Fashion Don'ts

A forum to discuss all to do with clothes, fashion, beauty, and cosmetics.
nvalleyvee

Fashion Don'ts

Post by nvalleyvee »

103 years old!!! I am impressed. That says a lot to how long you may live. My grandmas dies in their 90's. One was just a farm girl and the other was a rich snob. I miss them both.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
chonsigirl

Fashion Don'ts

Post by chonsigirl »

Lucky to still have my granny, my students never believe I still have one at my age. I warn them if they don't behave she will come out here and take them to task!
Marie5656

Fashion Don'ts

Post by Marie5656 »

lady cop wrote: ramble through a walmart in the south sometime...450 lb. women in spandex halter tops, the better to display their tattoos

That is a definate pet peeve of mine. As a "larger" member of society, it really bugs me to see big women AND men who seem to lack the self respect enough to wear clothes that fit well and are flattering to thier size. Both WalMart and K-Mart have great Plus sized departments, with good selections. I am totally bugged to see people in old, ratty dirty clothes..you know, the women in spandex that show off every lump, and the men who's bellys hang out from too small or shrunken shirts.

I mean, yes we are big, but why set ourselves up for redicule by wearing such unattractive clothes that do not fit well! There is no excuse. Then they wonder why people stare and laugh at them!!

:-5
Sheryl

Fashion Don'ts

Post by Sheryl »

a couple months ago in WalMart I came across this Hispanic lady who was dressed to the nines. She had on lime green pants that fit pretty snug, lime green halter top, lime green shoes sparkles and 4 inch heels, and to top it all off her eye shadow was a glittery lime green. I guess she missed all the fashion mags that say wearing all the same color is a don't. :wah:

And I was just wandering why the hell does someone dress like that just to go to Wally world. :thinking:
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Marie5656

Fashion Don'ts

Post by Marie5656 »

Lime green, eh? Yow!! That must have been a sight. Time to break out the sunglasses.
sunny104

Fashion Don'ts

Post by sunny104 »

Sheryl wrote: a couple months ago in WalMart I came across this Hispanic lady who was dressed to the nines. She had on lime green pants that fit pretty snug, lime green halter top, lime green shoes sparkles and 4 inch heels, and to top it all off her eye shadow was a glittery lime green. I guess she missed all the fashion mags that say wearing all the same color is a don't. :wah:

And I was just wandering why the hell does someone dress like that just to go to Wally world. :thinking:
Isn't that what Nomad wears to Wal Mart??:D
valerie

Fashion Don'ts

Post by valerie »

SnoozeControl wrote: Speaking of lowrider pants, it seems de rigeur to have a tattoo which is sometimes known as a 'tramp stamp.' Even Wikipedia has an entry on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tramp_stamp

Only you could find out something like that. I swear.

Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Sheryl

Fashion Don'ts

Post by Sheryl »

I have a tramp stamp :-3
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Clatteringford

Fashion Don'ts

Post by Clatteringford »

It should be about what suits you as a person and your figure not the latest outfit on tv...you need to be comfortable in what you wear.

clatteringford.com

Return to “Fashion Clothing”