Fur or Faux?

A forum to discuss all to do with clothes, fashion, beauty, and cosmetics.
Sweet Tooth

Fur or Faux?

Post by Sweet Tooth »

So, would you wear real fur or do you prefer the faux, or neither? tell me why! and let's try to behave!
sunny104

Fur or Faux?

Post by sunny104 »

neither. It's just not a look I like.
Bryn Mawr

Fur or Faux?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Sweet Tooth;561147 wrote: So, would you wear real fur or do you prefer the faux, or neither? tell me why! and let's try to behave!

I prefur it still on its rightful owner
crazygal

Fur or Faux?

Post by crazygal »

I wouldn't wear real fur because I love animals too much, rather wear human skin as they're just people. :p

I wouldn't wear fake either, just don't like the look of it although I have seen coats with just the fake fur collars I think look nice. If anyone would like to buy me one they'd be welcome. :D :wah:
Sweet Tooth

Fur or Faux?

Post by Sweet Tooth »

Bryn Mawr;561154 wrote: I prefur it still on its rightful owner
Nice play on words! is it becuase you dont like fur or you don't think we should use fur for personal reason?
crazygal

Fur or Faux?

Post by crazygal »

almostfamous;561164 wrote: neither. the thought of an animal being slaughtered for my "fashion" desires makes me wanna gag. faux is just as ridiculous as it appears to adhere to the idea the killing animals for the fur is acceptable as well.

can't wait for RG's response on this one :-6

Good point, never thought of that.
RedGlitter

Fur or Faux?

Post by RedGlitter »

crazygal;561161 wrote: I wouldn't wear real fur because I love animals too much, rather wear human skin as they're just people.

I wouldn't wear fake either, just don't like the look of it although I have seen coats with just the fake fur collars I think look nice. If anyone would like to buy me one they'd be welcome. :D :wah:

I think we're going to be getting along just fine. :-6

Almost Famous- too funny! You knew I'd be here! :wah:

I would never wear real fur and would give it back were I gifted with it. I would not wear fake fur because I wouldn't want someone thinking it was real. Leather is bad enough. Fur is unnacceptable to me. Like Bryn said...its rightful owner. Someday that'll be true for leather too.
Patsy Warnick

Fur or Faux?

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Fur

Although I don't live in a climate that requires a coat - I don't like anything fake.

You don't want a fake diamond do you? I don't want a fake mink coat.

Patsy
Bryn Mawr

Fur or Faux?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Sweet Tooth;561162 wrote: Nice play on words! is it becuase you dont like fur or you don't think we should use fur for personal reason?

After a life looking after assorted dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, horses, hamsters, etc I just think it looks and feels better on a live animal than dead on a person.
Bryn Mawr

Fur or Faux?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

RedGlitter;561185 wrote: I think we're going to be getting along just fine. :-6

Almost Famous- too funny! You knew I'd be here! :wah:

I would never wear real fur and would give it back were I gifted with it. I would not wear fake fur because I wouldn't want someone thinking it was real. Leather is bad enough. Fur is unnacceptable to me. Like Bryn said...its rightful owner. Someday that'll be true for leather too.

Whilst people eat meat then leather will be a by product of the food industry.

And before you ask, I'm not a vegitarian.
RedGlitter

Fur or Faux?

Post by RedGlitter »

Bryn Mawr;561200 wrote: Whilst people eat meat then leather will be a by product of the food industry.

And before you ask, I'm not a vegitarian.

There's nothing wrong with vegetarian, Bryn. No disclaimer needed.
Bryn Mawr

Fur or Faux?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

RedGlitter;561212 wrote: There's nothing wrong with vegetarian, Bryn. No disclaimer needed.

Nothing wrong indeed - two of my daughters are vegi. I was just trying to make my position clearer.
laneybug

Fur or Faux?

Post by laneybug »

Neither. Has absolutely nothing to do with ethical reasons or my personal beliefs. I've just never liked the look of fur, real or not. I do love leather, though. The smell of real leather is just wonderful, but fake is fine with me too. I'm not against using real animal products. I eat animals, an animal will probably eat me when I'm dead, like the worms! It all goes around.
It is better to have your mind opened by wonder

than closed by belief.
zinkyusa

Fur or Faux?

Post by zinkyusa »

speaking of fur:

A bear said to a rabbit,"Do you have problems with $hit sticking to your fur?" The rabbit said,"No, why?" The bear picked up the rabbit and wiped his a$$ with it.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
laneybug

Fur or Faux?

Post by laneybug »

magenta flame;611078 wrote: Well I'm about to **** a whole lotta people off.

Fur? absolutely! I do not condone cruelty but if the thing is going to die then why waste it's pelt?

