Spoiled Kids?

A forum to discuss all to do with clothes, fashion, beauty, and cosmetics.
Lon

Spoiled Kids?

Post by Lon »

OK, granted, it's been a long time since I raised a 8 or 9 year old and maybe I am just not up with the times. Today while getting a haircut, I observed in the adjacent salon, two 8 or 9 year old girls getting their nails done, replete with flower decorations etc. Hey, my wife tells me that this is 45 bucks a pop.

Oh, and both girls were on their pretty pink cells talking to whoever. Am I nuts, but isn't this over indulging a bit?
BabyRider

Spoiled Kids?

Post by BabyRider »

8 or 9 years old? No you're not nuts, and YES it's over-indulgent. WAY over-indulgent.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

mominiowa

Spoiled Kids?

Post by mominiowa »

And my 14 year wants a cell phone - I told her - get a job, make the payments and then we will talk about a cell phone..hmmmm am I a bad mom?? there are A LOT of young girls and boys that have them here...I think it is NUTS!:thinking:

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
SweetDarlin

Spoiled Kids?

Post by SweetDarlin »

In general I agree. But there are cases where it's not too uncommon and not "spoiled." Those little pink cell phones are often limited to local friend usage, and fairly cheap. Seen em at target. And what if it was her birthday? This could have been a one time spoiling day!

Ok now that i've played devil's advocate, I'll go back to agreeing with you that this is over the top.
[FONT=Georgia]

[/FONT]
kmhowe72

Spoiled Kids?

Post by kmhowe72 »

I think thats really out there. I would never do that. I believe that is definally to young of age to do anything like that. However my husband and I are guilty of buying our toddlers lot's of toys. We can not seem to leave Walmart with out a toy for each of them. I have 170 peak abd see blocks. The entire peak and see toys that go with the blocks. we have slide outside and one in the play room. we just spent 243. on a swing. Of corse I had that on lay away. we have all the fisher little people collection, even the christmas edition, accept maybe one or two pieces. We have two stuffed pillow spider man's. 12 pupppets. I spider man light, curtains , we want wall boarder. um we have a lady bug comforter for ambers bed, Ladybug pillow and space carpet. six dolls, a kitchen set, a plastic riding horse, one big car, three fire trucks, a hard hat, tool sets. Wooden blocks, mega blocks. A mega block castle. Ten children vidio's. plus the entire set of baby eistein. A rocking chair for them. There own table. One plastic car w/ a handle. three playing balls. Crayons, paper, water colors. You my husband even went and bought A 3ft batman doll for my son (which he didn't need) . I am not braging. I am making a point parents like me have relized with all this, that she has spoiled her children.

My husband and I both have problem. But latley it is getting better. Partly because their is nothing left to buy and because it's toys all around. We have given boxes and baby furniture to the local churches. But it's seems wwe get rid of something their is always more coming in. My husband and I did not have much when we grew up, so I guess we over compaciate a little. At first we believed we were doing it to make sure they had every available educational toy. It's a good thing brainny zanny went out business here we wouldbe iin trouble. But at christmas time we show our children to give. By buying and donating gifts we ever we see a box. I would love all the children to have toys, and things. My husband and I are very blessed to have the good fortune to give are children many things including our love. More then anything else. And on SAT. evenings we get the two kids and we assemble the little people together we all play together. and every night after dinner and a bath , we sit down and we fdo activities. sometimes I think our son suffers from to much stimulation. You know what don't haggle me about it. I no it's to much and we are working on it.:-4
kmhowe
chonsigirl

Spoiled Kids?

Post by chonsigirl »

I'll tell you some of my 7th graders have their hair and nails done professionally all the time, they always look better then me! And cell phones, oh my goodness, alot have them. But then, more than half the kids are just normal young teenagers, without all the gadgets and goop. I know my kids did not get cell phones until they went to college, I didn't see a need for it until then.
actionfigurestepho

Spoiled Kids?

Post by actionfigurestepho »

They're going to make their husbands very misearable one day, that's for sure!
David Hill

Spoiled Kids?

Post by David Hill »

give you kid a cell phone when the go to high school... or if they arent in hughschool but go to school a far way away like a good 45 mins away they should have one im 16 and got mine when i went to highschool, and all I use it for is to talk to my folks and girls now and then... im not a pimp so i dont have a phone book full of girls numbers... the only person i talk the most too is my friend who goes to a different school and we text each other in class all the time
actionfigurestepho

Spoiled Kids?

Post by actionfigurestepho »

David Hill wrote: we text each other in class all the time
That right there is why they have been banning cells in schools, or at least making the kids keep them in their lockers. When I was in high school I kept 50 cents on me for the payphone if I needed to call for a ride. I didn't have a cell until I got into college and even then it was a prepaid, bought for the free long distance and free minutes after 9.

Return to “Fashion Clothing”