Hello to everyone !!!

Testing 1,2,3. This is the place to try out posting, uploading, adding a signature, and all that!
fitbill
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:48 pm

Hello to everyone !!!

Post by fitbill »

Hello to all of you! I am Vasileios. I live in Greece.

I am a web developer & designer. I have to say that I am addicted to computers and video games. I like bikes too much.

I also believe in physical fitness, health and wellness. At my free time I try to do some workout inside my house or outside in nature.

This forum looks great for getting the right information.
Physical fitness, health and wellness - Find the right motivation in life
User avatar
Bryn Mawr
Posts: 15908
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:54 pm

Hello to everyone !!!

Post by Bryn Mawr »

fitbill;1501509 wrote: Hello to all of you! I am Vasileios. I live in Greece.

I am a web developer & designer. I have to say that I am addicted to computers and video games. I like bikes too much.

I also believe in physical fitness, health and wellness. At my free time I try to do some workout inside my house or outside in nature.

This forum looks great for getting the right information.


Hi, welcome to the Garden.

Where abouts in Greece are you?

I'm in Sitia, Crete and loving every moment of it :-)
User avatar
G#Gill
Posts: 14728
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:09 pm

Hello to everyone !!!

Post by G#Gill »

Hello fitbill ! I hope you find Forum Garden to your liking. Certainly you will find the members are friendly. Do join in and have fun!
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
fitbill
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:48 pm

Hello to everyone !!!

Post by fitbill »

Bryn Mawr;1501562 wrote: Hi, welcome to the Garden.

Where abouts in Greece are you?

I'm in Sitia, Crete and loving every moment of it :-)


Nice place. I was studying in Create at Heraklion. I have been to SITIA, is awesome. All Create and all Greece is really awesome specially during the summer session.

But I do not leave to Create, I live in a place called ANDROS is located on AEGEAN open sea.
Physical fitness, health and wellness - Find the right motivation in life
fitbill
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:48 pm

Hello to everyone !!!

Post by fitbill »

G#Gill;1501582 wrote: Hello fitbill ! I hope you find Forum Garden to your liking. Certainly you will find the members are friendly. Do join in and have fun!


Thank you my friend. I see the forum is really good, so lets have some fun.
Physical fitness, health and wellness - Find the right motivation in life
User avatar
Bryn Mawr
Posts: 15908
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:54 pm

Hello to everyone !!!

Post by Bryn Mawr »

fitbill;1501593 wrote: Nice place. I was studying in Create at Heraklion. I have been to SITIA, is awesome. All Create and all Greece is really awesome specially during the summer session.

But I do not leave to Create, I live in a place called ANDROS is located on AEGEAN open sea.


Not too far north then. I've heard that the University in Heraklion is a good one, what did you study?
ZAP
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:25 pm

Hello to everyone !!!

Post by ZAP »

Vasileios, are you familiar with an artist who shares your name? I have a painting by this artist and I've tried to get more information about him.
fitbill
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:48 pm

Hello to everyone !!!

Post by fitbill »

ZAP;1501597 wrote: Vasileios, are you familiar with an artist who shares your name? I have a painting by this artist and I've tried to get more information about him.


you mean the name VASILEIOS?
Physical fitness, health and wellness - Find the right motivation in life
fitbill
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:48 pm

Hello to everyone !!!

Post by fitbill »

Bryn Mawr;1501595 wrote: Not too far north then. I've heard that the University in Heraklion is a good one, what did you study?


I was studying WEB development - desing ..
Physical fitness, health and wellness - Find the right motivation in life
ZAP
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:25 pm

Hello to everyone !!!

Post by ZAP »

fitbill;1501624 wrote: you mean the name VASILEIOS?


Yes. Vasileios. I have a painting signed by Vasileios. I believe he was a Greek artist. It was previously owned by Dr. George Papanicolaou, developer of the Pap smear.
User avatar
magentaflame
Posts: 2882
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Victoria, Australia

Hello to everyone !!!

Post by magentaflame »

welcome Fitbill .....pleased to meet cha. :)
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
fitbill
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:48 pm

Hello to everyone !!!

Post by fitbill »

ZAP;1501626 wrote: Yes. Vasileios. I have a painting signed by Vasileios. I believe he was a Greek artist. It was previously owned by Dr. George Papanicolaou, developer of the Pap smear.


As you know they are a lot of Greek artists with that name. But to say the truth I do not know anyone with that name that is artist. To say a bigger the only Greek artist that I know is with has an another name.
Physical fitness, health and wellness - Find the right motivation in life
User avatar
minks
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

Hello to everyone !!!

Post by minks »

welcome to the forum.

