Saggin' - The Other Crack Epidemic

A forum to discuss all to do with clothes, fashion, beauty, and cosmetics.
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

From NPR :

Saggin' — young men wearing their pants with the waistband closer to their knees than their hips — has been around for years. But a growing number of adults are deciding they've had enough. In Dallas, an interesting mix of politicians, hip-hop artists and white businessmen are announcing a citywide campaign with a simple message: Pull Your Pants Up.

Deputy Mayor Dwaine Caraway's work life usually involves economic development, crime, housing-code enforcement and stray dogs. But the drumbeat of anger from South Dallas, the predominately black part of town, got so loud that Caraway decided to take a little detour into law enforcement work — fashion police.

"You have some folks that don't even have on underwear, period," he says. "And who's to say what the generation that's looking at this generation will do after these guys?"

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... d=15534306

Attached files
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

didn't Louisiana do something about their crack :D problem too recently?? :D

what about the females that like to have their thongs hanging out? The male politicians aren't concerned with that?? :thinking:

Post by 911 »

sunny104;717436 wrote: didn't Louisiana do something about their crack :D problem too recently?? :D

what about the females that like to have their thongs hanging out? The male politicians aren't concerned with that?? :thinking:

That is so nasty! :-5
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Haha!!! So it's a jail thing?? Okay, I think a smart convict would want to cover up his butt in prison, but hey what do I know? :wah:

I have seen pants to low recently around my town that I don't know how the guys even walk without stumbling!

And I agree- women in thong underwear is just icky. I remember when showing a brastrap in public was considered sloppy or sleazy and now we just show our drawers!

Good subject Richard! :-6

Post by 911 »

I still don't like women showing their bra straps.

What's the point in wearing a halter top if you wear a bra? That's tacky!:o
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

911;717455 wrote: I still don't like women showing their bra straps.

What's the point in wearing a halter top if you wear a bra? That's tacky!:o

That's a good point, 911, but for me I'd rather see a bra strap than a braless woman in public. Isn't that odd? I was raised with a lot of modesty and not wearing a bra in public was considered cheap and sloppy. A bra strap showing meant you were lady enough to be wearing a bra. Funny what they teach kids, eh? I won't be caught dead without mine in public, like when I'm at the store or someone's house but in my home all bets are off. And if people come over they find me braless and I don't care because I'm at home. Weird.
moonpie

Post by moonpie »

What I can't get over is seeing these very young girls who are definitely overweight, wearing these really skimpy tops that show off their very extra-thick waistlines with fat hanging over their jeans. I don't think that parents are checking their kids out too closely before they leave the house. Just IMO.:(
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Yeah I've had enough of those skimpy tops too, Moonpie. They look like the girl shops in the toddler section. :wah:
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

My daughter is 6. And wears a 5 or 6 in girls. Do you know how hard it is to find a pair of jeans that cover her whole butt. even with a belt,the crotch is so short,that when she bends over or sits on the floor, her pantites show.

It aggravates me. Clothing designers should know, not all moms want their kids butt hanging out.:mad:

I'm ready for a new trend, I think:-3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Yes, I am really amazed at what kind of clothes kids wear now. I'm pretty liberal with that stuff usually but when I see 11 and 12 year olds wearing hipster pants and those painted-on shirts with sleazy sayings on them, I think it's too much too soon.
lalalala

Post by lalalala »

I see alot of men who can barely walk up the steps without pulling up their pants the way a woman would pull up her dress to prevent stepping on it. Alot of the girls here in LA like to wear tight jeans with their flab hanging over them. I always pull my male friends pants up just to **** them off :wah:. To me, wearing your pants low is not attractive at all. I agree the children clothing is going too far. Compared to what I use to wear as a child, the kids today are wearing nothing.
bne1

Post by bne1 »

RedGlitter;717463 wrote: That's a good point, 911, but for me I'd rather see a bra strap than a braless woman in public. Isn't that odd? I was raised with a lot of modesty and not wearing a bra in public was considered cheap and sloppy. A bra strap showing meant you were lady enough to be wearing a bra. Funny what they teach kids, eh? I won't be caught dead without mine in public, like when I'm at the store or someone's house but in my home all bets are off. And if people come over they find me braless and I don't care because I'm at home. Weird.

Why doesn't the voting public tell politicians to mind their own damn business about clothing. Given half the chance some politicians would have women in the west wearing burkahs.

Return to “Fashion Clothing”