Euphemistic truth

A forum to discuss local issues in Australia.
magentaflame

Euphemistic truth

Post by magentaflame »

Began this thread because of what Spot said in another thread that was right on the mark .

spot;1506392 wrote: Different things. A euphemistic truth is a nasty truth wrapped up in optimistic language.

Our Prime minister (a rich business man) has been selling off Australia to the highest bidder ever since his party came to power. (Abbott was booted by him recently) but he did warn us with 'HIS' truth......" Australia is open for business" .....all the small business owners got excited because our prime minister said " These are exciting times" ....but it wasn't about them. In fact it hasn't been exciting for any Australian. No wage growth for 15 years, they want to get rid of Medicare (equivalent to NHS) Utility bills rising beyond even the capacity of the lower working middle class to pay for it.

There has been rumblings amongst the population for a few years now about selling land of for fracking and mining to foreign entities......and even more recently and alarmingly, prime farmland!!!!!! Now I understand foreigners look at Australia and think it's a huge place why would we bother about a little investment.

well to the uninitiated ....we are a big country but most of it is arid. (we're not building water recycling plants and desalting sea water for nothing. Arguably we have enough long term resources just for us ....but in the next links you'll see whats really going on .

Our Prime minister was right .....it's true! Australia really is open for business but not to Australians. And it really is exciting times ...............but not for us.

Oh and BTW if you don't like investment in Australia it's because you're a racist and not because you are offended and disgusted that deals are being done without the consent of Australians having any say in what happens to our own country.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... -companies

And then updated.

No Cookies | The Weekly Times

And now this shocking turn of events.

Defence drops plans for compulsory acquisition of Queensland farmland for training area - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Why do we keep selling off land so overseas troops can train here so in the future they can invade us in war?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
gmc

Euphemistic truth

Post by gmc »

Watch what happens in america bet you the national parks will be up for grabs.
magentaflame

Euphemistic truth

Post by magentaflame »

would not surprise me.....but you'll only hear about it afterwards.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
magentaflame

Euphemistic truth

Post by magentaflame »

WTF? What's this "originally posted by spot" crap? I quoted a sentence from you, you did not write my post!!!!

What does this sentence mean to you???? Began this thread because of what Spot said in another thread that was right on the mark .

where do you get off telling the world my thread is originally posted by you?

Return to “Australia”