Logos and designer stuff.

A forum to discuss all to do with clothes, fashion, beauty, and cosmetics.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Is it only me who objects to wearing clothes with little (or large) "logos" on them? I don't buy, if I can help it, any of these, & if I spot a nice item it's a big disappointment to find that it has been spoiled by someone stitching a logo onto it, as I don't buy it.

And why is some "designer" stuff, which AFAICS is just clothing with some logo or design on it, of such poor quality, and so expensive?
Paula

Post by Paula »

Keep life simple. I went to Monogramit, a local store that adds stitching to clothing, hats, blankets, pocket books, etc....I purchased assorted sweatshirts by different makers and colors? In the summer-assorted cotton tees, whats so hard about that? Keep it simple, i am still a woman, i think... :-6
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

I agree, Bill. I refuse to be a walking billboard for anyone. (No pun intended.) :wah:
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

Bill Sikes wrote: Is it only me who objects to wearing clothes with little (or large) "logos" on them? I don't buy, if I can help it, any of these, & if I spot a nice item it's a big disappointment to find that it has been spoiled by someone stitching a logo onto it, as I don't buy it.

And why is some "designer" stuff, which AFAICS is just clothing with some logo or design on it, of such poor quality, and so expensive?
I agree. I also don't like to be a walking billboard - unless it's my company or my friends! heh.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

I would never ever wear a company logo,or any other logo for any organisation, political party or otherwise.
valerie

Post by valerie »

I think it really depends (at least for moi!) on what the "logo" is... I

wouldn't advertise anything for Ralph Lauren but I do for my local

German Shepherd Dog Rescue organization.

And things like a cap my cousin gave me who raises and trains quarter

horses. (He has the same last name as MINE!!) That was free.

But I think most logos just make the clothing more expensive. Sometimes

it can't be avoided (Nike shoes maybe?) if you can't get good quality

unless you buy something that does have the logo!!
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

i have a real disdain for legible clothing. that said, the desire to associate oneself with something that one is particularly fond of, or proud to be a user of, does seem to be a relatively fundamental emotion. the one shirt i've worn where i felt proud to wear a logo was a Sun Microsystem's polo shirt they sent to me for having written a letter to the editor of Business Week that gave high praise to Sun products. I'm a real 'fan' of Sun's hardware, and even their operating system, which the penguinoids tend to scoff at. but i digress.

the only time i now wear legible clothing is when i'm changing the oil in my car, i.e. i don't care if it gets ruined...
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
weeder

Post by weeder »

Bill Sikes wrote: Is it only me who objects to wearing clothes with little (or large) "logos" on them? I don't buy, if I can help it, any of these, & if I spot a nice item it's a big disappointment to find that it has been spoiled by someone stitching a logo onto it, as I don't buy it.

I absolutely have never purchased or worn anything with a logo on it. I have felt that way for all of my life. Will not pay the price, have no need to impress anyone, and think it is positively obnoxious to be a billboard for anyone. IS THAT CLEAR?

"Come on weeder... say how you feel" Ok I will. Thank You
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
smithy87

Post by smithy87 »

Some things I buy do have logos on them but I haven't bought them because of that reason. I buy Miss Sixty jeans basically for the fit. If they took the logo off the back it wouldn't bother me. And I buy Nike Shox trainers becuase they are really comfy, again not because of the logo. If they took it off I'd still buy them.

Comfort over logos.

I don't own anything designer like Gucci or D&G because I won't pay through the nose for the sake of a label (that sometimes you can't even see!) and if I shrunk it in the wash I'd be well pissed off :D
devist8me

Post by devist8me »

I guess I am one,not to give a thought to logos. I have some I where as grunge clothes because I am just cleaning around the house or working outside. But I have some Eddie Bauer ones that I will wear say, out to dinner. The thinking is that it may be only a T-shirt, but the logo shows its a "nice" T. My work is always sending free T-shirts home with something or other that has to do with St Johns. I wear those out and about too.
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
Jives

Post by Jives »

ME! (Jives raises his hand, then notices he is the only one in the room with his hand up.)

Umm...I'm a Logo junkie! AND PROUD OF IT! I love little "Tiggers" , 'Swooshes" , symbols, my name, whatever! I must be genetically related to "Laverne" of "Laverne and Shirley"

Or maybe the kids just rub off on me...they're addicted to logos.

Since I'm a teacher, and High Schools have all kinds of "Logo paraphenalia" I have Rocinante T-shirts, sweaters, pullovers, frisbees, sweatshirts,fleecies,hats, etc, etc, etc. I spent 10 years at Mesa View Middle School and I'll bet about half my closet is Mesa View Logo stuff.

Now I run the Transition Academy, and guess what? I just picked up this new kind of paper that you can put a logo or design on, print out from your computer, then iron on!!!!

T-shirt logo Heaven here I come!!! :D
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

Well...I'm glad you spoke up, Jives. There IS safety in numbers. Yeah, I have lots of logo clothing. I'm feeling all guilty and self conscious about it now! Sheesh!! ;)
babygirl

Post by babygirl »

The only thing with a logo on i buy is trainers as they are comfy but i don't buy clothes. My bf loves logos too expensive :-6
Live life to the max as you only get to do it once!! make your dreams come true :-4

Lon

Post by Lon »

Too bad we can't get paid for it like the Golf Pros and other jocks, or at least free clothing for advertising them.
mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

Ok but would you all wear a "Dawn's Angels" Realy for Life shirt!! YES A LOGO with MY name on it! Hee hee hee.......My daughter made them- very classy!

I am with u all - I have some logo but can't stand when my daughter where's big Names across their chest..Its like -"hey look at me" - thats the good thing about a private schooll..White shirts - and blue pants..- no more - no less..:)

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....

Return to “Fashion Clothing”