Victoria's Secret

A forum to discuss all to do with clothes, fashion, beauty, and cosmetics.
valerie

Victoria's Secret

Post by valerie »

I KNEW that'd get your attention!! Just wanted to let all the MEN :yh_giggle

know that the Victoria's Secret fashion show will be on CBS Tuesday,

December 5th in the evening, check your local listings for times.

Bye kids!!

:yh_giggle
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Sheryl

Victoria's Secret

Post by Sheryl »

I errmm actually like watching it....:o ....:-3
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
valerie

Victoria's Secret

Post by valerie »

Sheryl;473483 wrote: I errmm actually like watching it....:o ....:-3

Don't worry, sistah friend, you ain't alone!!

;)
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Sheryl

Victoria's Secret

Post by Sheryl »

:yh_sweat

:wah:

my son
Sheryl

Victoria's Secret

Post by Sheryl »

So I just got done watching the show. Some really pretty stuff this year.

happen to glance over at Dave who was watching it with, his head was bobbing up and down slightly. Wondering if it was just following the girls walk or something else that as bobbing up and down...:thinking:

my son
lady cop

Victoria's Secret

Post by lady cop »

a little tip...i have done this for years....go to VS on the morning of Dec. 26. they are almost giving the stuff away! i got a $300. embroidered silk kimono for $26. and a fabulous $100. wispy gorgeous sexy nightgown for about $20.
guppy

Victoria's Secret

Post by guppy »

i will be on the vs. website on dec. 26th...........:)
lady cop

Victoria's Secret

Post by lady cop »

guppy;477843 wrote: i will be on the vs. website on dec. 26th...........:)you have to be at the store! early!
Tater Tazz

Victoria's Secret

Post by Tater Tazz »

hey, i am on this show!!!!!:D
laneybug

Victoria's Secret

Post by laneybug »

So I'm the only one not thrilled about VS. Oh well. I've just never seen such a big deal made about underwear as VS does. And how the angel thing all ties in is beyond me. As for lingerie pleasing men... thank god I have the type of man who couldn't care less about uncomfortable lace and pushups... he'd rather see me naked! :-4
It is better to have your mind opened by wonder

than closed by belief.
guppy

Victoria's Secret

Post by guppy »

this is funny...cause i have on a victoria secret camisole and short shorts...right now...:)
RedGlitter

Victoria's Secret

Post by RedGlitter »

laneybug;611183 wrote: So I'm the only one not thrilled about VS.

No, you're not. Their stuff wouldn't begin to fit me for one thing because I think their bras only go up to D or maybe a DD and they're too expensive for what you get anyway. I think VS is cheesy. Their stuff is made for skinny little girls. I have far sexier lingerie that I've bought elsewhere and it's made for real women with curves.
laneybug

Victoria's Secret

Post by laneybug »

RedGlitter;611221 wrote: No, you're not. Their stuff wouldn't begin to fit me for one thing because I think their bras only go up to D or maybe a DD and they're too expensive for what you get anyway. I think VS is cheesy. Their stuff is made for skinny little girls. I have far sexier lingerie that I've bought elsewhere and it's made for real women with curves.

Yay!! Someone else who think VS is cheesy!! I'm naturally a skinny little girl and I still wouldn't wear their sh*t. Speaking of skinny.... I really want to gain more weight. My doc thinks I might have a thyroid issue, since it's really hard for me to gain. Pisses me off. :mad:

than closed by belief.
RedGlitter

Victoria's Secret

Post by RedGlitter »

laneybug;611329 wrote: Yay!! Someone else who think VS is cheesy!! I'm naturally a skinny little girl and I still wouldn't wear their sh*t. Speaking of skinny.... I really want to gain more weight. My doc thinks I might have a thyroid issue, since it's really hard for me to gain. Pisses me off. :mad:

Hey, let me clarify something....I hope I didn't offend you (or anyone) with my skinny little girls comment. It just frustrates me that the clothing world caters to this type of woman, leaving out us voluptuous girls. My friend who wears an A or a B cup bra, can buy a whole bunch of them at Target for about $40 total. I wear a DDD (E) or sometimes an F depending on the brand and they don't even carry that in stores. I have to go to a specialty lingerie shop or hunt online for a bra that fits and doesn't look "old lady-ish." And when I manage to find one I like, it will run me anywhere from $40-$60! For one bra! Then add shipping to that. It's not just brassieres either. Those bustier things and teddies at VS just aren't made to fit the curves on women like me. You know where I have to shop? At "The Forgotten Woman." What does that say?!

