Shoes!!!

A forum to discuss all to do with clothes, fashion, beauty, and cosmetics.
john8pies

Shoes!!!

Post by john8pies »

No, I usually notice the accent first!!!!!!! (and strangely, on the occasions when I`ve been to the States, more than one American has mistaken my broad Cockney accent for an Australian one!)
capt_buzzard

Shoes!!!

Post by capt_buzzard »

skittles2004 wrote: Tell Me If I'm Wrong.for You Who Live In Different Countries Can You Really Tell An American Be There Shoes??I'm 8, but in Europe its size 42
Lon

Shoes!!!

Post by Lon »

skittles2004 wrote: Tell Me If I'm Wrong.for You Who Live In Different Countries Can You Really Tell An American Be There Shoes??
New Zealand men wear the ugliest damn shoes I have ever seen. A guy will wear a good suit, shirt and tie, and shoes that look like gumboots. It's hard to find any really stylish men's shoes in NZ, and if you do, they are quite expensive. I am picked out as an American by not only the shoes I wear, but by general grooming and the colors that I wear. Kiwi men (much like in the UK) seem fond of the darker colors. American Tourists are always easy to spot. You can hear them before you see them and they tend to wear more jewelry than the locals.
abbey

Shoes!!!

Post by abbey »

skittles2004 wrote: Tell Me If I'm Wrong.for You Who Live In Different Countries Can You Really Tell An American Be There Shoes??What a strange question!

I would have thought that womans shoes are pretty universal, although the Italians always seem to be 6 months ahead of everywhere else in the fashion stakes.

Whenever i meet someone for the 1st time i always look at the shoes they have on, just one of the many fetishes i have. :-3
abbey

Shoes!!!

Post by abbey »

skittles2004 wrote: well my french teacher is obssesed with shoes and she is always saying that you can tell an american by the shoes they wear!!!Maybe you should ask her to explain how she can tell tell an American by the shoes they wear, then report back to us.
Rapunzel

Shoes!!!

Post by Rapunzel »

Not shoes but hair and teeth! Most American women seem to have those huge back-combed hairstyles, although maybe thats a TV stereotype. Also, all Americans - especially the kids - all seem to have the most beautiful even white teeth! Brits - especially the men - seem to have uneven teeth that you could almost play music on as if they were notes on a score - if you know what I mean!

American women on the whole seem very well-dressed too, especially compared to our own Norah Batty types. This isn't a criticism - just a vague generalisation, I have no wish to offend. :-3

Return to “Fashion Clothing”