Mens Jewellery?

A forum to discuss all to do with clothes, fashion, beauty, and cosmetics.
Tombstone

Mens Jewellery?

Post by Tombstone »

It's definitely a generational thing that I see. To be different now is to *not have a tattoo! :)

I wear a wedding ring and that's it. No watch, no ear-rings, no necklace. All are distractions and uncomfortable. When did the Bling-Bling thing start? Is it just an offshoot of the 1980's thing of wearing a Rolex to show off your "wealth"?

As a former business exec., I could almost always accurately tell a person's net worth by the amount of jewelry they wore. (Men only - didn't apply to women.) The more bling, the less they were worth. "All show and no-go" - or "Big hat no cattle" applies. Of course, the caveat of this is that I'm not talking about sports or rock stars.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
hotsauce

Mens Jewellery?

Post by hotsauce »

one ring...one watch on a man...that is all I like. much more...and they look like a girlie man. :yh_loser
minks

Mens Jewellery?

Post by minks »

here in Canada it is age dependant.

Young guys are into piereced everything.

Older men seem to wear nothing including wedding rings ahahahahaha

and sleazy johnny swavou kinda guys wear too much gold.

I think simple is best. I love a bracelet on a male. My guy currently sports a pierced top part of his ear. He is high up on the IT food chain at work and it is descrete enough nobody minds.

I guess your position in life counts too.

Still say simple.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
BabyRider

Mens Jewellery?

Post by BabyRider »

In my neck of the woods, all that gold signifies one of 3 types of people: Gang-bangers, pimps, or mafia wanna-be's. None of whom are attractive to me. It looks stupid, and obvious. Nope, don't like it a bit!
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

minks

Mens Jewellery?

Post by minks »

BabyRider wrote: In my neck of the woods, all that gold signifies one of 3 types of people: Gang-bangers, pimps, or mafia wanna-be's. None of whom are attractive to me. It looks stupid, and obvious. Nope, don't like it a bit!

Silver all the way for me. Silver and simple and subtle

― Mae West
pink princess

Mens Jewellery?

Post by pink princess »

feelthepulse wrote: I think some women too wear loads to much 'bling', multiple necklaces, earrings and bangles. It makes them look a bit tarty in my opinion, but wht do you think?
agree entirely - all too chavvy!!!

as for guys, i like ears/eyebrows pierced (top of the ear though)

rings, one, two maximum

bracelet - up to them

necklace - not sure if i like guys with necklaces on

certainly cant wear all of the above at the same time though and definitely NOT the big chunky FAKE gold stuff they are all wearing today, mus have cost them at least £2.99 down the market.......!
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4
greydeadhead

Mens Jewellery?

Post by greydeadhead »

it really depends on the person.. some people can wear an earring or piercing and it looks fine.. others it looks ummmm.. out of place... myself.. used to wear an earring.. then got a real job.. damn.. sooo... 4 tats.. none anywhere that would show at work.. single black pearl around the neck.. no rings.. watch.. pretty plain fare...
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
lady cop

Mens Jewellery?

Post by lady cop »

Tombstone, you are soooo cool! i wear the following, which mean something to me...a tiny gun on a gold chain on my neck. a gucchi anchor chain with a coin from the atocha, a keys thing. a shark ring sometimes. a bracelet of dolphins that a son gave me. and my lover's wings which mean the world to me. a watch when i am working. but it's red croc with diamonds!! my honey wears my ring, a silver band with latin inscription...but i am afraid it's cutting off his circulation!
smithy87

Mens Jewellery?

Post by smithy87 »

I wear my wedding/engagement/eternity ring which are all subtle, not OTT. I have a white and pink diamond ring on my right hand which has an unusual design (very feminine and pretty) and a bracelet. My fella wears his wedding ring and a watch. He's into watches and has six, so he swaps around every now and again.

An important customer came to see me at work yesterday. He was in his late fifties, hair gelled back, open neck shirt with a gold chain on, THREE rings on his right hand and matching chav bracelet and on his left wrist a watch which looked fake and a lovely white band round his wedding finger where he had taken his wedding ring off! He stunk of Old Spice or something. :yh_sick

God that hour dragged....
devist8me

Mens Jewellery?