I hope you enjoy your stay, post often and make good friends.

Cheers from Canada
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
User avatar
Saint_
Posts: 3323
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:05 pm
Location: The Four Corners

Hello to everyone !!!

Post by Saint_ »

Welcome fitbill! If you are a web designer, how do you like my designs?

Mr. Ives Cyberhome

Rocinante High School

I haven't had any formal training, I just taught myself....
fitbill
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:48 pm

Hello to everyone !!!

Post by fitbill »

minks;1501668 wrote: welcome to the forum.

I hope you enjoy your stay, post often and make good friends.

Cheers from Canada


You can bet on that minks. Nice to be here.
Physical fitness, health and wellness - Find the right motivation in life
fitbill
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:48 pm

Hello to everyone !!!

Post by fitbill »

magentaflame;1501630 wrote: welcome Fitbill .....pleased to meet cha. :)


Nice to meet you too, magentaflame. This forum looks nice with friendly people.
Physical fitness, health and wellness - Find the right motivation in life
fitbill
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:48 pm

Hello to everyone !!!

Post by fitbill »

Saint_;1501680 wrote: Welcome fitbill! If you are a web designer, how do you like my designs?

Mr. Ives Cyberhome

Rocinante High School

I haven't had any formal training, I just taught myself....


For a beginner is OK. Ofcourse you have to learn better CSS & HTML to improve the perfomance. Design without perfomance is meaningless.

https://developers.google.com/speed/pag ... tab=mobile

You just had some 3 column desing. Is really bad in the eye because the columns do not have the same width. And I prefer to use in specific situations, like when I preview results of something (products,photos etc.)

You just used accordion panels on any object in the HOME PAGE, is really bad (also by default they are all opened, so what is the point of using them).

Also most of your links has a css style cursor:default; you should use pointer for desktop users.

If you are going to get deeper on web design, you have to practise a lot CSS,HTML .. and PHOTOSHOP would be really usefull (not too much like in the past, but it will always be useful for designers at some points).

but the most important this is a good start ..
Physical fitness, health and wellness - Find the right motivation in life
User avatar
minks
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

Hello to everyone !!!

Post by minks »

WHEW Saint I hope you understood all that.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
User avatar
magentaflame
Posts: 2882
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Victoria, Australia

Hello to everyone !!!

Post by magentaflame »

minks;1501727 wrote: WHEW Saint I hope you understood all that.


Lost me after "for a beginner" lol. Its a totall different language :)
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
fitbill
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:48 pm

Hello to everyone !!!

Post by fitbill »

magentaflame;1501729 wrote: Lost me after "for a beginner" lol. Its a totall different language :)


Hehehe. Yeah is kind of complicated when you talk for WEB LANGUAGES. But I think SAINT already heard these kind of stuff .. if he is really involved with web design ..
Physical fitness, health and wellness - Find the right motivation in life
fitbill
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:48 pm

Hello to everyone !!!

Post by fitbill »

minks;1501727 wrote: WHEW Saint I hope you understood all that.


Yeah me too. Hehehehe ..
Physical fitness, health and wellness - Find the right motivation in life
User avatar
minks
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

Hello to everyone !!!

Post by minks »

Saint's a smart guy I bet he does.

Now if you were to talk about say oh women's fashion that may be more complex ;) lol
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
User avatar
Saint_
Posts: 3323
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:05 pm
Location: The Four Corners

Hello to everyone !!!

Post by Saint_ »

fitbill;1501699 wrote:

but the most important this is a good start ..


Sure, I understand! Thanks for the feedback. I've only picked it up in the last four weeks. I'll take your advice to heart! (especially the column width!) :)
fitbill
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:48 pm

Hello to everyone !!!

Post by fitbill »

Saint_;1501864 wrote: Sure, I understand! Thanks for the feedback. I've only picked it up in the last four weeks. I'll take your advice to heart! (especially the column width!) :)


You are welcome. I am ten years on web design and development, Ι killed my eyes on learning web languages (HTML,CSS,PHP,JAVASCRIPT,XML,PYTHON) .. I still remember my 1st effort to create a website .. hahaha .. it is so funny .. but in every category in this LIFE you have to start from somewhere .. so you just made a good start there .. but you have to go much more deeper if you like WEB DESIGN and DEVELOPMENT .. good luck with that !!!

See you around in this forum my friend ..
Physical fitness, health and wellness - Find the right motivation in life
User avatar
Bryn Mawr
Posts: 15908
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:54 pm

Hello to everyone !!!

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Would you do me the kindness of casting an eye over my effort?

Wagtail Hall

I realise it's just an empty shell but trying to get content out of my daughter is a nightmare.

Return to “Test Forum”