Trying to add smilies and stuff..

Testing 1,2,3. This is the place to try out posting, uploading, adding a signature, and all that!
Bez

Post by Bez »

Can anyone tell me how I add smileys from Smiley Central etc to my messages...I am so frusrated that my posts are so boring.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Bez

Post by Bez »

I feel quite inadequate. At work I'm 'Queen of the computer'.....I feel a bit of a dunce here..I'm sure I'll find a willing teacher here somwhere...:-6

Abbeys been trying to help me
abbey

Post by abbey »

Bez, you need to delete some of your pm's as you cant accept them cos your inbox is full.
Bez

Post by Bez »

Done that Abbey...only allowed 5 messages so it soon gets full. ....All ok with the smileys now.....thanks for your help

abbey

Post by abbey »

Well done girl, hope you feel complete now x :D
Bez

Post by Bez »

Yep....fully equipped now.....night night....see you tomorrow xxx

abbey

Post by abbey »

Bez wrote: Yep....fully equipped now.....night night....see you tomorrow xxx

SWEET DREAMS X

Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Bez wrote: Yep....fully equipped now.....night night....see you tomorrow xxx

AAAhhhh. Now her posts are as pretty as her spirit. :-4
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

HELPPPPPPPP

I just can't get these blasted smilies to work from Smiley Central???? :-5 :-5 :-5

Anyone please help poor me!!!!
abbey

Post by abbey »

chrisb84uk wrote: HELPPPPPPPP

I just can't get these blasted smilies to work from Smiley Central???? :-5 :-5 :-5

Anyone please help poor me!!!!What's it worth??
Bez

Post by Bez »

chrisb84uk wrote: HELPPPPPPPP

Anyone please help poor me!!!!

Hi Chris.....have you got the little 'tool bar thing' in the top right hand corner of your screen. If you have, you should just be able to click on the yellow smiley which gives you your options and then click on your slection.
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Bez wrote: Hi Chris.....have you got the little 'tool bar thing' in the top right hand corner of your screen. If you have, you should just be able to click on the yellow smiley which gives you your options and then click on your slection.

Yes Bez I do have the little tool bar thing. I can get to where all the smilies are but when I click on one then I get a 'send to friend page' and then I'm stumpted.
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Anyone????? I take it no-one knows then???? Oh well....
Bez

Post by Bez »

Chris...have you actually been to smiley central and downloaded the little programme ?
randall

Post by randall »

Hi Abbey,

Have you checked out my comments on the Agony Aunt column named "Dear Abbey"? She (If it was a she,?) was a reqular contributer to the US newspapers and if my memory serves me right, a collectiion of the questions and her replies were actually published in a book - our American friends probably know a lot more about her than I do - after all, I was only in my twenties and NO ONE HAS ANY PROBLEMS IN THEIR TWENTIES - well that's what our parents used to say and kept telling us they were the best years of our lives.

Looking back, with all those worries and indecisions I doubt it. I would not like to go back for all the tea in China.

Anyway, I was going to say that it looks - although we are miles apart in ages - we are having the same compuer problems.

I also cannot get the hang of moving smilies and placing them exactly where I want them on or in a letter.

It is the same with the countries flags, where do I get them from in the first place.

A new problem cropped up yesterday - my CD ROM conked out and kept telling me to put in a disc even although there was a disc in it.

Accidentally I found that now and again I could get it to play music but not read data or graphics.

I telephoned two of my most friendly "computer experts"???? who - (A) said that they had never heard of it and - (B) it couldn't happen!

"Oh yes, " I replied cheerfully, knowing that I had the upperhand. "It can happen and that is the second question on the Microsoft Troubleshooter page. 'Can it play music and not read data'".

"And what was their solution," my acquaintances asked.

"Oh, they just said that they could not help me as it was beyond the scope of the troubleshooter.!"

The stick we put up with these days aslmost without a murmur.

God bless.

randall
randall

Post by randall »

Hi FLOPSTOCK, randall here, :-6

(A) I am a loner and only took up computing (my wife bought the PC on the never-never but never learned to use it) after I had lost my job at sea.

(B) I thought that I could earn money with it but so far none has turned up.

(C) I also thought that all those who had PC's were interested in using them as PC's but found to my disappointment that they only used them for playing games and had no interest in progressing further.

Forgive the prologue but it is just to let you know that I have only the one machine much improved from the original Hewlett Packard my wife originally got.

Friendly repair men kept upgrading my machines and cases at a fraction of the real cost and only charged for new spare parts giving me all the MS programmes free in turn one by one until this year I was forced the buy MS XP Home Edition because of Mr Gates obsession for protectionism.

So, I could not try anything in my CD ROM drive except what I had and I could not try these on any other machine.

However, just like a PC, I put a disc in and lo and behold it suddenly started to work again - maybe it just needed the rest???????

My only real problem left outstanding is despite Abbey's helpful letter I still cannot get a flag onto my page or post.

I tried one using the scanner but it told me that it was the wrong type. JPEG or something, etc. I would also like to put photographs on as well but just make a mess of it

But then I am new to digital photography as well - I still have an M3 Leica!

Today I managed to take a photo of the back yard and get it onto the PC and printed it A size within about fifteen minutes and to me THAT is an achievement.

A million thanks for your concern and offers and suggestions.

Typically British,

We always muddle through.

God bless.

randall
randall

Post by randall »

:-6

randall to Bez,

You have helped me a lot and I hope I can repay you in som small way.

I just move the flashing line/cusor or whatever you call it to wherever I wasnt the Smiley and then click on the smiley and lo and behold it appears there - BUT not as a smile but as a combination of symbols which turn into smilies when the letter is posted.

I still have not worked out how I managed to get the twin Scottish flags on the websight?

Can you, or any one, tell me how to get back the spell checker which once again has disappeared from the top right hand corner of my "NEW POSTS"

I am am hopeless without them.

PS I thought you were a real whiz kid with computers?

God bless.

randall

:)
Bez

Post by Bez »

Hi Randall

You have to download a small programme to use the spell checker on FG. My Norton anti virus won't let me do that so I just keep a good old fashioned dictionary by my keyboard...he he....technology eh ?? :D

Cheers Bez
randall

Post by randall »

:-6

randall find smillies are not too much trouble - compared with his gargantuan battle trying to burn cd's etc.

But I hate mispelling and would give almost anything to be able to reintroduce the spell correction unit in the top right hand corner of my posts - PERMANENTLY!

SOMETIMES IT IS THERE

The next time I am in the middle of a post and there it is - GONE !

God bless.

randall

:)

Return to “Test Forum”