Laneybug, check into that thyroid possibility. I have underactive thyroid myself and I take stuff for it. If your thyroid isn't working right, it can affect other things besides your weight.
laneybug

Victoria's Secret

Post by laneybug »

RedGlitter;611442 wrote: Hey, let me clarify something....I hope I didn't offend you (or anyone) with my skinny little girls comment. It just frustrates me that the clothing world caters to this type of woman, leaving out us voluptuous girls. My friend who wears an A or a B cup bra, can buy a whole bunch of them at Target for about $40 total. I wear a DDD (E) or sometimes an F depending on the brand and they don't even carry that in stores. I have to go to a specialty lingerie shop or hunt online for a bra that fits and doesn't look "old lady-ish." And when I manage to find one I like, it will run me anywhere from $40-$60! For one bra! Then add shipping to that. It's not just brassieres either. Those bustier things and teddies at VS just aren't made to fit the curves on women like me. You know where I have to shop? At "The Forgotten Woman." What does that say?!

Laneybug, check into that thyroid possibility. I have underactive thyroid myself and I take stuff for it. If your thyroid isn't working right, it can affect other things besides your weight.

I know you didn't mean to offend... and you didn't! I guess I feel almost obligated to tell people that I'm not one of those anorexic-make-myself-thin girls because people, when they first meet me, usually think that. So I jump the gun 'cause I don't want anyone thinking I starve myself!

I totally understand what you're saying, though. I don't think it's right that clothing/fashion is based on a very small percentage of the world, and a lot of people in that percentage have to struggle very hard to maintain the thin "ideal." Women (and men!) come in all shapes, sizes, colors, everything, and I'd be more than happy to live in a world that openly acknowledges that.

That store should seriously think about changing their name. "The Forgotten Woman..." what rubbish. Small gals, big gals.... none of us should ever feel like we're a minority.

Yes, I'm definitely checking into that thyroid issue. My next appointment is a physical, so they'll do blood work and the whole nine yards. I've always had the underweight problem and don't I hate it when other girls say "well, I'd rather be underweight than overweight..." Well hello!! I feel like knockin' them up side the head. It can be just as unhealthy to be underweight! Plus... with an overactive thyroid there's the fatigue (which I believe I have) and other symptoms, so it can be just as annoying and bad for you.

Heh... thinking of bras... I don't even wear one my titties are so small! Whenever my mom sees me she always nags about it. My theory... bras are meant to support.. and if you ain't got nothing to support, what's the point?! :wah: :wah:

than closed by belief.
RedGlitter

Victoria's Secret

Post by RedGlitter »

laneybug;611462 wrote: ..... Women (and men!) come in all shapes, sizes, colors, everything, and I'd be more than happy to live in a world that openly acknowledges that.

Wouldn't that be the best?? :-6

and don't I hate it when other girls say "well, I'd rather be underweight than overweight..." Well hello!! I feel like knockin' them up side the head.

:wah: I can appreciate that.

