I'm on the team..... NOT

A forum to discuss all to do with clothes, fashion, beauty, and cosmetics.
koan

I'm on the team..... NOT

Post by koan »

Can someone please explain to me why so many people go to sports games pretending to be a player on the team by wearing a replica of the person's team shirt?
grh

I'm on the team..... NOT

Post by grh »

I'm probably not the person to ask as I have a cub logo tattooed on the ass...:wah:
Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

:yh_glasse

rambo
Sheryl

I'm on the team..... NOT

Post by Sheryl »

Well I know parents do it to show support for their kid. If your talking professional sports wise, I have no idea.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
koan

I'm on the team..... NOT

Post by koan »

It caused a lot of confusion when I went to a Raptors game. I couldn't figure out how Bosh had so many family members spread out over the place. Then I realised that some of these people couldn't be related!
guppy

I'm on the team..... NOT

Post by guppy »

they are showing support for their fav..players..i would guess..
guppy

I'm on the team..... NOT

Post by guppy »

koan;730643 wrote: It caused a lot of confusion when I went to a Raptors game. I couldn't figure out how Bosh had so many family members spread out over the place. Then I realised that some of these people couldn't be related!

do you have blonde roots koan...:wah: you are a true blonde at heart...:p
koan

I'm on the team..... NOT

Post by koan »

But do they actually want to be him?

I was also treated to a neighbour at the game who seemed to think he was Howard Cosell.
G-man

I'm on the team..... NOT

Post by G-man »

I can't imagine that they'd seriously be impersonating their favourite sport stars, so they must be living vicariously through them or summat. :D

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

koan

I'm on the team..... NOT

Post by koan »

If any of the white dudes had browned themselves up I think I might have called the mental health unit. Mind you, I wonder about the face painters too. :p

By half time, it was a good thing they all had the guy's shirt on or I wouldn't have known he was any good. TJ Ford was the only one playing b-ball for Toronto that night.
Nomad

I'm on the team..... NOT

Post by Nomad »

This isnt a serious question.

Theres a phenomena that occurs when you put thousands of people together united in one cause. It could be anything from church to a football game.

Its a buzz like no other, often a frenzy.

You need something to root for in order to become emotionally involved.

If you remain detached or disinterested its going to be a boring 3 hrs.

The jerseys represent adulation and admiration. Wearing a players jersey brings you closer to the field or ice, it lets you develop a relationship with the sport that can become very personal. I think more than anything it allows you to just become immersed in something other than your own life for a short time.

Sports have been serving that purpose since gladiators were thrown in the arena with lions. (God I wish theyd bring that back)

In sports the andrenaline flows stronger when you have a vested interest, could be in the whole team or in particular one player because of excellent qualities he might represent.

If you didnt care who won or how your guy was doing the game would be considerably less interesting.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Chezzie

I'm on the team..... NOT

Post by Chezzie »

Like In football matches it

a) shows you like a certain team and the peticular person of who's name you have splattered over your back and

B) the clubs rake in loads of dosh from selling em:wah:
Chezzie

I'm on the team..... NOT

Post by Chezzie »

jimbo;731094 wrote: my new shirt :D:D

fecken excellent*:wah::wah::wah::wah:
SuzyB

I'm on the team..... NOT

Post by SuzyB »

Jim brought me a Paul Robinson tshirt, I wear it to bed, not everyone gets to say that they've slept with Paul Robinson :sneaky:
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Chezzie

I'm on the team..... NOT

Post by Chezzie »

jimbo;731102 wrote: and just like the tottenham goal keeper ,there are still a lot of balls dropped in the box :wah::wah::lips:.........:o

But hopefully no near misses into the wrong box:lips::sneaky:
SuzyB

I'm on the team..... NOT

Post by SuzyB »

jimbo;731102 wrote: and just like the tottenham goal keeper ,there are still a lot of balls dropped in the box :wah::lips:.........:o

Oi nothing wrong with my ball control:wah:

Chezzie;731108 wrote: But hopefully no near misses into the wrong box:lips::sneaky:

That is soo wrong but so funny...*insert laughing smilie here*
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Chezzie

I'm on the team..... NOT

Post by Chezzie »

:wah::wah::wah:
Nomad

I'm on the team..... NOT

Post by Nomad »

Speaking of moderating shouldnt this really be in the sports section ?

Its not so much about fashion as it is about sporting fever. Sure one could make the argument that a jersey is clothing but I feel that would be inaccurate and totally missing the point of conversation.

So as a mod koan are you willing and able to stand up in front of your peers and lay claim to an egregious posting error and ask for forgiveness ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
koan

I'm on the team..... NOT

Post by koan »

the placement of said thread was carefully considered.

I aimed and headed for the sports forum, encountered fashion and clothing and made the final decision during the pause.

many people at the game chose to not wear these shirts so it became more of a fashion option.
Nomad

I'm on the team..... NOT

Post by Nomad »

koan;731197 wrote: the placement of said thread was carefully considered.

I aimed and headed for the sports forum, encountered fashion and clothing and made the final decision during the pause.

many people at the game chose to not wear these shirts so it became more of a fashion option.

Sounds more like a fan base attitude problem.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Fashion Clothing”