What is your favourite 'current' outfit?

A forum to discuss all to do with clothes, fashion, beauty, and cosmetics.
jana fraser

Post by jana fraser »

I hope Capris never go out of style again. I don't have the ideal build for them, I'm not tall and willowy, but I don't care. I feel comfortable in them, put a nice t shirt or blouse with them, pair of sandals (not heels!) I tie my hair back and off I go...about as low maintenance as you can get.

I teach and we have a new principal this year. It is bizarre that the first time Ill say almost 'ever' I have a dress code that sounds like something from decades ago.

No capris allowed. No bare arms to show. I teach in a school that has classes until late June and we all know how hot June can be and there is NO air conditioning. We can only wear sleeveless dresses, t shirts or blouses if we wera a sweater or wrap over them. I think my internal body temperature elevated 5 celcius just reading this.!

Hence this summer I am wearing the capris and sleeveless wear til my heart is content)

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I teach in middle school, and I wear jeans-colored jeans, everyday. I am teaching science this year, it would be foolish to wear a dress. And I would refuse to, it snows here! Otherwise, my thermals would show, I wear them all winter long.

I would check your teacher's union about the dress code regulation, I do not think it can be dictated you cannot wear capris.
Tigerlily

Post by Tigerlily »

Iam an accountant but work with young people who come to work clad in anything from a cocktail dress to tattered shorts when they don't have to be on display.

Years ago I worked for a firm where the managing director didn't approve of women wearing trousers. I used to cycle to work, and while I worked there (only for a short time!) we had a very hard winter. He'd ask me where I'd left my horse. What a prat.
Felinessa

Post by Felinessa »

Black is the new black again!!!

And I'm going to love every moment of it this fall. Actually, I love fall clothes more than anything else, because suit jackets, cardigans, sweaters, and boots in deep colors are my favorite things. Along with whiskers on kitties, of course :wah:

But I'm happy that big, structured, crock purses are back in style, because I hated the boho bags (refused to wear them). And I'm looking forward to acquiring some cashmere, equestrian boots, and maybe a fur stole. I also noticed brooches and pins in the mags, which I'm happy about because I loved them two years ago.

On the flipside, what is UP with leggings? And why did they crawl back from the 80s??? :-5
The power of MEOW
jana fraser

Post by jana fraser »

Chonisgirl, I SHOULD check with our union yes. We have a meeting next week, as school starts in 3 weeks...and we still get lots of hot days for the month of September.

Tigerlily, I laughed at your boss asking you where you left your horse when you wore your trousers biking to work, lol)

Pinky, that would be quite a transition from suity type clothes to your corset tops and boots, bet you have tons of fun dressing as you want when you go out!

Felinessa, I TOO love black and am glad it is back and bigger than ever. Leggings are back, uh? I do NOT have the legs for those, Ill leave them at the store!
Peg

Post by Peg »

I don't get the fact that at my kids' school, girls can wear capris or skirts that are so short you pray they don't sneeze, yet boys are not allowed to wear shorts that are as long as capris.:-5
minks

Post by minks »

Blue Collar worker here

Give me my low rise jeans, a tshirt and sneakers anyday :D
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
minks

Post by minks »

tmbsgrl wrote: I Love and feel most comfy in a pair of flared jeans & a hoodie(sweatshirt) & gym shoes. :-4

we will look like twins when we get to Vegas hehehehehe:-4
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
CheshireCat

Post by CheshireCat »

I wear scrubs for work. Purple ones. I usually change into sweats when I get home. Out it's ratty jeans, super nice top and pearls.
"My body is the earth but my head is in the stars."

God Bless BR!!!
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Shorts, t-shirt, bare feet. That's "CURRENT," isn't it?
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

I never follow trends...I'm such a hippy! :D

my favorite outfit is jeans, a funky but comfy top and barefoot, or flip flops if I'm going out. And Ugg boots if it's chilly....:-6
ACCADUE

Post by ACCADUE »

Tigerlily wrote: Iam an accountant but work with young people who come to work clad in anything from a cocktail dress to tattered shorts when they don't have to be on display.