Post by devist8me »

The men around me don't seem to wear too much jewelry....the biggest thing I see are 2 or 3 ear ring studs. But celebrities are wearing more and more "bling", especially the rappers. They are spending 10s of thousands of dollars on their bling. I think it looks cool if your in the public eye like that, but regular folks....it would look all wrong on.

My husband wears his wedding ring and a gold rope chain I bought him 9 years ago, or so. I like simple chains around mens necks. Sexy in my opinion.
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
minks

Mens Jewellery?

Post by minks »

myself I wear way lots of jewellery always have always will, tis my style.

Silver mostly

and beaded for fun

1 silver toe ring

1 beaded ankle bracelet

6 rings (non-wedding style all silver)

2 special silver bracelets

1 very male looking water proof watch

silver necklace with celtic heart (very sentimental)

and 2 silver hoops in each ear.

Gack seems a lot but most has a sentimental reason.

― Mae West
capt_buzzard

Mens Jewellery?

Post by capt_buzzard »

One ring,one watch. I'm not into jewellery.
Peg

Mens Jewellery?

Post by Peg »

There's a guy that comes in where I work. He wears more gold chains than Mr. T and they probably weigh more than the man hisself. He also wears at least 6 rings, and just got an ear pierced. He looks like a pimp wannabe! He tries to tell me, "I got a really good deal on this new ring. I only paid $900." I usually reply, "Man did you get ripped off!" It's just not a good look on a 60+, thin as a rail man. :wah:
Wolverine

Mens Jewellery?

Post by Wolverine »

I have an extreme fondness for Fossil watches. Own 13. I like Big, heavy, metal watches. I have my left ear pierced. Usuaally wear a simple Celtic hoop. and I wear my grandmother's engagement ring on my left pinkie finger. gold band with a cross etched into it.

that's it.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

capt_buzzard

Mens Jewellery?

Post by capt_buzzard »

Peg wrote: There's a guy that comes in where I work. He wears more gold chains than Mr. T and they probably weigh more than the man hisself. He also wears at least 6 rings, and just got an ear pierced. He looks like a pimp wannabe! He tries to tell me, "I got a really good deal on this new ring. I only paid $900." I usually reply, "Man did you get ripped off!" It's just not a good look on a 60+, thin as a rail man. :wah:Oh I hate that on guys. Looks too flashy. Don't like too much jewellery on Women either
Wolverine

Mens Jewellery?

Post by Wolverine »

flopstock wrote: Ah , the fossil fetish....I've come across this before. How many do you wear at once?

Does the left ear tell me something the right doesn't? and is it a stud or dangle earring..?

I like the grammas ring thing..yep, i really do

Only one at a time, silly. :wah: This way i have one for every day of the week. I think I'll be able to stop when I have one for every day of the month.

I have a green faced one for St. Patty's, a red one for V-tine's, a flag one for the 4th, an orange one for Halloween, a Husker one for college football Saturday. I am trying to find Superhero ones. Not easy.

(whispering)ok i might have a slight problem. seeing it written out like that. Heroine might be cheaper.

I don't know about the left or the right. Just have not gotten around to doing the other one. It is not quite a half inch hoop. Can't wear it at work though.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

minks

Mens Jewellery?

Post by minks »

Wolverine wrote: Only one at a time, silly. :wah: This way i have one for every day of the week. I think I'll be able to stop when I have one for every day of the month.

I have a green faced one for St. Patty's, a red one for V-tine's, a flag one for the 4th, an orange one for Halloween, a Husker one for college football Saturday. I am trying to find Superhero ones. Not easy.

(whispering)ok i might have a slight problem. seeing it written out like that. Heroine might be cheaper.

I don't know about the left or the right. Just have not gotten around to doing the other one. It is not quite a half inch hoop. Can't wear it at work though.

I have a collection of Micky Mouse Watch's and love em, but when I got into water sports I had to get a water proof watch, ugly as sin but I am one of those idiots who has to has to have a watch on all the time.

I heard rumor a pierced ear on a male means nothing anymore, left or right. The BF has his right pierced, and was pushing the envelope at work with it, but they just smile and nod at him. (white collar worker that boy is) Now he wants a second one same ear, however I think bosses will find that a little over the top.

As for guys in gold dripping jewllery bleck how pimp like is that

― Mae West

Return to “Fashion Clothing”