if you want to join in)
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
lady cop

skirts or trousers ?

Post by lady cop »

my darling Bothwell wears a kilt sometimes, i consider it so manly and becoming. i will post pic here. but if he wore a dress and slingbacks i'd be concerned! :eek: LOL....i almost never put on girly clothes. but i did while he was here recently. it felt nice. remember that scene in "always" where the tomboy puts on a lovely dress? that's how i felt. i've lived my life in a man's uniform.

Attached files
chonsigirl

skirts or trousers ?

Post by chonsigirl »

I wear pants about 90% of the time. I only wear dresses or skirts to church, never to school. Pants are more practical for work.
chervil

skirts or trousers ?

Post by chervil »

I wear trousers most of the time as they are practical for work and chasing my little terminator around, that said when I feel a bit to frumpy or i'm going out its a skirt and heels every time.
Bez

skirts or trousers ?

Post by Bez »

I've tried to wear skirts when I'm dressing up, but nearly always end up putting my best trousers on...haven't got a problem with my legs, just don't feel comfy. In the summer i wear cropped trousers or cropped jeans...great when you're a bit old for shorts.

I do like a guy in a kilt..you're sooo lucky LC. has Bothwell got a scottish accent to go with it ?
chonsigirl

skirts or trousers ?

Post by chonsigirl »

Never too old for shorts........................:)

And pants come in such cool colors and designs nowdays, what more could you ask for?
lady cop

skirts or trousers ?

Post by lady cop »

his Mum is Scottish, but he is British, and speaks the Queen's English elegantly. :)
pina

skirts or trousers ?

Post by pina »

For years I had to wear a skirt or suit for work so now I live in shorts for 8 months and trousers for the other 4 months. I did wear a dress just a few weeks ago to go out for dinner.....I was so uncomfortable the dress has been put back in the wardrobe and can stay there.

pina

skirts or trousers ?

Post by pina »

lady cop wrote: my darling Bothwell wears a kilt sometimes, i consider it so manly and becoming. i will post pic here. but if he wore a dress and slingbacks i'd be concerned! :eek: LOL....i almost never put on girly clothes. but i did while he was here recently. it felt nice. remember that scene in "always" where the tomboy puts on a lovely dress? that's how i felt. i've lived my life in a man's uniform.

I love this pic LC. Its not surprising you fell in love with him, and that kilt is soooo cooool.

Bez

skirts or trousers ?

Post by Bez »

lady cop wrote: his Mum is Scottish, but he is British, and speaks the Queen's English elegantly. :)

Awwww.....when you move to the UK where are you going to live ?
lady cop

skirts or trousers ?

Post by lady cop »

hi Pina...thanks. i fell in love with his brilliance. he's a genius and historian and scientist and can quote volumes of shakespeare or churchill.( he's also going to kill me for posting this ). Bez, cotswolds area. :-6 (but it did not hurt that he is cute as hell).
theia

skirts or trousers ?

Post by theia »

long skirts everytime :-6
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Kathy

skirts or trousers ?

Post by Kathy »

Being a stay-at-home mommy, it's shorts or cropped pants in the summer and jeans or sweats in the winter....I love to get dressed up, so for church it is always a dress/skirt, suit with heels and pearls, unless there is snow or ice on the ground and then we all show up in jeans and boots!
Betty Boop

skirts or trousers ?

Post by Betty Boop »

Long skirts, short skirts, trousers or jeans whatever I grab first after a quick look at the weather outside!

I love winter and long skirts with boots or jeans with cowboy boots, short skirts with heeled boots.

:thinking: Actually I'm happiest in my boots, doesn't matter what they are accompanied with!:wah:
venus

skirts or trousers ?

Post by venus »

just what Betty said...

we were seperated at birth you know!:wah:
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
Peg

skirts or trousers ?

Post by Peg »

2 questions.

#1. What's a skirt?

#2. What's a dress?:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl
chonsigirl

skirts or trousers ?

Post by chonsigirl »

You go Peg!
actionfigurestepho

skirts or trousers ?

Post by actionfigurestepho »

I LOVE skirts. I haven't worn shorts all summer just because skirts are so comfy. Long hippie skirts over jeans or long johns in the winter, short skirts with flip flops in the heat of the summer, and medium skirts with heels or boots in other weather. I like to flaunt my pallid legs, which are the color of a deceased person's stomach. Quite appealing.

I'm such a hard size to fit for pants that I find skirts so much more comfortable. They just don't make jeans for short girls who have no hips but who possess the "ghetto booty" style of rear end. Let's not even get started on how hard it is to SHOP for pants. With a skirt it's usually S, M or L.
gmc

skirts or trousers ?

Post by gmc »

posted by lady cop

his Mum is Scottish, but he is British, and speaks the Queen's English elegantly.

Oh Dear. Better ask Bothwell what's wrong with that statement:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl
capt_buzzard

skirts or trousers ?

Post by capt_buzzard »

I'm the old fashioned type. I loved the Mini skirt or 'Hot Pants' of 1960s/70s. But even the 1950s,just below the knee worked wonders.

Nah, women in pants,trousers or even jeans is no turn on. BRING BACK THE SKIRT:guitarist :guitarist
LilacDragon

skirts or trousers ?

Post by LilacDragon »

I used to run gas stations, so I wore jeans to work and kept the required khaki pants in my office.

DH and I lived together for 9 years before we got married. Nice civil ceremony with my mom, a friend and two of my kids in attendance. It was the first time he ever saw me in a dress with heels!
Sandi

Bothwell

skirts or trousers ?

Post by Bothwell »

OK GMC I am on it.

My Mother is Scottish, My father English, I was born in England, ergo by blood I am half Scot Half English, By Birth I am English but they key is that you can be all of these and British.

Of course the blood bit is not strictly true my natural father was a damn yank!!!! and my natural mother was English. So lets just recap.

By natural parents half American, half English

By Birth English

By Adoption Half Scot half English

Still British!!!

I going for a lie down in a darkened room now:D
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
Nomad

skirts or trousers ?

Post by Nomad »

*I like to flaunt my pallid legs, which are the color of a deceased person's stomach.*

Flaunt away babydoll !

I love to see women in skirts, but jeans with boots or a very smart pantsuit is a great look. On a footnote semi unrelated, well totally unrelated I love a woman in a baseball cap with a ponytail hanging down.....yummy !
I AM AWESOME MAN
nvalleyvee

skirts or trousers ?

Post by nvalleyvee »

pants in the winter and dresses in the summer.... I hate a brisk breeze in the winter going you know where and I love a little breeze in the summer.... :thinking:
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
gmc

skirts or trousers ?

Post by gmc »

posted by bothwell

OK GMC I am on it.

My Mother is Scottish, My father English, I was born in England, ergo by blood I am half Scot Half English, By Birth I am English but they key is that you can be all of these and British.

Of course the blood bit is not strictly true my natural father was a damn yank!!!! and my natural mother was English. So lets just recap.

By natural parents half American, half English

By Birth English

By Adoption Half Scot half English

Still British!!!

I going for a lie down in a darkened room now

It was the "his mother is scots but he is british and speaks english" that amused. Shades of parliamo glasgow.

Return to “Fashion Clothing”