So devastating. Tassy is in Mourning.

A forum to discuss local issues in Australia.
magentaflame

So devastating. Tassy is in Mourning.

Post by magentaflame »

https://7news.com.au/news/tas/emergency ... -c-4969792

As a parent I can't help but cry every time I see or hear something about this in the media. It's ongoing heart breaking news.
I realise this time of year is a bit different in the northern hemisphere in relation to school but in this country kids begin breaking up from school for the summer holidays.
In the case of these kids they are in their last year of primary school, a milestone, Christmas only a week away and they were celebrating going off to high school.
Christmas presents have been bought. New school uniforms have been tried on. Books ordered, probably sitting in their bedrooms. A busy yet exciting time for a class of 11 to 12 year old's.

Then this happens. It's just too gut retching for words.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Re: So devastating. Tassy is in Mourning.

Post by spot »

It's awful. England occasionally has castles picked up by wild gusts but never on that scale. They're not an entirely safe entertainment.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

The parents entrusted their children to the schools care and the school failed them.

I’m not trying to apportion blame, more trying to understand what it will do to the school and those who organised the occasion - I don’t think I could cope with that level of guilt and responsibility.

And the poor children who watched it happen, the trauma will be beyond belief.

I mourn for the dead and for those who are left behind.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

That is terrible.
One of our grandchildren was in a similar incident a few years ago. The thing was picked up, and rolled across a field in the wind.
She, and all the other children survived that event.
There are laws on the books, now in the county that such attractions must be tied down and inspected prior to allowing children to play on them.
Even so, with the winds we get here, they have escaped their bonds and traveled a few times.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Australia”