Sunless tanning

A forum to discuss all to do with clothes, fashion, beauty, and cosmetics.
Beth

Sunless tanning

Post by Beth »

Anyone ever use sunless tanning products or tried the new air brushed tans at a salon? I'm going to the beach Sunday and want to have a bronzed bod without the baking. Any tips?
abbey

Sunless tanning

Post by abbey »

Beth wrote: Anyone ever use sunless tanning products or tried the new air brushed tans at a salon? I'm going to the beach Sunday and want to have a bronzed bod without the baking. Any tips?I've tried a couple of the air brush systems.

St Tropez is the best so far, no streaking & a lovely natural looking tan.

I had a go in on a cheaper version & spent the next 2 days scrubbing my bod trying to get it off!!
BabyRider

Sunless tanning

Post by BabyRider »

Hey Beth...I fake & bake, but some of the customers at the salon I use really like the Mystic tan. (The spray-on, 30-second tan.) The only thing is, even if you get a couple applications of the mist, it provides zero sun protection. So you can look really tan, but still get burned at the beach, as if you had no color at all. If you're looking for just color and not worried about SPF, that's the way I'd go. I've never found a sunless tanner in the store that didn't turn orange or streak, and turn my palms a ridiculous color. Of course, I have no patience, and that is a necessity when applying those things.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Beth

Sunless tanning

Post by Beth »

Thanks for the info, guys. I'm not worried about the SPF, I'll be wearing sunblock and be under the umbrella alot through the peak hours -to avoid a migrane.
john8pies

Sunless tanning

Post by john8pies »

If the temperature goes above freezing, I usually frazzle, so any tips would be greatly appreciated. incidentally, Beth, is that Simon Cowell in your atavar or are you just closely related?!
Beth

Sunless tanning

Post by Beth »

Hehe. No, he's just an infatuation.
Agnes

Sunless tanning

Post by Agnes »

the way the sun has been here, just 20 minutes and you are fryed. :-6
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :yh_beatup
Jives

Sunless tanning

Post by Jives »

I'm a Sun-worshipper, so it's against my religion to use those things. (and apparently skin cancer is fine by me).

But realistically, I've tried everything and I agree that the ability to put that stuff on smoothly so you don't look like a Tiger-striped carrot is very rare. Certainly out of my league.

What i try to do is get about 1 hour of sun a day at a #4 SPF for a week, then switch to a #8 for about a month, and finally end the Summer with 2 hours a day at a #15.

I go the the Holiday Inn pool right after school's out. I have an old keycard I "forgot" to tuen in, and a white towel. I carry the towel in a briefcase so as to look like a businessman. I take care to say hi to the desk people and the janitor, so by the second week, they assume I'm a traveling salesman staying at the hotel for the Summer. (It's common.):D

And it's me by the pool for the Summer!
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
Nuthrday

Sunless tanning

Post by Nuthrday »

You're a very very bad man! LOL!!
babygirl

Sunless tanning

Post by babygirl »

abbey wrote: I've tried a couple of the air brush systems.

St Tropez is the best so far, no streaking & a lovely natural looking tan.

I had a go in on a cheaper version & spent the next 2 days scrubbing my bod trying to get it off!!

Hey Abbey i have tried that one and i love it but it is rather expensive.

I need to use self tanning products as i do not burn or go brown in the sun i went to Florida for 2 weeks and i came back white just the same as i went >
Live life to the max as you only get to do it once!! make your dreams come true :-4

pink princess

Sunless tanning

Post by pink princess »

Beth wrote: Hehe. No, he's just an infatuation.
i comepletely understand!! hes yummy!
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4
Peg

Sunless tanning

Post by Peg »

Since I work days, and it usually rains on my days off, I've been going to a tanning bed. It's supposed to help arthritis too but it hasn't worked. I should be decently dark by now, but I'm barely tan! Oh well, at least it's a relaxing 15 minutes in my day.
abbey

Sunless tanning

Post by abbey »

Angel chocobo wrote: Hey Abbey i have tried that one and i love it but it is rather expensive.

I need to use self tanning products as i do not burn or go brown in the sun i went to Florida for 2 weeks and i came back white just the same as i went >Try getting your hands on some of Steve whatley's zhuzh ,you can't buy it in the shops you have to get it on line.

It's the only accelerator i've used that actually works, and you get a really deep tan with it, on sunbeds or in natural sunlight.

It can be a little expensive but if you're paying big money for a hol and you want a good tan then its worth it x.
abbey

Sunless tanning

Post by abbey »

Peg wrote: Since I work days, and it usually rains on my days off, I've been going to a tanning bed. It's supposed to help arthritis too but it hasn't worked. I should be decently dark by now, but I'm barely tan! Oh well, at least it's a relaxing 15 minutes in my day.Maybe the sunbed shop dont change the tubes as often as they should.

If they're old tubes you may as well just lie under a flourecent light bulb!
actionfigurestepho

Sunless tanning

Post by actionfigurestepho »

I know this is an old post, but I just tried a new sunless tanning product and I'm so amazed at the results I felt it should have a free plug!

Loreal Sublime Bronze gel is the Mac Daddy of sunless tanning products, and believe me, I've tried a lot of them. A little goes a LONG way with this product, but it's virtually streak free and no one who's asked me about my tan can believe it's fake. It's pretty cheap too---about $8 a tube, but as I said before, a tiny bit will last and last. Hurrah for sunless tanning!

Return to “Fashion Clothing”