I have know problem using cat or dog pelts .......Think of how many animals are put down everyday around the world why waste a resource.

I completely agree. I don't like animal cruelty and I think killing an animal just for it's fur and not using the rest of it for food, etc. is wrong. But, if the animal is going to die, use the fur. That's what the Native Americans did, along with many other tribal people. No waste. Why not a cat or dog fur coat? I love my little kitty... and she has a beautiful coat. :sneaky: Oh that's wrong... I'm really kidding!! :wah: :lips:

than closed by belief.
laneybug

Fur or Faux?

Post by laneybug »

zinkyusa;611120 wrote: speaking of fur:

A bear said to a rabbit,"Do you have problems with $hit sticking to your fur?" The rabbit said,"No, why?" The bear picked up the rabbit and wiped his a$$ with it.

:wah: :wah: Cute!

than closed by belief.
RedGlitter

Fur or Faux?

Post by RedGlitter »

magenta flame;611078 wrote: Well I'm about to **** a whole lotta people off.

Fur? absolutely! I do not condone cruelty but if the thing is going to die then why waste it's pelt?

I have know problem using cat or dog pelts .......Think of how many animals are put down everyday around the world why waste a resource.

Christ Almighty.

If we're taking that angle, why not just make gloves out of the skin of homeless people? They're going to die anyway and why waste a resource?

Animals are put down worldwide every day because people f*cked up. That's why it happens. That does not render the animals a "resource."
nvalleyvee

Fur or Faux?

Post by nvalleyvee »

Sweet Tooth;561147 wrote: So, would you wear real fur or do you prefer the faux, or neither? tell me why! and let's try to behave!

I do for fur.........the environmentalists have gone so far for FUR ................they are'nt endangered anmore.

What is your opinion on farm raised???
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
nvalleyvee

Fur or Faux?

Post by nvalleyvee »

I do fur.........the environmentalists have gone so far for FUR .....................they aren't endangered anmore.

The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
RedGlitter

Fur or Faux?

Post by RedGlitter »

nvalleyvee;611240 wrote: I do fur.........the environmentalists have gone so far for FUR .....................they aren't endangered anmore.

That it's just as wrong. Trapped or farm-raised, 3,000 volts up the rectum so some self absorbed dumbass can wear your skin is still ethically wrong.

If an animal feels pain, it's wrong. Just that easy.
laneybug

Fur or Faux?

Post by laneybug »

RedGlitter;611229 wrote: Christ Almighty.

If we're taking that angle, why not just make gloves out of the skin of homeless people? They're going to die anyway and why waste a resource?

Animals are put down worldwide every day because people f*cked up. That's why it happens. That does not render the animals a "resource."

Animals to homeless people is quite the stretch. First, the animals in question are already dead, homeless people are not. Sometimes animals are put down and it has nothing to do with people f'ing up. Some people eat meat, and that's just how it is and probably how it will always stay. So why not use the hide or fur as well if we're going to eat the animal anyway? I don't agree with raising and killing animals just for their fur, but if they're going to be used as food, why not use their fur for clothing as well? I don't wear fur, I think it's tacky, but I don't disagree entirely with others wearing it.

RG, you may disagree with eating animals altogether and that's fine. But animals eat other animals, and humans are animals, so we eat them as well. It's all a cycle. Is there cruelty out there, yes, of course there is. I think the focus should be on cruelty-free animal products, not ruling out eating them altogether.

than closed by belief.
gpthomlinson

Fur or Faux?

Post by gpthomlinson »

Hi All

I don't wear fur, but what should people living in REALLY cold places do? I mean, in places where it regularly gets to 35 degrees and more below freezing, and if their work or life requires them to be outside for long periods of time? What do they do? (And don't say "move" :). Does fake fur really work as well?

Gail
RedGlitter

Fur or Faux?

Post by RedGlitter »

Maybe some insulated Polartek fleece?
sunny104

Fur or Faux?

Post by sunny104 »

RedGlitter;758714 wrote: Maybe some insulated Polartek fleece?

you can't beat fleece. It even kept me warm in Nebraska!! :eek: :D
lalalala

Fur or Faux?

Post by lalalala »

Neither. I remember my aunt having a rabbit fur coat. It was nice and soft but I kept thinking "poor rabbit." She told me when I got older (she told me this when I was a kid) she would let me have it. I said no thanks. Was never a fur fan. Real or faux.
abbey

Fur or Faux?

Post by abbey »

Soberano;611077 wrote: I once had a Donkey jacket.:D:wah: I miss my bosom Man U buddy :-1
ilovebeauty

Fur or Faux?

Post by ilovebeauty »

faux
ilovebeauty

Fur or Faux?

Post by ilovebeauty »

Definitely faux.

Return to “Fashion Clothing”