Heh... thinking of bras... I don't even wear one my titties are so small! Whenever my mom sees me she always nags about it. My theory... bras are meant to support.. and if you ain't got nothing to support, what's the point?! :wah:

I almost envy you. I loathe wearing bras. I'll only wear one when I go out of the house or when certain people come over to visit. I figure the general public doesn't need to have Bert and Ernie forced onto them :wah: but as soon as I'm back in the house, or my company leaves, the bra comes off! And it's bliss when it does.

laneybug

Victoria's Secret

Post by laneybug »

I know what you mean about the bra bit! I have one lonely little bra to wear to specific places where I must be ladylike, and I had to go to the little girl's section to find it!! :wah: They have my size in the ladies' department, but apparently they think all small women want their tits jacked up with padding galore and underwires that could push you nose up into your brain. :wah: :wah:

Mostly, I wear a tank top underneath my shirts so I don't high beam anyone. :-3

than closed by belief.
The Rob

Victoria's Secret

Post by The Rob »

I'm a happy, healthy male...and I just don't get it. Victoria's Secret apparel just looks like underwear to me. The ladies who wear them are pretty enough; but women wearing underwear strutting in high heels just seems silly.

A sleep shirt! Now that's sexy! :sneaky:
RedGlitter

Victoria's Secret

Post by RedGlitter »

I, Rob;611534 wrote: I'm a happy, healthy male...and I just don't get it. Victoria's Secret apparel just looks like underwear to me. The ladies who wear them are pretty enough; but women wearing underwear strutting in high heels just seems silly.

Yeah! Thank you Rob! A man after my own heart!

Especially wearing a big, plaid flannel shirt....his!
The Rob

Victoria's Secret

Post by The Rob »

RedGlitter;611567 wrote: Yeah! Thank you Rob! A man after my own heart!

Especially wearing a big, plaid flannel shirt....his!

Yay-yuss! :-4
laneybug

Victoria's Secret

Post by laneybug »

I, Rob;611534 wrote: I'm a happy, healthy male...and I just don't get it. Victoria's Secret apparel just looks like underwear to me. The ladies who wear them are pretty enough; but women wearing underwear strutting in high heels just seems silly.

Ugh.... that's another thing that I can't stand about VS and modeling altogether. High heels with underwear or bathing suits? Puh-leeze. Anyone who falls for that kind of advertising has something seriously wrong up there.

I still say nude. :sneaky:

than closed by belief.
laneybug

Victoria's Secret

Post by laneybug »

magenta flame;611630 wrote: Hee hheee has anyone seen a woman trying to walk in high heels in the sand at a beach? I certainly haven't, but I think I'd like to see it just once:wah:

Now that would be funny! :wah: :wah:

than closed by belief.
The Rob

Victoria's Secret

Post by The Rob »

laneybug;611624 wrote:

...I still say nude. :sneaky:

:yh_drool
Pheasy

Victoria's Secret

Post by Pheasy »

I, Rob;611776 wrote: :yh_drool

:wah: stop druelling - you smudging up the screen - and ummm, can't see your hands right now -- WHAT YOU UP TO!!:wah:
The Rob

Victoria's Secret

Post by The Rob »

ThePheasant;611791 wrote: :wah: stop druelling - you smudging up the screen - and ummm, can't see your hands right now -- WHAT YOU UP TO!!:wah:

:lips: N-n-nothing?
laneybug

Victoria's Secret

Post by laneybug »

Aww, stop... you're making me blush! :yh_blush :D

Actually... it's a matter of comfort. I seem to get all tangled up in pajamas. :rolleyes:

than closed by belief.
laneybug

Victoria's Secret

Post by laneybug »

I'd go around nekkid as much as possible, if I didn't think some people would have a fit about it. :D Neighbors don't seem to take kindly to wanting to sit in the sun in nothing but the outfit God made you in. :lips:

than closed by belief.
ilovebeauty

Victoria's Secret

Post by ilovebeauty »

valerie;473481 wrote: I KNEW that'd get your attention!! Just wanted to let all the MEN :yh_giggle

know that the Victoria's Secret fashion show will be on CBS Tuesday,

December 5th in the evening, check your local listings for times.

Bye kids!!

:yh_giggle
I was just curious where you'd go with that.
ilovebeauty

Victoria's Secret

Post by ilovebeauty »

Guess sex sales.
qsducks

Victoria's Secret

Post by qsducks »

I love VS undies & bras. Feels like you're not even wearing anything:wah:

Return to “Fashion Clothing”