Years ago I worked for a firm where the managing director didn't approve of women wearing trousers. I used to cycle to work, and while I worked there (only for a short time!) we had a very hard winter. He'd ask me where I'd left my horse. What a prat.

Me too, years ago! Our MD didn't want jeans.

I remember my overseas colleagues, when they came in Italy: they used to wear a blue tailleur, always!

Now, I prefer to wear trousers - not jeans, anyway, I feel not confortable, they are too tight for me..- or skirt with shirt and jacket.

Shoes with medium slim heel .. I love shoes..I would buy lot of them...like these...
weber

Post by weber »

Black is good

and anything loose and stretchy with lots of room to move.:D
miriam:yh_flower

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.

.................Charles Mingus

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?
Felinessa

Post by Felinessa »

Cardigans!!! They are baaaaaack, so soft, and in those awesome deep colors ... I'm off to Cotton Ginny tonight to get a couple :-4
The power of MEOW
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Felinessa wrote: Cardigans!!! They are baaaaaack, so soft, and in those awesome deep colors ... I'm off to Cotton Ginny tonight to get a couple :-4

My twin sis says that cardigans are big right now.

I am kinda hopeless about this stuff so she helps me stay somewhat current.

I'm happiest in sweats and sneakers. I don't look the best in them, but I'm happy anyway :p
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Pinky wrote: Must admit, I'm not fond of cardigans per se, but Betty has one of the nicest ones I've ever seen!

Oh yeah :)

BSquared ROCKS in her lovely brown cardi :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

booradley

Post by booradley »

shoes are my first love...I tend to buy the shoes first, then the outfit to go around them
guppy

Post by guppy »

jeans, camisole, and barefoot. ........................:-6
booradley

Post by booradley »

not much chance to go barefoot over on this side of the pond:(
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Pinky wrote: Must admit, I'm not fond of cardigans per se, but Betty has one of the nicest ones I've ever seen!

See, I'm just a trend setter!! Which cardi are you talking about?? :wah:
booradley

Post by booradley »

lol, last time I did I was hobbling over a shingle beach in Norfolk in the freezing cold determined to enjoy my holiday:lips:

we went to Turkey shortly after...:wah:
booradley

Post by booradley »

really? Norfolk's beautiful compared with Stoke, lol...it's just that the bad weather follows me around. We're going to Somerset this weekend..I'm not holding my breath.

I have bought some new shoes though ; )
Felinessa

Post by Felinessa »

Cardis are always in for me :p I think the reason I like them so much is because they are so versatile: you can wear them as sweaters or as jackets, dress them down with a tanktop, dress them up with a lacy cami and a brooch, wear them with jeans, wear them with a button-down shirt and dress pants, wear them as cover-ups over a dress, etc.
The power of MEOW
beautyful

Post by beautyful »

I just have to share this: i bought a ra-ra skirt with this sort of net bit at the bottom, hard to explain but it is fabulous! short and risque but gorgeous! its kind of goth fairy :)
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

At present, my favorite outfit is a pair of jean capris with gold embroidery and sewn-on real gemstones all around the hems. I wear them usually with my favorite shirt which is a burgundy short sleeve t shirt with a notched neck and small silver studs around the neckline, and small silver and copper studs forming a butterfly on the front.

I wear this outfit with my beloved Crocs; either the gold Mary Janes or the light blue clogs.

Felinessa, please tell me that fur stole was faux fur??! :-1
guppy

Post by guppy »

i am into low rise jeans, white tank top and a cute over shirt. brighton belt, and i positively love merryl shoes. :)
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

I just cant think of anything i would rather wear than p.j's :-4 forget designer labels & high fashion, after a long days graft - bring on the comfort zone :D
beautyful

Post by beautyful »

buttercup;461713 wrote: I just cant think of anything i would rather wear than p.j's :-4 forget designer labels & high fashion, after a long days graft - bring on the comfort zone :D

I have to say I agree with you, there is nothing like coming home after a hard day and slipping into those elasticated pj bottoms :)

Return to “Fashion Clothing”